Options

Can I get THE WITNESS (oh can I get a Witness)

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Fuck. I think I know what it is now too!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Okay I see it for sure but I am unsure how to, (starting Area)
    Close the forcefield gate.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    73+4 now. All of the + 4 were tonight. That first one was a cool moment. Also Underground (below windmill )
    I was not expecting there to be fmv in this.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular

Okay I see it for sure but I am unsure how to, (starting Area)
    Close the forcefield gate.

except now
    it is off how do you turn it on????

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    also holy....
    there are +1s in the clouds!!! 1 i got for sure, the one with the grey cloud... one i cant find the right place to get it

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I didn't get to play last night, but made a ton of progress tonight. It is SO cool how this game teaches you the puzzles and then flips your supposed understanding.

Aaaaand now I know why everyone lost their minds over +1s... This game is insane!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Picked this up tonight; played for about an hour (would've liked to keep playing, but I do need to sleep...). 42 puzzles done and I am thoroughly hooked. This game makes me think of the discussions on how we could mark nuclear waste sites as dangerous in a way that people will understand in 10,000 years: the panels are deliberately teaching a language, and I can't wait to find out why!

(Hopefully it's not radioactive waste.)

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    I got to the end and am now cleaning up stuff that I missed.

Man, finding all the +1s is kind of a drag.

In case you didn't know,
    The monoliths show you the general direction where you can find a symbol, so that helps. Also quite a few of the starting points can lead to different symbols based on different perspectives.
    Even with the clues, getting those last few is a horrible pixel hint.

It's great when you can see where one is, and just have to figure out how to get them, but some of these are exactly the sort of thing this game was supposed to avoid.

Also it is awful when it is hidden in a location that it shouldn't be. I just spent ages trying to find the last one in the orange forest, and it turned out to be in the town.

broken image link
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Well it happened. Went to bed, couldnt think because i thought up a possible solution to a puzzle, so got up and started playing again.

Does anyone else have the strange issue of you looking straight up when you load up the game? I had convinced myself it was for another puzzle or something.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    yo fuck the
    end game spoilers
    FOR REALSIES YO
    color strobing puzzles in the mountain

thanks for making this physically painful, jblow. I feel like some jackass trying to cross a windy courtyard while keeping a candle lit! I'm going to literally die when I finish this.

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Machwing wrote: »
    yo fuck the
    end game spoilers
    FOR REALSIES YO
    color strobing puzzles in the mountain

thanks for making this physically painful, jblow. I feel like some jackass trying to cross a windy courtyard while keeping a candle lit! I'm going to literally die when I finish this.
    Yeah I just took screenshots at that point. If you time it right the panel just looks normal, and even if you get it wrong you can just open it in Photoshop and adjust the hue.

The next set of puzzles is much better, thankfully.

broken image link
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    hmmmmmm im in the swamp
    in the blue ink underwater area, puzzle 4 with the 4 "empty" blue squares.. i am completely stuck. someone send help or booze!

This one is really hard; I tried an educated guess and it worked, and then i reverse engineered.

Hint:
    There's a new rule in play, or a new property/paradigm for the blue squares you maybe haven't thought of.

With this one:
    There were only two ways of arranging the 12 - 4 squares to cover all the symbols, so I just tried both.
    I still don't understand that solution.
    So I just cleared the desert, but I had to do some minor brute forcing on one of the puzzles so I'm wondering if I missed a detail?
    The final puzzle in the room where you're adjusting the water level, with the large grid of squares with diagonals running through them. I could only find a reflection glare showing the solution for the center area, not the outer edges. So after giving up I just brute forced the possibilities for the outer edges since there weren't too many options.

Yeah, you missed something.
    The second to last puzzle was solved because a second light turned on in the room.

There are two lights shining on the last puzzle.

I think I've just got treetop and the camo-puzzles left to clear.
    Only cheated on the one puzzle in the town, because I didn't realise other areas were yet to introduce the concept I needed, and I was about to bypass the puzzle anyway.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Wimble wrote: »
    Yeah @jaziek you've got what you need. And yes, it's relevant. Hint:
    you're probably looking at that broken branch upside down. It "starts" where it's thickest

Nope, still don't get it. Been staring at this for over an hour now.
    Am I supposed to trace the branches like the previous puzzle or avoid them like the two on the other side of the tree?

Is the implication that the piece on the ground snapped off one of the other branches, and if so, how can you tell which bit it snapped off from?

Edit: GOT IT.

New question:
    Does the solution to the second hedge maze in the castle have something to do with where the grass is in the maze?

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Thought I solved a puzzle in the shower earlier but 1 am this morning me had beat me.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    I am now seeing puzzles in the real world when driving around.

My mind may be broken.

• Options
    tinauntinaun Registered User regular
    oh god i found the (post game spoilers)
    underground area theres so many more puzzles aaaa

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I have nooooo idea what to do with the honeycombs

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

eat it

look out for bees though

broken image link
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I have an idea of what the second achievement on Steam might be, but no idea of how to do it.
    Light endgame spoilers
    There's a door on the side of the mountain, off a side path, that has to be opened from the inside and you can see glimpses of a cave through it. In the credits area you can see, but not reach, a cave with puzzles and objects similar to the achievement icon. The lighting in the two places seem similar, so I think it might be the same cave.

I have no idea how to get in there.

I did not see anything inside the mountain that looked like it'd be a branching path. I'm assuming this cave is connected to the underground tunnels, but all the doors I've got down there have to be opened from the other side and I don't know where to look for more entrances.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Look under the windmill.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    I have an idea of what the second achievement on Steam might be, but no idea of how to do it.
    Light endgame spoilers
    There's a door on the side of the mountain, off a side path, that has to be opened from the inside and you can see glimpses of a cave through it. In the credits area you can see, but not reach, a cave with puzzles and objects similar to the achievement icon. The lighting in the two places seem similar, so I think it might be the same cave.

I did not see anything inside the mountain that looked like it'd be a branching path. I'm assuming this cave is connected to the underground tunnels, but all the doors I've got down there have to be opened from the other side and I don't know where to look for more entrances.

From what I found,
    You have to activate all the lasers. There is then a second lock on the bottom of the crate the statues are carrying that leads into the mountain. Once you do that and head down there is an extra puzzle that opens up the tunnels. After that there is a ton more puzzles that eventually unlock that achievement. I am not far into that.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    Light endgame spoilers

From what I found,
    You have to activate all the lasers. There is then a second lock on the bottom of the crate the statues are carrying that leads into the mountain. Once you do that and head down there is an extra puzzle that opens up the tunnels. After that there is a ton more puzzles that eventually unlock that achievement. I am not far into that.
    So that means I do have to do those damn sound puzzles. It's the only laser I haven't got.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I don't know if I actually like this game, but I do know that I keep playing it and I'm slowly getting through the puzzles.

Seriously, if a statue ever moves from a position I'm used to seeing it in, I'm quitting forever.

Qanamil on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    End of treetop question:
    I'm up in the tree village, in the back corner near the maze castle where there's a platform with a giant wooden bridge. There's a panel with 2 wires, but only the left one is lit.

It really seems like there should be a way to open/lower this so I can walk across to the black symbol thing. Anyone figure that out?

edit: nevermind!
    Been a while since I did this section, so I forgot it's ok to have separate colored pairs in one section

Noggin on
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    99 puzzles done. I cleared (I think) the stone island, the apple trees, and the ruined temple thing in the desert.

At the end of the temple I was like
    I did all that for nothing?! And then I stepped out of the elevator and saw the laser... which is not pointed at anything on the island. So intrigue, very mystery, wow. :D

Calica on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    I don't know if I actually like this game, but I do know that I keep playing it and I'm slowly getting through the puzzles.

Seriously, if a statue ever moves from a position I'm used to seeing it in, I'm quitting forever.

This has been by greatest fear playing this alone at night.

Unrelated after some number of beams spoiler
    Fuck whoever decided to give you no time to work on the puzzles with the pressure plate.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Oh no.
    The slow Braid cloud is back.
    Except this time in the form of a solar eclipse.

broken image link
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Finished this. Had a great time. There were a few puzzles that stumped me, but I had SEVERAL "Oh wait, what if I tried THIS" moments while on the bus or at work, which is rare for a game to engage me that much; even Portal, Talos Principle and Antichamber didn't do that to me.

450 or so puzzles plus 20 when I finished it.
    I'm working on the challenge puzzles now. Totally got stuck on one that looks impossible based on the information I have, which is cheesing me off.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Question for people who are done (i am not) but pls dont spoiler me:
    does finding all the environmental +1s unlock more puzzles, or does getting all of them just get tou a cheevo?? Like, basically, i dont give a fuck about this pixel hunting shit, but ill suffer through it if it unlocks more puzzles. Halp?

• Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Question for people who are done (i am not) but pls dont spoiler me:
    does finding all the environmental +1s unlock more puzzles, or does getting all of them just get tou a cheevo?? Like, basically, i dont give a fuck about this pixel hunting shit, but ill suffer through it if it unlocks more puzzles. Halp?

I am in the same boat.
    Some of the +1s are great when you find them but yeah finding all of them is a horrible pixel hunt. Finding all on a single pillar turns it white, dunno what else it does.

Also there are no achievements tied to them.

broken image link
  • Options
    Stuck on the 7th jungle puzzle
    The one after the wolf howl

Not sure if I'm missing something or just bad at solving them.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Not a spoiler, just a shadow create by the environment that I found completely unsettling at 2am:
    gLnVUFv.jpg

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Not a spoiler, just a shadow create by the environment that I found completely unsettling at 2am:
    gLnVUFv.jpg

Funny, I also took a screenshot of that when I saw it.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    690D8F0F0931CE1456A47BD96A86E8E2CA66B1ED

Was looking around for +1s, looked up to that. NOPE.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    So I solved the village color light shipping container
    no tangible reward?

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    no tangible reward?
    There are at least two +1 puzzles outside in the flowers that are obtainable during this. It doesn't affect the laser though.

• Options
    no tangible reward?
    There are at least two +1 puzzles outside in the flowers that are obtainable during this. It doesn't affect the laser though.
    Yeah. I'm talking about the two panels on the top floor with the light switch. It took some legworkind to get all the info needed so I assumed there'd be something for solving them. Oh well, I'll accept accomplishment I guess.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    no tangible reward?
    Yeah. I'm talking about the two panels on the top floor with the light switch. It took some legworkind to get all the info needed so I assumed there'd be something for solving them. Oh well, I'll accept accomplishment I guess.

This is the exact room I just got stuck on. Do you have a hint?
    I did the middle puzzle, changing the room to Green, but can't go back to blue.

If I try to solve the left puzzle based on what is shown - wrong. Based on what was shown in blue? also wrong. I see no way to fix this...

perhaps for your benefit,
    I noticed from the roof of the other building that if the room is red inside there's an obvious +1 to trace

Noggin on
  • Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    no tangible reward?

This is the exact room I just got stuck on. Hint?
    I did the middle puzzle, changing the room to Green, but can't go back to blue.

If I try to solve the left puzzle based on what is shown - wrong. Based on what was shown in blue? also wrong. I see no way to fix this...

You can go back to blue, and even to red!

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    From the middle panel? edit - ok i figure out how the middle panel works now, maybe i can get there from here

Noggin on