As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

19495969798100»

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Today marks the release of The Legend of Zelda in Japan, making the series officially 30 years old!

Happy birthday! @Maz- should make a new thread to celebrate this special day! Make that OP sparkle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPI735cTP6Y

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Well, I have preordered The Legend of Zelda: Grimdark Okami or whatever

I hope you enjoy your copy of Bayonetta.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Well, I have preordered The Legend of Zelda: Grimdark Okami or whatever

I hope you enjoy your copy of Bayonetta.

No not that, the new remastered one, I think its like
    Wolflink: Fur Quest
    or maybe it was
    Legend of Twihard Fanfic

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    The Legend of Best 3D Zelda HD Edition.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    The Legend of Duty: Hyrule Warfare

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Major ending spoilers for Twilight Princess to ask a minor question
    Does anyone else think Midna's goofy impish behavior throughout the game is a little weird contrasted with the obviously mature/regal woman we see at the end?

Like, does her curse possibly affect her mind a bit as well, to make her act the way she looks like she would act?

Specifically I am picturing ending Midna putting a wooden shield on her face because somehow she doesn't understand that a mask would need eye holes. Of course it's cute/funny for imp Midna to do that, but it seems inconsistent with who she really is.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Major ending spoilers for Twilight Princess to ask a minor question
    Does anyone else think Midna's goofy impish behavior throughout the game is a little weird contrasted with the obviously mature/regal woman we see at the end?

Like, does her curse possibly affect her mind a bit as well, to make her act the way she looks like she would act?

Specifically I am picturing ending Midna putting a wooden shield on her face because somehow she doesn't understand that a mask would need eye holes. Of course it's cute/funny for imp Midna to do that, but it seems inconsistent with who she really is.
    I wouldn't overthink it too much. I imagine having such a drastic change to your form (& capabilities) would substantially influence how you behave. Even just wearing different types of outfits can have subtle effects on how you see yourself & interact with others.

It also isn't unfathomable to consider a person having both aspects to themselves. Given who Midna is, it's expected that she'd have a regal side to her, but there's also a sense that Twilight beings in general are a bit fay. It wouldn't be surprising to see that she has a side to her that's both playful and vengeful that, when she no longer has to adorn her regal presence as royalty, she is free to let loose.

Like, I bet she'd often act like Imp Midna in private with someone she's very comfortable with. Not to say she wasn't comfortable with Link, but that was the very first time he'd ever seen her like that. Had Link, say, gone with her to live in Twilight, I'm sure he'd have seen both Midnas depending on circumstance.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    if it helps at all, Hyrule Warriors's interpretation of true Midna has her definitely still acting like imp Midna. Just even more self- confident, if that was possible.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699