As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

House Speaker John Boehner Is Resigning. Paul Ryan Elected.

1333435363739»

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »
    jmcdonald wrote: »

in all fairness...the grass is very nice.

i wonder if he's drinking as much now. i bet he isn't.

As someone else pointed out, that is the look of a man deliriously happy that he no longer has to deal with the shitshow in the GOP.

And who no longer has to think about finances. I'd be deliriously happy if I had the money/income to afford that house too.

That house is probably around $400-500k in Ohio - definitely nice, but not crazy. He's mowing his own lawn with that old-ass Toro, too. Good for him.

Holy shit I couldn't even buy a shitty rundown 1 bed studio apartment within two hours of work for that much. I'm moving to Ohio.

$200-300k will get you a nice house in the twin cities suburbs.

I'm going to guess you live either in San Francisco or New York based on that reaction.

London. But yeah same kind of deal, although when I was in NYC recently I was jealous of their condo prices too...

MAKE GREAT BRITAIN GREATERER AGAIN

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »

in all fairness...the grass is very nice.

i wonder if he's drinking as much now. i bet he isn't.

As someone else pointed out, that is the look of a man deliriously happy that he no longer has to deal with the shitshow in the GOP.

And who no longer has to think about finances. I'd be deliriously happy if I had the money/income to afford that house too.

That house is probably around $400-500k in Ohio - definitely nice, but not crazy. He's mowing his own lawn with that old-ass Toro, too. Good for him.

Holy shit I couldn't even buy a shitty rundown 1 bed studio apartment within two hours of work for that much. I'm moving to Ohio.

$200-300k will get you a nice house in the twin cities suburbs.

I'm going to guess you live either in San Francisco or New York based on that reaction.

London. But yeah same kind of deal, although when I was in NYC recently I was jealous of their condo prices too...

MAKE GREAT BRITAIN HAMMER AGAIN

Waiting...

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I'm glad he's happy to be out of it all and taking it easy, but he's still John Boehner and as such my gut reaction to that picture was

"No fucking way you cut that grass yourself."

I don't know, something about him seems the type to proudly cut his own grass.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I'm glad he's happy to be out of it all and taking it easy, but he's still John Boehner and as such my gut reaction to that picture was

But someone who would leave the clippings for someone else (I'm guessing... son? but once his son grew up he actually just left it out there to rot because he simply didn't know better)

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

But someone who would leave the clippings for someone else (I'm guessing... son? but once his son grew up he actually just left it out there to rot because he simply didn't know better)

WTF you talking about? as long as your mower mulches them and you don't let your lawn get over long you can leave them. It returns nutrients to the soil.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I have literally no idea what the process of cutting grass is

I'm the cityslicker.... I'm the tanned weeper

I just wanted to come here to say that I'm glad that Boehner can finally crack jokes about his own name and I got caught up in this gotcha journalism

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It's sort of like shaving facial hair...start on the outside and work your way in.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Boehner lives in a gated community near where I went to high school

http://www.zillow.com/oh-45044/in-four-bridges_att/

Probably about half a million.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    It's sort of like shaving facial hair...start on the outside and work your way in.

This quote with your avatar... I mean...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

What is this bizzare pagan rite you are describing? You divide the area in half, then that area, and then that area, until you are mowing a series of manageable, lawn mower sized patches of grass. Easy peasy.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    No no no, you go around the perimeter and then spiral your way to the center.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I just pay someone else to do it.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    It's all about the long stripes.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    You start and one end and work your way back and forth minimizing the number of turns you have to make and amount of energy expended.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

Good news everyone! The Republicans have declared what's happening in Syria to be genocide and should be on board for letting those refugees in any minute now...

Any time now.

Whenever you're ready guys.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Coming up: The 549th attempt to repeal the ACA.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    And vote against military action against ISIS don't forget that.
    ( I'm not even saying that would be s good idea, but lambasting the President for not doing more when you told him not to is special(

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Quid wrote: »
    You start and one end and work your way back and forth minimizing the number of turns you have to make and amount of energy expended.

Also mow downhill where possible. Turning uphill is way harder.

VishNub on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Aren't there strategic reasons for the government not to call something a genocide? Like, "it commits us to take specific action" reasons?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Boy that tweet just encapsulates this current GOP House. They're the first to tell you how awful something is, and how it's Obamas fault, but have absolutely no intention or plan to actually do anything about the problem they think is so awful.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Aren't there strategic reasons for the government not to call something a genocide? Like, "it commits us to take specific action" reasons?

Actually this kind of surprises me, because I am pretty sure you are right. Under whatever international treaties cover refuges, there are much stronger commitments required if there is an ongoing genocide. Could be misremembering that, but it wouldn't be the first time the GOP has taken symbolic action and then needed to reverse themselves.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

Actually this kind of surprises me, because I am pretty sure you are right. Under whatever international treaties cover refuges, there are much stronger commitments required if there is an ongoing genocide. Could be misremembering that, but it wouldn't be the first time the GOP has taken symbolic action and then needed to reverse themselves.

It would be hilarious if this petty act of dick waving forced congress's hand regarding refugees.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    or they're trying to get Obama to commit to an unpopular military intervention in an election year

Shorty on
  • Options
    I'm sure the resolution is strictly limited to ISIS's behavior against christians in the area. Because I've seen 'christian genocide' or 'just bring the christians' shit on FB back when the refugee debate was in full swing.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    It

Yes. The notion of "responsibility to protect" is fairly entrenched within international law. This is the same reason why Clinton threw the Rwandan Tutsis under the bus when they were still being slaughtered in the streets, because to call it genocide would have begged the question of "well, why don't you do something about it?" and the administration was still stinging from the whole Blackhawk Down thing in Mogadishu, which had occurred just months previously.

Edit: Also because that was the heyday of the first North Korean nuclear crisis, so the foreign policy establishment really wanted to focus there.

Mr Khan on