Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I just finished Death of Spider-Man and Ultimate Fallout

Damn

Damn

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    "Do you need a hug right now?" gets me every time.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Mystiques plot arc across the X Men film series makes absolutely no sense since the prequels came out.

I think with First Class they tried to maintain that First Class was a prequel to the original X-Men trilogy. Since Days of Future Past royally mucked up the timeline, it's probably safe to assume that the original trilogy is no longer canon.

Googling looks like a producer for the series confirmed that DoFP soft-rebooted everything. (Link)

Yeah, part of DoFP was meant to specifically be trying to keep Mystique from ending up on the path that she was on in the original timeline/trilogy. Which they were apparently successful at*, hence her seeming to be an ally in Apocalypse. Presumably if they had failed in that regard in DoFP she would have eventually wound up back where she was in the original movie.

The only thing that I think requires a bit of handwaving is her relationship with Charles, which seems very clearly to be something that didn't exist until First Class. They don't really acknowledge each other period in the original trilogy, and IIRC Mystique is the one who poisons Cerebro to put Charles in a coma.

But even that could be fanwanked based on the idea that, if they haven't had any significant contact since the 1960s, and have drifted to opposite sides, they may well essentially see each other as strangers by that point.

*I would have loved a Rebecca Romijn cameo in the mansion at the end, but alas.

My only real problem with Mystique is that she Charles and Magneto seem to have become of the main characters of the franchise with Wolverine gone.

Which

Sure would be nice to get an X-men movie where an X-man is the main character.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Mystiques plot arc across the X Men film series makes absolutely no sense since the prequels came out.

I think with First Class they tried to maintain that First Class was a prequel to the original X-Men trilogy. Since Days of Future Past royally mucked up the timeline, it's probably safe to assume that the original trilogy is no longer canon.

Googling looks like a producer for the series confirmed that DoFP soft-rebooted everything. (Link)

Yeah, part of DoFP was meant to specifically be trying to keep Mystique from ending up on the path that she was on in the original timeline/trilogy. Which they were apparently successful at*, hence her seeming to be an ally in Apocalypse. Presumably if they had failed in that regard in DoFP she would have eventually wound up back where she was in the original movie.

The only thing that I think requires a bit of handwaving is her relationship with Charles, which seems very clearly to be something that didn't exist until First Class. They don't really acknowledge each other period in the original trilogy, and IIRC Mystique is the one who poisons Cerebro to put Charles in a coma.

But even that could be fanwanked based on the idea that, if they haven't had any significant contact since the 1960s, and have drifted to opposite sides, they may well essentially see each other as strangers by that point.

My only real problem with Mystique is that she Charles and Magneto seem to have become of the main characters of the franchise with Wolverine gone.

Which

big_PB240070.JPG

That more your speed?!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Which

Is... is this a joke post or are you really being this nitpicky?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    protect-the-future-174708.jpg
    change-the-future-174709.jpg

This is going to be ugly
    Super buddies are on different sides
    :(

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Professor Xavier: not an X-Man

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Professor Xavier, coaching the team, not playing on the team.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

<cyclops>Protecting the mutant race isn't a sport!</cyclops>

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

except when his legs do work he often chooses to go on missions and lead the team directly?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Veldrin wrote: »

Which

Are you?

Because Mystique and Magneto are both villains and Charles isn't... I mean he's closer than we've ever gotten but the stars of X-men should be a team of 20-somethings and teens having coming-of-age drama and saving a world that hates and fears them.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    "Do you need a hug right now?" gets me every time.

I was surprisingly affected by
    Nick Fury's "You're right. This is my fault."

• Options
    The recent X-movies have been good don't get me wrong but they haven't been what I want out of X-men stories and Im skeptical that this one will either.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Here's Michael Ian Black and Paul F. Tompkins very, VERY, disappointed in Chip's phone, which he left at my house before I went on a boat, so of course I took it with me on the boat instead of sending it back

k8PaaY9.jpg?1

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jesus
    What a bunch of people to hang out with

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I would like the next phase of the xcu to be teen focused

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Which

Are you?

Because Mystique and Magneto are both villains and Charles isn't... I mean he's closer than we've ever gotten but the stars of X-men should be a team of 20-somethings and teens having coming-of-age drama and saving a world that hates and fears them.

Sorry, that read a lot snarkier than I meant it to.

I mean, I agree and like that idea.

My post was more that I find it weird that we're not considering Charles to be an X-Man.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Also: attitude

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

I would like the next phase of the MCU to be teen focused

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Does Netflix unlock stuff on EST?

It'd be nice to crack into DD at 9ish tonight.

Ceno on
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular

Which

But...Wolverine is an X-Man?

I also honestly thought it was a nice choice for the prequels to put an emphasis on Charles, among others, because that's a type of character that I normally wouldn't be at all surprised to see pushed to the sides of favor a "hot young action star" focus. Taking issue with Professor Xavier being central to an X-Men movie is weird to me.

Having said that, I myself would love to see stuff centered more on Jean/Scott/Ororo etc., and I suspect that's probably the plan going forward. This is purely my assumption, but I would imagine that Jackman, Fassbender, Lawrence and McAvoy (and possibly Hoult) will be out after this movie (and Wolverine 3) except for maybe smaller parts in potential future films.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Also I don't think anyone actually posted it here yet

So yeah, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBVIHgQbYk

I was lukewarm about this movie for a very long time given that I'm constantly skeptical about their ability to execute Psylocke in a way I find personally appealing (knowing about the costume malfunctions on-set doesn't help)

but there's enough amazing shit in that trailer (apart from that music) for me to put that stuff aside and now I'm kinda pumped to see this

the X-Men comics have always had an ensemble cast as their main strength and it looks like the movies are definitely maintaining that and it's great

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So when should the BvS reviews start coming in?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Ceno wrote: »

Netfllix stuff always goes up at midnight Pacific

so 3AM for us

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Assuming they show it to critics?

• Options
    Assuming they show it to critics?

They'd have to. Wouldn't they?

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

so 3AM for us

Wait
    What?

• Options
    I know a movie studio can do that but it's also a universal sign for a huge turd of a film.

• Options
    Motherfucker my whole plan was to start watching at midnight

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    BvS seems like the perfect "it's not for you" movie. "Oh, it's not for critics, it's for the real fans".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    I think Mark Kermode doesn't subscribe to the "no screening = turd" theory which is weird to me.

• Options
    ryvenryven Registered User regular
    i still dont like jennifer lawrence mystique makeup

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

so 3AM for us

Wait
    What?

Last I checked. AD Season 4 was definitely that way.

They did release season 3 of OITNB early without warning though. I think 8PM Eastern? Something like that.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So Marvel, Fox/Marvel and DC all have movies out this year that feature superheroes vs superheroes.

Was there like a big meeting or something?

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Friendly reminder; when Daredevil hits, remember to use spoiler tags and try to label them with Episode numbers since not everyone will be able to binge it all at once!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

I would like the next phase of the MCU to be teen focused

revive runaways

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    @Aphostile hey make Daredevil drop 3 hours early okay thanks

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I also wanted to mention that I'm really happy to see that bit in the X-Men trailers where
    Apocalypse is giant and smashing whoever that is (Xavier? Quicksilver? Havok?) around, because I was worried that they wouldn't let him have that ability for the movie.

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So when should the BvS reviews start coming in?

from what i hear Tuesday, but the Imax fan screenings are on Monday so expect to start seeing impressions by then

and yes it is being screened to the press

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    I also wanted to mention that I'm really happy to see that bit in the X-Men trailers where
    Apocalypse is giant and smashing whoever that is (Xavier? Quicksilver? Havok?) around, because I was worried that they wouldn't let him have that ability for the movie.

Its Xavier and
    They show more of that scene which involves him smashing him against a wall in a way that doesn't seem survivable even for a movie. It makes me think its some sort of mindstate representation thing showing Apocalypse beating Xavier into submission.

This bums me out also.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.