As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    kaceyp wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Mystiques plot arc across the X Men film series makes absolutely no sense since the prequels came out.

I think with First Class they tried to maintain that First Class was a prequel to the original X-Men trilogy. Since Days of Future Past royally mucked up the timeline, it's probably safe to assume that the original trilogy is no longer canon.

Googling looks like a producer for the series confirmed that DoFP soft-rebooted everything. (Link)

Yeah, part of DoFP was meant to specifically be trying to keep Mystique from ending up on the path that she was on in the original timeline/trilogy. Which they were apparently successful at*, hence her seeming to be an ally in Apocalypse. Presumably if they had failed in that regard in DoFP she would have eventually wound up back where she was in the original movie.

The only thing that I think requires a bit of handwaving is her relationship with Charles, which seems very clearly to be something that didn't exist until First Class. They don't really acknowledge each other period in the original trilogy, and IIRC Mystique is the one who poisons Cerebro to put Charles in a coma.

But even that could be fanwanked based on the idea that, if they haven't had any significant contact since the 1960s, and have drifted to opposite sides, they may well essentially see each other as strangers by that point.

*I would have loved a Rebecca Romijn cameo in the mansion at the end, but alas.

My only real problem with Mystique is that she Charles and Magneto seem to have become of the main characters of the franchise with Wolverine gone.

Which

Sure would be nice to get an X-men movie where an X-man is the main character.

Is... is this a joke post or are you really being this nitpicky?

Are you?

Because Mystique and Magneto are both villains and Charles isn't... I mean he's closer than we've ever gotten but the stars of X-men should be a team of 20-somethings and teens having coming-of-age drama and saving a world that hates and fears them.

I'm not nitpicky, you're nitpicky!

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Point of order: You're both actually posting on an internet forum, rather than picking any actual nits.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Marvel put out another teaser for Dead No More
    upload-6-94157.jpg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Man I need to catch upon Curious George I had no clue the Man in the yellow hat died.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    upload-6-94157.jpg
    Come on Marvel! This was the last guy you could point to and say "Not everyone gets resurrected, look at Uncle Ben!".

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Man I need to catch upon Curious George I had no clue the Man in the yellow hat died.

That was the first Man In The Yellow Hat. Curious George and the Last Bullet Left revealed that the yellow hat was a legacy title.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    upload-6-94157.jpg
    Come on Marvel! This was the last guy you could point to and say "Not everyone gets resurrected, look at Uncle Ben!".
    It kinda looks like Captain Stacy, the Parker Parents and some other people i dont recognize in there too.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    upload-6-94157.jpg

I'd bet money that
    He'll be dead again by the end of the story, or that it won't really be him.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    upload-6-94157.jpg
    It kinda looks like Captain Stacy, the Parker Parents and some other people i dont recognize in there too.
    I dunno who the three on the right are; if they're Peter's parents, then who is the kid? Does Peter have a brother who died as a child? Uncle Ben in the middle, I'm guessing Gwen Stacey's clone in the big hat in the back, Captain Stacy in the uniform, Gwen Stacey on the far right, and.. I have no clue, but maybe Ben Reilly in the trench coat?

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Marvel just announced a 4 issue ASM Civil War 2 miniseries by Christos Gage and Travel Foreman with issue 1 coming out in June.

So they might be doing separate minis instead of using the ongoing titles.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

She was mentioned by name in the movie?

• Options
    The ASM tie in being only 4 issues gives me hope the main CW2 book won't be much longer than 5.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

In the same vein as the coffee cup for "Rob L.", he name drops a "Gail" at one point.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    upload-6-94157.jpg
    I dunno who the three on the right are; if they're Peter's parents, then who is the kid? Does Peter have a brother who died as a child? Uncle Ben in the middle, I'm guessing Gwen Stacey's clone in the big hat in the back, Captain Stacy in the uniform, Gwen Stacey on the far right, and.. I have no clue, but maybe Ben Reilly in the trench coat?

Wait a second
    Is that Frank Castle's wife and son

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Here's the cover

oxguz7xx6s8b.jpeg

More tie ins are to be announced this weekend.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I hope Peter ends up having to make another deal with the devil after this one too!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    That cover looks like a great PS2 game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Deadpool refers to Hydra Bob's wife as "Gail". Not as overt as the Liefeld, Nicieza, and Kelly references, definitely.

• Options
    Is it too much to ask that CW2 be structured like Avengers Dissasembled?

• Options

Deadpool refers to Hydra Bob's wife as "Gail". Not as overt as the Liefeld, Nicieza, and Kelly references, definitely.

Still, the reference is not the point of the tweet.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Some other stuff from C2E2:

Deadpool: Mercs for the Money, the surprisingly successful miniseries starring his supporting cast of C-List mercenary characters will be getting a proper ongoing later this year.
    There will be a 3-issue Star Wars: Rogue One prequel miniseries introducing some of the characters from the film, as well as an extra sized one-shot that will tie into the film in an unannounced way currently.
    Spider-Gwen will be getting an annual, focusing on her Earth's Captain America.
    Mark Waid confirmed again that the new Wasp will be tied to Hank Pym and that one of the first stories she has will be teaming up with Janet Van Dyne for a proper passing of the mantle.
    Black Panther #1 has had 300k issues sold to retailers so far.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Also, Moon Knight is going to be an insanely pretty book
    Moon-Knight-1-Preview-1-fc464.jpg
    Moon-Knight-1-Preview-2-6d0d2.jpg
    Moon-Knight-1-Preview-4-fb066.jpg

goddamn

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Spider-Gwen will be getting an annual, focusing on her Earth's Captain America.

YESSSS

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Damn that Moon Knight art is sick.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    That art is fucking amazing.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Woah that art is incredible and that book actually looks really interesting

man I always loved Moon Knight, might pick that up(!)

• Options
    It's doubly impressive because Smallwood did the art for Brian Wood's run and while not bad at all it was nowhere near that level.

Dude must have found his groove or at least some excellent collaborators on the rest of the art side of the creative team.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    So apparently there's a Luke Cage trailer after the credits of the final Daredevil S2 episode

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    upload-6-94157.jpg
    Woman with the hat looks like Jean deWolff to me.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    So apparently there's a Luke Cage trailer after the credits of the final Daredevil S2 episode

I like that logo a whole bunch

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    daredevil season 2 episode 1/episode 4
    364964.jpg?b64lines=TG9vayBvdXQgSXRjaHksIGhlJ3MgSXJpc2gh

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Man Cavill is such a great Superman.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Henry Cavill was made for Superman

just a shame that he is criminally squandered by the hacks running the show!

• Options
    Man Cavill is such a great Superman.

Apparently he's an even better Clark Kent.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Who's writing Moon Knight?

• Options
    Jeff Lemire

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yeah, that seems like where his weirdness should go

and keep it away from hawkeye, please

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Did his Hawkeye get weird? I've been meaning to check it out

This discussion has been closed.