Options

Lunch [chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I quite liked that Vin Diesel movie where he's an immortal witch hunter.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    If it's your first time through XCOM 2, I recommend playing until everything is pretty much fucked, then just starting over from scratch.

You'll be astounded how much better you do the second time around with all the knowledge you got from the first go.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Seal wrote: »
    The platypus was constructed by a dark god as a mockery of all life.

if the platypus is the product of a dark god's toiling

i am not very afraid of that dark god

and for my next act, a plague of rubber ducks on your land
    They don't look all that bad until they inject you with a venom that specifically targets pain receptors and you spend a few days in abject agony.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I quite liked that Vin Diesel movie where he's an immortal witch hunter.

aka Let's Play Vin Diesel's D&D Campaign

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Platypus is true heritor of the world.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    @OnTheLastCastle

Yes streaming was good times!

Then I fired up EW and got depressed because my dumb baby soldiers have terrible stats and are still armed with tickle guns

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I like IJ partially because it examines, with every tool the author had, addiction and happiness in a particular cultural narrative of America (and more tangentially how hierarchies in family and friends can define, constrict, or direct them), and partially because the author's command of language and philosophy is interesting in and of itself. From a more meta perspective I like it because I had to engage the work to suss out the plot and how various things connected (or didn't) both thematically and narratively.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I don't see anything wrong with that statement from a Rousey.

I can imagine my sister wanting to say something along those lines as people have told her , "why are you not married yet? You are almost 30..."

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i have never read DFW

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Oh god...I am in the Overwatch beta.

@cptrugged @bloodyroarxx

I will not at Ludious. He deserve no more pain.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I made french toast with my challah

the tub-struggle is real...

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Kruite wrote: »

I can imagine my sister wanting to say something along those lines as people have told her , "why are you not married yet? You are almost 30..."

yeah, I mean I think it's legit to not like that it's shitting on one type of 'femininity' I guess, or type of person, to build herself and her decisions up

but I also agree with her decisions and it would be great if women were not afraid to appear masculine or any of the other things that society has made a minefield of wrt female appearance and what's acceptable for standards of beauty etc

basically I think at the end of the day her attitude on it does more good than harm

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I remember hearing something about Rousey and transphobic comments regarding another fighter, but I lack any context for that

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Judging is judging, whether it's someone judging her for how she looks or her judging someone else for how they look.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Okay, Overwatch is good.

There's a character for every playstyle, from generic codblop army grunts to snipers to people that build turrets and Totally Not TF2 Medic.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    I have this one term for the kind of woman that my mother raised me to not be and I call it a ‘do-nothing bitch.’ The kind of chick that just, like, tries to be pretty and be taken care of by somebody else. That’s why I think it’s hilarious, like, that people like say that my body looks masculine or something like that. I’m just like, listen, just because my body was developed for a purpose other than fucking millionaires doesn’t mean it’s masculine. I think it’s femininely badass as fuck. Because there’s not a single muscle on my body that isn’t for a purpose. Because I’m not a do-nothing bitch.

I can see why people might think that's a shitty thing to say

I don't know if I think it's all bad though, it is definitely not crazy rant territory

like there is a very large gulf between this and 'sandy hook was a hoax' level shit

a chasm

Did... did Rousey say this?!?

• Options

Judging is judging, whether it's someone judging her for how she looks or her judging someone else for how they look.

yeah this is true too

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    edit: I think my memory IS lying to me

Neco on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Oh hey i made it in the Overwatch beta as well

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    I have this one term for the kind of woman that my mother raised me to not be and I call it a ‘do-nothing bitch.’ The kind of chick that just, like, tries to be pretty and be taken care of by somebody else. That’s why I think it’s hilarious, like, that people like say that my body looks masculine or something like that. I’m just like, listen, just because my body was developed for a purpose other than fucking millionaires doesn’t mean it’s masculine. I think it’s femininely badass as fuck. Because there’s not a single muscle on my body that isn’t for a purpose. Because I’m not a do-nothing bitch.

I don't know if I think it's all bad though, it is definitely not crazy rant territory

like there is a very large gulf between this and 'sandy hook was a hoax' level shit

a chasm

Three years ago

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

a chasm

I have no clue, someone mentioned it as an example but I don't know if it was just random crazy thing or directly attributed crazy thing

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2016
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I made french toast with my challah

the tub-struggle is real...

best use of challah

Vanguard on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    If gun rampages were real why would they bury the bodies

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

a chasm

She tweeted links to a video saying that.

Ronda Rousey @RondaRousey
    Extremely interesting must watch video

thanks, I just figure asking questions and doing research is more patriotic than blindly accepting what you're told

• Options

a chasm

Three years ago

man do I ever not even want to click it

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Steak leftovers for dinner yay

poo
  • Options
    Wait

am I supposed to play Firewatch?

or play Overwatch?

or use the Overwatch command in XCOM 2?

Who's doing all this watching? The Witness?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    DFW has some great food at Terminal D

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Winky wrote: »
    Wait

or play Overwatch?

Play XCom 2 and we can bitch about how bullshit those Viper people are.

Spoiler: So bullshit.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The last part of this article is fantastic

I mean get past Rubio being an insensitive prick.
    A few minutes later, a 92-year-old woman named Marge Bienvenue talked to Rubio about Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), whose name she could not recall at first.

“He’s a bachelor right?” she asked.

“He is,” Rubio said. Then she asked him, “Is he gay?”

"No," he replied with a chuckle.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    I remember hearing something about Rousey and transphobic comments regarding another fighter, but I lack any context for that

If I recall, it was something along the lines of a trans fighter being a man wanting to just beat up women or something. My memory could be lying to me though.

That's someone else. She talked about the situation though.
    “She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it’s still the same bone structure a man has,” Rousey said about Fox. “What if she became UFC champion and we had a transgender women’s champion? It’s a very socially difficult situation.”

And later
    “From what I’ve read, it seems if like you’ve already gone through puberty as a man, even if you really want to rid yourself of those physical advantages, I just don’t think science is there yet.”

Which is ignorant, and insensitive, but that's about it.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

a chasm

She tweeted links to a video saying that.

Extremely interesting must watch video

thanks, I just figure asking questions and doing research is more patriotic than blindly accepting what you're told

Huh!

Well...

I've always kinda figured her for a Tanya Harding type. It's kinda disappointing that she, in a position to be a role model, cannot elevate above whatever semi-trashy background she seems to rep

Then again, I kinda appreciate the other quote regarding body image and whatnot

In the end, though, she's just somebody who gets paid to play punchies. Many will follow, many will be better, many will be classier. Such is the march of time

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    *eats leftover steak*
    *watches Hannibal Burress standup*

poo
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Wait

or play Overwatch?

Play XCom 2 and we can bitch on how bullshit those Viper people are.

Spoiler: So bullshit.

Vipers are like, super tame, and basically useless. They're like sectoids, where everything they do is meant to freak you the fuck out but it's all super ineffective as long as you just make sure to shoot them.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    DFW has some great food at Terminal D

Guess you're eating (at the) D

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    hell with overwatch, I am chomping at the bit for the next version of dorf fortress. This changes so much.
    Toady wrote:
    've got a fort that has an export industry centered entirely around little commemorative dacite figurines of the starting seven dwarves in different poses. Eventually we'll have to make the merchants more discerning, but we'll worry about that later. You can specify each of the image elements and all of their relationships/actions, or you can select a historical figure, site, civilization, etc. and leave the worker to decide on the final image. If you specify an exact image, it is saved so it can be used later (along with your site/civ symbols, which you can also use). There are lots of loose ends to handle on this, but it's working well so far.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »

If I recall, it was something along the lines of a trans fighter being a man wanting to just beat up women or something. My memory could be lying to me though.

That's someone else. She talked about the situation though.
    “She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it’s still the same bone structure a man has,” Rousey said about Fox. “What if she became UFC champion and we had a transgender women’s champion? It’s a very socially difficult situation.”

And later
    “From what I’ve read, it seems if like you’ve already gone through puberty as a man, even if you really want to rid yourself of those physical advantages, I just don’t think science is there yet.”

Which is ignorant, and insensitive, but that's about it.

Yeah I was definitely confusing her with someone else, so I edited my post.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Oh god...I am in the Overwatch beta.

cptrugged bloodyroarxx

I will not at Ludious. He deserve no more pain.

@Ludious hate Mazzy with me

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.