Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I am actually surprised how much I like Marvel Battlegrounds

It's a really, really fun Power Stone

The stages are all super fun, and they've made updates to all the old characters to keep them up to speed with the new ones and the new game mechanics

I'd love to play it, but I will not participate in the toys-to-life thing, no matter how much I like that art style

Fortunately for me, I don't have that qualm, cause I want the figures first and foremost

The actual game is secondary

Though this does have me thinking about grabbing an Iron Fist figure cause I bet he's rad as hell in this game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Apparently while filming Civil War Paul Rudd "borrowed" Cap's shield while Chris Evans was taking a bathroom break and played around with it a bunch before being discovered by Evans himself.
    Well wouldn't you

Remember when Tom Hiddleston stole the hammer and the shield from the Chris's?

Reminds me of the story about Chris Pratt when filming GotG. He's running around, pointing his gun at people and going, "Pew! Pew! Pew!" They asked him to stop 'cause sound effects would get that and they didn't need his lips making the words, and his response was basically, "I never shot a ray gun at somebody without going pewpewpew!"

So, Andy Dwyer was mostly just Pratt being himself then?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Apparently while filming Civil War Paul Rudd "borrowed" Cap's shield while Chris Evans was taking a bathroom break and played around with it a bunch before being discovered by Evans himself.
    Well wouldn't you

Remember when Tom Hiddleston stole the hammer and the shield from the Chris's?

Reminds me of the story about Chris Pratt when filming GotG. He's running around, pointing his gun at people and going, "Pew! Pew! Pew!" They asked him to stop 'cause sound effects would get that and they didn't need his lips making the words, and his response was basically, "I never shot a ray gun at somebody without going pewpewpew!"

So, Andy Dwyer was mostly just Pratt being himself then?

This happened to basically every character in Parks & Rec

Ron Swanson didn't become Ron Swanson until they shifted him to be more like Nick Offerman in everything but politics

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Black Panther doesn't have powers, right?

T'challa's just a super smart acrobatic dude who has a baller Vibranium suit?
    Nah, dudes got powers. Originally from a mystical herb that only grows in Wakanda but more recently from becoming the King of the Dead and being able to channel the abilities and knowledge of all of the Black Panthers before him.
    if ryu's a wizard black panther's a necromancer

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Makes sense makes sense

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I still cannot get over how much I love that the first black American superhero, created in the 60's, was a straight-up African named fucking Black Panther

When those old Marvel guys wanted to make a point, they gave it a goddamned serrated razor edge

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Black Panther was made before the Black Panthers

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I thought they both started in 66

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Give me that!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Oh huh apparently AoS kinda introduced a new comics character this week
    Manifold's name shows up on some documents and is referenced as an Inhuman that was captured by Hydra but has since been recovered and is healing up.
    So that's Quake, Slingshot and Manifold. I'm guessing they're just going to use Creel instead of his son, Jerry Sledge.

That leaves J.T. Slade (Hellfire), Alexander Aaron (Phobos) and Sebastian Druid as remaining Secret Warriors they could reinterpret. The Secret Warriors are coming together.
    I've just been assuming that they're just going to use Lincoln as Hellfire since they introduced to romance between Daisy and him.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It's pretty crazy coincidence that The Black Panthers formed just a few months after the Black Panther debuted in comics.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Oh huh apparently AoS kinda introduced a new comics character this week
    Manifold's name shows up on some documents and is referenced as an Inhuman that was captured by Hydra but has since been recovered and is healing up.
    So that's Quake, Slingshot and Manifold. I'm guessing they're just going to use Creel instead of his son, Jerry Sledge.

That leaves J.T. Slade (Hellfire), Alexander Aaron (Phobos) and Sebastian Druid as remaining Secret Warriors they could reinterpret. The Secret Warriors are coming together.
    I've just been assuming that they're just going to use Lincoln as Hellfire since they introduced to romance between Daisy and him.
    Didnt promotional material have his name as Sparkplug or something?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Power Man and Iron Fist #2 absolutely maintained the quality from issue 1 and is pretty handily my favorite book coming out right now.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    It's pretty crazy coincidence that The Black Panthers formed just a few months after the Black Panther debuted in comics.

The timing is a big coincidence, but the creation of the name wasn't; there had already been a pretty famous African American unit in WWII named the Black Panthers. Both Marvel and the actual Black Panthers were probably borrowing the name from it.

• Options
    OldCap enters each Battlegrounds fight by leaping in on a motorcycle

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Huh

DC introduced a one-off DARK FUTURE TIMELINE Justice League type team in Superman that will likely never materialize again which is a bummer because it is a neat group:
    Superman
    Shazam
    Black Adam
    Aquaman
    Giganta
    Captain Atom
    Gorilla Grodd
    Lobo
    Killer Croc
    Catman

I guess they're thrown together as the last resistance on Earth or something?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That is a neat group.

• Options
    I love

Power Man and Iron Fist
    Gjm02ij.jpg?1
    f9qmApU.jpg?1
    ChbgB97.jpg?1
    EyDhnVS.jpg?1

If Danny seems a bit too quippy there it is because he is kind of going through a midlife crisis and trying very hard to ignore that

and Luke is saying fiddle-faddle a lot because Baby Danielle started picking up his cursing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Started leveling Blade in Marvel Heroes, entirely because I want his synergy bonus for level 50

Holy shit, his voice acting is the worst thing I've ever heard

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Sally Field can say whatever she wants, but for me one of the things I hated the most about the Amazing Spider-Man movies was that Sally Field was in them.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Started leveling Blade in Marvel Heroes, entirely because I want his synergy bonus for level 50

Holy shit, his voice acting is the worst thing I've ever heard

Really? I haven't heard it yet. It's Dave Fennoy (Lee from Telltale's Walking Dead) so I expected something good.

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    I love

Power Man and Iron Fist

*snip*

If Danny seems a bit too quippy there it is because he is kind of going through a midlife crisis and trying very hard to ignore that

and Luke is saying fiddle-faddle a lot because Baby Danielle started picking up his cursing

I really like this new series too, but this issue felt like it was spinning its wheels a little bit.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Comic day!

Spider-Woman #5 wraps up by revealing how Jess got pregnant, as well as being a feelgood contemplation on single parent life and motherhood. Absolutely great, and honestly despite my worries about where they'd take the story when they started, it's been a great series.

Captain Marvel #3 is real as fuck. It's doing all the things I really wanted out of a Captain Marvel series, and Alpha Flight, Abigail Brand, and Wendy Kawasaki make for a superb supporting cast. Downside: Please stop depowering Carol, guys. This situation is bad enough without needing to reduce her abilities.

Silk #6 is great. Please read Silk. It's doing fascinating work and she's a bad ass character with an awesome costume. Plus she's hanging with Mockingbird, JJJ, and Black Cat. Hard to beat that cast.
    Holy shit she threw Phil Urich off a tower this is intense.

Red Sonja #3 is fun, I love Bennet's style and the art is a treat. One of Sonja's ex-lovers is campaigning on a #MakeHyrkaniaGreatAgain platform and it's a lovely adventure.

Rat Queens says fuck you we do what we want. You should be reading Rat Queens.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    uh, all kings can channel the spirits of their ancestors

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Can Burger King channel the spirits of all burgers? Or just whoppers?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    the burger king is not a king he is a corporate mascot

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    he is, however, a king of sneaking

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Tal back up

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    the burger king is not a king he is a corporate mascot

But as the king of corporate mascots, can he channel all corporate mascots?

• Options
    I spit on the crown of the burger king

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Make the Burger Kingdom delicious again

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

And what is your opinion on chicken fries?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Ceno wrote: »
    Make the Burger Kingdom delicious again

https://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-G6c3FLg/2/O/i-G6c3FLg.jpg

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    When did PA comics get so fucking huge.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    years ago, evidently

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

don't talk like that, you will incur the wrath of the burgquisition

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That image is over size. In fact, nearly every PA is above the size limit.

This discussion has been closed.