19495969798100»

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Get a TITAN!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    So I had to RMA my Gigabyte 980 Ti Waterforce card as it shit the bed with a mild OC.

Newegg won't be getting them back in stock for quite a while so they refunded me my money.

No other card really gets my jimmy's rustled.

So now, talk me out of just buying an EVGA 980 Ti Kingpin. Sold one of my extra mountain bikes, so it's not gonna hurt me any........

This is the wrong place to come to get talked out of it, but damnit! Someone do it!

I can't recall if you were upgrading for VR or not...but if you were, might want to hold out for this: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-release-vr-edition-gtx980ti,31173.html

EDIT - oh, and the actual store page: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-3996-KR

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Nah, VR isn't something I'm going to get until maybe the CV2 Rift. My kids would go nuts if they seen something hanging off my face, they would never leave me alone lol.

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I am a bad gear whore because I always wait until the 2nd iteration of everything.

I early adopted once. Them 360 RROD's were painful.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    All parts have arrived.

My wife has casually informed me we have company coming over to play Cards Against Humanity.

Tiger hugs and CAH are awesome, dont get me wrong... but come on.

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Go for it if it's what you want. Let me know if you don't want the Rise of the Tomb Raider code and we'll come to some sort of arrangement. Maybe moose things.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    People give Americans grief for sticking to the imperial system, but what they forget is that "feet" is used worldwide for aircraft height and "nautical mile" for distance over water.

I like using Celsius for PC building because "My GPU hits 75c under load" sounds way less horrifying than "My GPU is 167 degrees right now".

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    People give Americans grief for sticking to the imperial system, but what they forget is that "feet" is used worldwide for aircraft height and "nautical mile" for distance over water.

That's because, quite literally, we got there first and set the standards.

USA! USA! USA!

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    You can find a H50 on a good sale and make your own Waterforce mod via a Kraken bracket.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Get a TITAN!

I have an OG Titan (do heavy virtulization work and some rendering stuff, love me some double precision floating point) that I've got a subtle OC on and it can still churn out the Ultra's at 1080p like it's nothing and still hit 45-50fps on mostly high settings for Rise of the Tomb Raider at 2160x1350 (16x10 4 lyfe!)

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Okay, so after another visit to Micro Center I now have every piece of my new build's internals sitting in my office! :D

As part of the upgrade, I'm also planning on upgrading to Windows 10 and installing it on my (current) SSD - currently running 8.1 Pro.

I think I know the answer here, but I'd like to check the writ of common wisdoem: should I install the new mobo, CPU, graphics card, etc., first, ensure it works in 8.1, and then migrate the OS?

Or should I just get it all done at once?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Do it before. If anything is borked want to know it's not the OS.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Get a TITAN!

The ASUS STRIX 980Ti comes close or equals the Titan on most benchmarks at half the price.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Its done.

I need to find out why its not recognizing the TB HDD, but other than that, shes up n runnin.

I have yet to push it, but the CPU case is actually cool to the touch the way it's running now.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Finished my build, and the CPU temps are perfect, but there's one problem...

My X99-A isn't recognizing one of my four sticks of ram. :x And of course, it's one of the two that's basically sealed in by my NH-D14. Really don't want to remove the heatsink, really don't want to RMA. I'm starting to remember why so many people have said "fuck it" and gone pre-built.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Its done.

I need to find out why its not recognizing the TB HDD, but other than that, shes up n runnin.

I have yet to push it, but the CPU case is actually cool to the touch the way it's running now.

Had to do this for mine (courtesy of CCM.net):
    go to start > control panel (switch to Classic View) > administrative tools

> computer management > storage : disk management

your second disk will show, but not active(initialized)

need to make active by right clicking on window that represents then drive
    then make active partition(drive)
    select to create partition (if applicable)
    select format (if applicable)

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.