As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Daylight Savings

12345679»

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I think it's a big fat dumb.
    730ibhoyzc5w.png

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I think it's a big fat dumb.
    Chanus wrote: »
    our phones at work don't autoadjust for DST

so the sales team just sat on their thumbs for an hour this morning until the autoattendant switched to day mode

because apparently i'm the only one who knows how to change the time and i don't get in til 9:00am

No one could get in this morning because the security system doesn't auto adjust itself. They were all going to come in early to get work done before a server upgrade. The boss had to come in at 6. He was not pleased.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Things aren't as bad here as they used to be. I'm just venting. We've consolidated a lot of applications, and many of them don't care about time anyway. It's just when you're a hospital system of about 15k people across the state, there's lots of bits and bobs everywhere to keep track of. I'm pretty sure for the last few years we haven't had any DST related issues (ditching Soarian and MAK probably had a lot to do with that).

The worst offender for DST related bug I've seen is Symantec Backup Exec (Symantec :rotate: ).
    If you scheduled a recurring job to happen on a particular hour every day, it would store it internally as "Run this job 24 hours after the last run", not "Run this job at X time every day". But it also had in there the time it was supposed to run, so on a DST transition, when the 24 hour mark came around, it would check the time, see that it was an hour off and freak out and fail before even starting.
    To resolve it, you had to completely delete the job and create it again, instead of just rescheduling it. Apparently it was a known issue for like, 15 years worth of Backup Exec versions.
    Symantec :rotate:

steam_sig.png