Options

Trailers from [Chat]

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Auditorium style meeting in 22 minutes.

Yay!!!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My son has reached the frat boy level of being a child. He wakes up wants a large drink and then he's annoying until he mercifully goes to sleep.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Fuck. My iPhone charger cable (or perhaps the port) is fucking up. The slightest tap unconnects it now. :(

Get a toothpick and dig inside the lightning port. You'll likely pull out a whole bunch of junk. It will then be great.

Will do next time I have access to toothpicks. Which may be only next Tuesday.

it doesn't need to be a toothpick. find the sewing kit in your hotel room. use the needle. break your own finger. strip the flesh and whittle the bone. whatever works.

I remember reading, and I think this would have been in the Oxford Illustrated Prehistory of Europe, that one of the earliest (if the The earliest) known artifacts to be associated with the arrival of anatomically modern humans is the bone needle. It would be another tens of thousands of years before much of a technology gap appears between modern humans and neanderthals but the needle seemed to be an early innovation.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    sunny d and tang have always disgusted me

along with that drink with the little bobbles in it, orbitz

that stuff made me gag

I can deal with Tang but Sunny D just makes me grimace. It's too sweet and weirdly thick.

sunny d is probably the most disgusting manufactured drink IMO
    do not know who their market is

people who don't want soda or purple stuff

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Oh no city broker man has asked his date what kind of chocolate she would be and why and of course has a really irritating prepared answer to that question himself. Ick.

She seems to like him, however, and he was a perfect gentleman. Two poshos finding love on their own level. It warms my English soul to see the class system working.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    [chat], why is it so hard to throw out socks and underwear?

they're not very aerodynamic or solid, and sometimes they get caught on the side of the bin

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

that stuff made me gag

I can deal with Tang but Sunny D just makes me grimace. It's too sweet and weirdly thick.

it's Orange drink, as done by someone who's never tasted an actual orange

It's not even that. I mean it's not like purple stuff tastes like grape, or other orange looking stuff tastes like oranges. But Sunny D makes me think that some asshole was screaming "More Sugar! More Sugar! Apply heat and make it all dissolve so we can add more sugar!" during the creation process.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Conspiracy hat time

tell people they're in division closed beta
    issue code
    enter code -> doesn't work
    page says "buy the game to get into beta"

clever stealth marketing campaign

override367 on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    alright sammich time

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    And then there's Capri Sun, the stupidest alternative to a juice box but it was silvery so everyone had them

You goddamn squirrel, you take that back

Never, those pouches were functionally awful

Maybe your childhood palette wasn't refined enough.

The taste of the juice was fine

My beef is with the pouches

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    a
    Chanus wrote: »
    looking at possible retirement investments

they've all tanked so bad this past quarter

well, yeah, the dow has tanked

but that's a good time to buy in because when they recover you get more bang for your buck

also look at dividend payouts since there's basically no inflation or upward movement right now

yes, i think i'm going to move into a key fund that i sense potential in after a short dive into it's assets

sigh, why did i not go get that economics major. this is where i belong!

*cough* vanguard 500 index fund *cough*

that one isn't in either DailyAccess or TIAA-Cref's lists chanus "Sir Landshark"

oh well yeah they probs wont carry a competing broker's funds

they probs have comparable indices/etfs

Vanguard Institutional Index Fund Institutional Shares

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

that stuff made me gag

sunny d is probably the most disgusting manufactured drink IMO
    do not know who their market is

people who don't want soda or purple stuff

sugar water and purple runs through the veins of many here.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Leftover salmon and brown rice risotto still pretty legit, 4 days on. Woo.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Sunny D tastes like vomit.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    a

but that's a good time to buy in because when they recover you get more bang for your buck

also look at dividend payouts since there's basically no inflation or upward movement right now

yes, i think i'm going to move into a key fund that i sense potential in after a short dive into it's assets

that one isn't in either DailyAccess or TIAA-Cref's lists chanus "Sir Landshark"

it's like the gold standard index fund

it may not be the hottest performing, but it also has super low fees and stuff

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    is it because, like our true selves, as long as no one sees them we are fine with them being tattered and soiled?

...you should throw out your soiled underwear

fuckkin richie rich over here

I happen to enjoy wearing extremely tight blue shorts and giant red bow ties, thank you very much

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    [chat], why is it so hard to throw out socks and underwear?

I throw out socks and underwear all the time, it's easy.

I find it much harder to throw out old clothes, though that is mostly because I'm stuck in the dilemma of not having the energy to bring them to the charity donation spot but also feeling like I should donate them and not just throw them away.

• Options
    And then there's Capri Sun, the stupidest alternative to a juice box but it was silvery so everyone had them

Hard to appreciate a drink that doesn't want you to open it.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Sunny D does indeed hurt the teeth.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    how do i get paid out dividends, chanus

i've never actually really fucked around with my retirement accounts

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

The taste of the juice was fine

My beef is with the pouches

Ohhhhhhh.

Yeah they were dumb. You lost more juice putting the straw in than you did drinking

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    the pottermore site just sorted me into slytherin

just like i always knew..
    I am still upset that I was sorted into Slytherin.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Sunny D tastes like vomit.

Have a lot of experience with vomit? Well you do live in Kenmore.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

at Fidelity or Morgan Stanley it just shows up in the account as a line item for cash.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Getting paid dividends happens automatically whenever the corp/LLC behind the stock you own issues one.

Are you talking about liquidating your account?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

oh well yeah they probs wont carry a competing broker's funds

they probs have comparable indices/etfs

Vanguard Institutional Index Fund Institutional Shares

that works

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    also on the topic of expenses. i'm moving my fund from something with .75% to .04% and better returns historically. i should've checked this last year

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Well twitter just gave me my next [chat] idea

• Options
    i assume retirement accounts would default to reinvesting dividends since idk about the tax ramifications of collecting dividends on pretax investments

• Options

that stuff made me gag

It's not even that. I mean it's not like purple stuff tastes like grape, or other orange looking stuff tastes like oranges. But Sunny D makes me think that some asshole was screaming "More Sugar! More Sugar! Apply heat and make it all dissolve so we can add more sugar!" during the creation process.

It would be at home amongst fallout shelter rations.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

most stocks and funds just pay dividends every month or quarter or year (depending) and you just look for ones that pay out the most, and reinvest them as new shares

but also balanced against whether or not the stock will be a good long-term investment because if it is volatile or is going to tank, obviously it will be bad for you

but dividends help your share balance grow so it will offset a lot the stagnation that is the best outcome in the current economy for longer term investments

basically since your stock isn't going to grow much, you'll just get more stock through dividends

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    12 hours til touchdown and I get to bounce, and I swear my nan is gonna induce a stress related heart attack before then. She just roped me into looking for a new bus pass that I wasn't sure existed. She said she got it earlier, put it in the lil' case thing she has. Wasn't there, was accusing me of taking it. I searched the whole fucking house before she remembered where it was, in some random bag. Then of course, no apologies for accusing me, no acknowledgement that her memory had failed, nothing. Just carried on like nothing had happened.

Now I am gonna cook a pie meant for both of us and eat the whole thing, partly cause of an earlier tantrum pissing me off enough that I let her cook her own dinner (bread sandwich!) but mostly cause stress mek me hongry

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    also on the topic of expenses. i'm moving my fund from something with .75% to .04% and better returns historically. i should've checked this last year

yup. that's the draw of indices. don't try and pretend like you're smarter than the billion dollar financial industry just try and get the baseline returns while minimizing expenses (mutual funds are actively managed so they draw higher expenses due to both management fees and transaction costs)

• Options

Getting paid dividends happens automatically whenever the corp/LLC behind the stock you own issues one.

Are you talking about liquidating your account?

i have it in equities so maybe i'm not eligible? this is just one of my big retirement accounts so it's got like $20k derping around

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I would usually forgo the straw.

Just bite through the top part of the pouch and suck that thing down.

Straight up shotgunning that sucker, I was such a little sugarwater junkie.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

that stuff made me gag

It would be at home amongst fallout shelter rations.

Part of me wonders if it was a bet gone horribly wrong. Two food science dudes sitting around drunk and wondering if they can make a drink that causes a traceable spike in diabetes numbers. And then someone in marketing got their hands on it.

• Options
    i assume retirement accounts would default to reinvesting dividends since idk about the tax ramifications of collecting dividends on pretax investments

yeah this is what i assumed happened and then got more shares

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Conspiracy hat time

tell people they're in division closed beta
    issue code
    enter code -> doesn't work
    page says "buy the game to get into beta"

clever stealth marketing campaign

I used the Nvidia free promo that got linked in r/gamedeals and it uh... worked.

Sounds like they gave out the same list of beta codes to more than one place for distribution.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    that sucks, Dark

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Well twitter just gave me my next [chat] idea

Is your next chat going to be a series of posts attacking another forumer for seemingly mentioning your wife?

This discussion has been closed.