Options

shed [chat]

CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
"Shed" is a term for a particularly interesting or well maintained second hand car that is so old its price has sunk below a grand.

Bask in the shedness!

blazer_008.jpg

Bashed together from an unusual mixture of wide-grain plastic, pig iron, pewter and buffalo scrotums, the Blazer easily met your performance expectations, as long as they were nice and low. The spec sheet says 112mph and a 0-60 of 10.1 seconds, but it would be a brave man indeed who would attempt to grind that sort of progress out of the 4.3-litre vee-six. Much better to amble around at 38mph or so, your brace of prizewinning shire horses in tow, comfortable in the knowledge that the chap behind you was breathing in a heady cocktail of 330 grams of CO2 every single kilometre. That's about one Imperial pound of noxiousness every mile. Wow! And, indeed, cough!

GASP

Ford_06-L.jpg
We can't move on without addressing the front end styling. It's not much to look at. Some would say it's on the grisly side of vile. No-one is quite sure who was responsible for it, but Ford maintains they sold Scorpios aplenty in spite of it. Mind you, they would say that.
Fact is, as we've said so often before, you're not the mug who has to look at it. What you will be looking at from the lavish padding of your leather armchair is a bonnet covering a historic engine: the Cologne V6. And one with the even more legendary Cosworth name written on it to boot.

Wooooooooooooowwwwww

shed03.JPG

wait.... what?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    wot

poo
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    shed bush is my bet for 2020 republican nominee

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    We had a deal Geth!

WE HAD A DEAL

• Options
    wot

i was reading shed of the week on pistonheads when geth chose me >.>

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    We had a deal Geth!

WE HAD A DEAL

i'm his favorite :)

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I can't simultaneously have all the windows open to let the wind in while wearing only my underwear.

Worst free trip to Hawaii. Ever!

• Options
    kinda typical of my body i was wrecked with tiredness when it was 7pm and now i'm wide awake

fak

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I am sick and watching Netflix specials

This last jeselnik one is so good

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Watching Sicario now. Very well filmed beast of a movie.

• Options
    "This is usually where audiences turn on me, after I kill a puppy with neglect."

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I will forever love shed for the sentence "Visually, Volvo's first front-wheel drive car erred on the challenging side of unusual when it first appeared in 1986."

• Options
    7r3kNHJ.jpg
    It all makes sense now.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Tav wrote: »

I watched Burress's new one the other day and while I liked it I don't think I liked it as much as his albums

I feel like I have this issue a lot with Netflix specials. I don't know if it's because they always seem to be edited down 15-20min from the live act or if it's just some of my favorite dudes tend to record them at off peak times or what

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    I will forever love shed for the sentence "Visually, Volvo's first front-wheel drive car erred on the challenging side of unusual when it first appeared in 1986."

the man posesses a talent for understatement

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Watching Sicario now. Very well filmed beast of a movie.

You should see Incendies by the same director...

Also a rough movie.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

I watched Burress's new one the other day and while I liked it I don't think I liked it as much as his albums

I feel like I have this issue a lot with Netflix specials. I don't know if it's because they always seem to be edited down 15-20min from the live act or if it's just some of my favorite dudes tend to record them at off peak times or what

Yeah, having seen Jeselnik and Buress before filming the specials I do feel like some of the magic is lost in the editing.

I think as well with this Jeselnik one, they are trying really hard to focus on vaguely disgruntled yet still laughing audience members.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    It all makes sense now.
    i don't know what to do with my hands .exe

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Joey's got chubby cheeks now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiroIMFtgz0

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I can't simultaneously have all the windows open to let the wind in while wearing only my underwear.

Worst free trip to Hawaii. Ever!

Have you considered using tabs?

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Broken in last week:
    *iphone standard plugs, only R works
    *iphone charger, cords sticking out
    *big nice pc headset with mic

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I almost just want to buy a new phone since I also kind of want a phone and those two things are included.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    What is R?

Ooh

Hear plugs

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Welp, power switch on the light above the kitchen sink broke.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I DO NO-oh wait yeah I kinda do

WAIT A MINUTE

• Options
    I really want more Jessica Jones, but i'm not sure how they would top the first season.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I really want more Jessica Jones, but i'm not sure how they would top the first season.

Focus on recovery and dealing with the future?

• Options
    Such a fantabulous show.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    A villain who is an allegorical representation of the wage gap.

• Options

Focus on recovery and dealing with the future?

Oh that would be a good direction for it to go!

• Options
    Jessica's a second evil ex-deathtomb comes back to town and starts wrecking havoc bot no one believes and Luke cage has to fight him

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my boss and fellow managers are so incredibly rad

make it in to work, doing terribly- loud, raspy, painful cough and runny nose and eyes-squinting sinus congestion etc. i start to get dizzy and my boss sees me and is like come on, let's get you home

i couldn't be without my car (school tomorrow) so my boss drives me home in my car and one of my fellow managers drives behind us so they can both get back to the store. also my boss is just gonna take a long lunch and close in my stead, even tho she opens tomorrow.

man

love dis boss

• Options

I would honest to god love just run of the mill PI stories with occasional super hero antics. Let the real villain be extensive corruption and decay while Jones tries to solve murders and deal with some jackass that can see in the dark.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i thought this chat would be about shed seven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaK6Ytri26s

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    A villain who is an allegorical representation of the wage gap.

DD/JJ team up against Fisk.

I like it.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Well, he is the Fatone.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The last of the seven to be killed by the last.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 86

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Elki. Thread will be recycled after 86 pages.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    12821611_244212692578450_8485871228314396047_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=610f035ad1a09b2b231efdcaa2756505&oe=5795F6A7

This discussion has been closed.