Options

The [nfl] Was Who We Thought They Were

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Eagles released Riley Cooper. Good start to the offseason

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I'll laugh so hard if Osweiler leaves.

but, that's probably not going to happen.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    And if Manning retires that should free up quite a bit of cap space.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Super Bowl is over! You know what that means! Time for a

Crime spree!

LeSean McCoy involved in incident that hospitalizes 2 off duty officers

woooooooooooow the bills just got fucked. at least we have williams and gilisee

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    We'll give you Jeremy Hill and a bag of jockstraps for your 2 and 3

• Options
    I doubt williams will be as good without mccoy though, the whole double threat that you have to plan for mccoy and now you have a power runner going up the gut was what made him so effective.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    It's the NFL. Don't worry, he'll get two games.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    yeah I can hope he gets off because we need him on the wait GOD DAMN IT

he's uh.. innocent until proven guilty?

Jars on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    huh apparently that commercial i saw with 9/11 in it was only in new york philadelphia and dc markets.

awkward

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Denver getting a quarterback that can actually throw deep would be a huge game changer. Even two years ago when Peyton was breaking records he couldn't take full advantage of that receiving corps.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That Broncos roster is ridiculous from top to bottom if you take out the QB position.

Great receivers, good tight ends, good offensive line..

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    It's the NFL. Don't worry, he'll get two games.

He's being accused of kicking a cop on the ground. That's a felony (aggravated assault); if found guilty he'd definitely do at least a couple years in jail, maximum is 20 years

• Options
    rape and spousal abuse are felonies too, but I don't think I could look at the team the same if it shook out like that. Might have to switch to full time giants

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jars wrote: »
    rape and spousal abuse are felonies too, but I don't think I could look at the team the same if it shook out like that. Might have to switch to full time giants

Join us. We actually win the Super Bowl we make it into.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    You know, that weird puppy monkey baby kickstart commercial is the only commercial that really felt like a super bowl one.

• Options
    That was by far the worst commercial.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    No way, all the ads of kids singing about their parents boning were way worse than PuppyMonkeyBaby.

The winner of ads is of course the Walken Hyundai ad.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I would agree but local Texas commercials are some hilariously awkward/cringey shit.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The Doritos commercials were both Superbowl commercials and excellent.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Heinz had the best commercial sorry.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    The Prius commercial was the worst for me. By far.

I'll take a million stupid animals dancing over whatever the heck Toyota was trying to do with that one.

• Options
    Heinz won the day by a mile.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I doubt williams will be as good without mccoy though, the whole double threat that you have to plan for mccoy and now you have a power runner going up the gut was what made him so effective.

He was pretty damn good when McCoy was hurt last year.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Man people are SALTY about Cam dipping on the post-game presser.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I am having a hard time finding another instance where public opinion switched so fast on a player where a crime wasn't involved. Dude is getting killed on sports radio. Yes, yes, the unwashed masses, but for real: you're the leader of the team. You want to be a leader like Brady and Big Ben? Act like it.

Still, looking forward to more of him next season.

Fawst on
  • Options
    I heard that he may have been able to hear Harris in the other section of the room talking about how they dominated him and knew he couldn't throw on them.

I don't blame him for walking out if that's true.

Losing a Super Bowl is hard.

• Options
    Also people are really judging him for not driving on that fumble at the end of the game when they were still down by six.

He does look like he hops away from the ball but I don't think it was intentional. Like, I think he thought the ball was going to go a different direction.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I am having a hard time finding another instance where public opinion switched so fast on a player where a crime wasn't involved. Dude is getting killed on sports radio. Yes, yes, the unwashed masses, but for real: you're the leader of the team. You want to be a leader like Brady and Big Ben? Act like it.

Yes, be a leader like Tom Brady.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/tom-brady-leaves-press-conference-expletive

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I mean, I don't really care personally, but he should have just sucked it up and stuck out the presser.

Sometimes you gotta get your shit in check, and do a thing you don't really wanna do. That's just having a job.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Also, why does sitting in a room answering the same question for thirty minutes equate to being a leader?

• Options
    Nobody wants to be a leader like Big Ben...

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Nirya wrote: »

Newton is the one who said he wants to be a leader like him. And yay, you found an example of Brady doing the same thing. 12 years into his career. With three rings already. You kind of earn the right to have an angry moment at that point when you've had time after time after time after time of keeping it together.

And I'm not saying I don't understand. But when you have that kind of attitude about who you want to model yourself after, and you've had concerns about your maturity in the past, yeah, maybe try to suck it up and get over it for a few minutes. I get that he's human. But he's also a professional. He's on the biggest stage and you speak volumes about your character in how you handle a loss like that.

Fawst on
  • Options
    I'd rather have a player give me a real reaction and be honest than be some by-the-book robot.

• Options
    Loser press conferences are just the worst. Make the head coach sit up there and get hammered if you have to, but talk to the players alone in the locker room.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

Newton is the one who said he wants to be a leader like him. And yay, you found an example of Brady doing the same thing. 12 years into his career. With three rings already. You kind of earn the right to have an angry moment at that point when you've had time after time after time after time of keeping it together.

And I'm not saying I don't understand. But when you have that kind of attitude about who you want to model yourself after, and you've had concerns about your maturity in the past, yeah, maybe try to suck it up and get over it for a few minutes. I get that he's human. But he's also a professional. He's on the biggest stage and you speak volumes about your character in how you handle a loss like that.

Your argument is that old people have earned the right to throw tantrums, but young people should act maturely.

Okay then.

• Options
    This is just the version of the Cam Newton hot take we were going to get no matter what the outcome was.

Could you imagine if they had won and he pulled the shit Manning did with Budweiser?

The takes would have scorching.

• Options
    Did he talk a lot of smack, or whatever, in the weeks leading up to the game? Because that's the notion that I'm getting from all of this hate. Like, he can dish it out, but not take it when it's his turn.

I watched absolutely zero coverage of this game up until kick off so I have no idea if that's true or not.

In the end it's probably just some good ole racism from old farts.

• Options
    My argument is that after years of proving you have maturity you get a little more leniency when you have a moment of immaturity. Or, if you're able to fake it for years and then snap one time, people will get it.

Look, I'm not totally down on him. That must have sucked. But he looked so petulant, so sullen, that it's honestly a little hard to feel that bad. I'm all for a "real reaction," but he was just as robotic in his reaction to losing as the entire Patriots staff is when they tow the team line.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I kind of wanted Cam to win, then look into the camera for the commercial and say "I'm going to Dabsneyland" and then dab and run off.

Goose! on
  • Options
    This is just the version of the Cam Newton hot take we were going to get no matter what the outcome was.

Could you imagine if they had won and he pulled the shit Manning did with Budweiser?

The takes would have scorching.

Peyton is beyond reproach, duh. Football royalty.

*commence single-handed jerking motion*

This discussion has been closed.