As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    I also wanted to mention that I'm really happy to see that bit in the X-Men trailers where
    Apocalypse is giant and smashing whoever that is (Xavier? Quicksilver? Havok?) around, because I was worried that they wouldn't let him have that ability for the movie.

Its Xavier and
    They show more of that scene which involves him smashing him against a wall in a way that doesn't seem survivable even for a movie. It makes me think its some sort of mindstate representation thing showing Apocalypse beating Xavier into submission.

This bums me out also.
    considering it looks like Xavier is standing in that scene, i'd say that's a pretty good interpretation of what's happening there

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Assuming they show it to critics?

They'd have to. Wouldn't they?

I believe they've already screened it to some critics. They just haven't published their reviews yet. Rumors say that reactions are mixed, like MoS.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Wait daredevil drops after st Patrick's day

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    @Aphostile hey make Daredevil drop 3 hours early okay thanks

Hahaha.

Now you'll never get it.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    I also honestly thought it was a nice choice for the prequels to put an emphasis on Charles, among others, because that's a type of character that I normally wouldn't be at all surprised to see pushed to the sides of favor a "hot young action star" focus. Taking issue with Professor Xavier being central to an X-Men movie is weird to me.

I would have liked it better if they could have had him be a major focus while also being in the wheelchair.

The first movie was understandable to have him walking around and such, but what they did in DoFP was one of the worst parts of that film.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It felt like a major cop out after the final scene in First Class, as much as I didn't really like that film

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Going to C2E2 this Saturday in Chicago. I gotta say, I am not super pumped by the lineup of guests this year, and the panels/events are always kind of junk. But, Mark Waid and Mike Mignola will be there so I'm going to try and get some signed art prints.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ya know, the first year they had C2E2 I went to had a ton of webcomics artists and none of them have ever come back. I wonder why that it

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it was definitely a bit of a cop out in order to let Charles run around and do more stuff. Even so it still tied into his primary conflict in the film -- whether he could handle the personal cost that came with the responsibility of using his powers.

It also got a chuckle out of me and my friends at the theater in that first scene where we were like "Wait is Professor X shooting up?"

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Suppressing your mutant powers with drugs is apparently the most effective way to cure being shot in the spine

I did not care for DOFP very much, despite its popularity

Ceno on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Not to mention it also made absolutely no sense. A bloodstream injection that temporarily heals a paralyzing spinal injury is nonsense enough by itself, but that it also for some reason inhibited his telepathic abilities was even more ridiculous.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wait is this weekend C2E2

Goddamn

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Wait daredevil drops after st Patrick's day

catholic guilt at its peak, yo

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Not to mention it also made absolutely no sense. A bloodstream injection that temporarily heals a paralyzing spinal injury is nonsense enough by itself, but that it also for some reason inhibited his telepathic abilities was even more ridiculous.

Neurons, how do they work?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

Neurons, how do they work?

magnetism?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    ryven wrote: »
    i still dont like jennifer lawrence mystique makeup

It's always looked bad on both Jennifer Lawrence and Rebecca Romijn.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    fuck, I can't make it another second
    Daredevil gotta wait til morning

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    The preview for the next issue of Ultimates looks to be dealing with something involving Secret Wars' climax.
    ULTMTS2015005-int2-2-c1284.jpg

Not everyone was put back into the 616 or any part of the multiverse it seems.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    HERE WE GO

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    fuck, I can't make it another second
    Daredevil gotta wait til morning

Ha ha ha! Bow before the tyranny of California and the West Coast!

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I dunno, it started at 5PM here. Think we got the best deal.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    We doing it

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    We started our rewatch of season 1 too late, still have 4 episodes to go, but decided we're going to finish those before starting the new season. Not that we don't want to watch the new stuff straight away, but it's all we've got til the end of September so may as well make it last another day or so.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    6:30pm on a friday night. pretty good time for it to go up

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    first episode ends real strong

• Options
    first ep
    it almost feels like it's paced more like a movie, than a tv show over a whole series. I mean, I got no idea what comes next, but I swear I read somewhere that the series spent at least 4 episodes before you even saw Frank's face, and yet here he is.

• Options
    This rooftop scene is pretty sweet.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hey here's a trailer for Kamen Rider Amazons!

Warning: contains rubber suit gore

https://youtu.be/dwJt1ds8R6Y

• Options
    Ok so I think I just hit the scene they compared to the hallway from the first season, because this is just crazy.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Stayed up for episode 2, and I'm thinking they did good by picking Jon Bernthal for the Punisher.

Ep 2 spoiler
    pawn shop guy really didn't know when to quit, did he

• Options
    ep 3
    did they do the fury road style undercranking there? or was that a product of using certain lenses or something because either way it was super duper amazing. You can tell where the cuts are (or where they would put cuts) but oh my god

• Options
    stuff that you learn by episode 2 or so, but defs by episode 4
    melvin seems to have completely changed. Which is good, because it was a kinda weird characterisation that didn't really work in the first season.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Make a new thread for Daredevil if everyone is going to be talking about it.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    not that I disagree, but it's funny that the superhero thread encompasses so many things now that talking about a show that's just come out right now is in danger of overwhelming the rest of the conversations

Lalabox on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I was actually gonna come in here and ask if Flash/Arrow were even on this week because I hadn't seen anybody say anything about either of them (here or in D&D) so I was starting to wonder.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Flash hasn't been on in like 2-3 weeks is probably why nobody has mentioned it.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Flash hasn't been on in like 2-3 weeks is probably why nobody has mentioned it.

I was sure it came back this week.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    So I haven't watched Jessica Jones yet. Anything in DD season 2 come out of JJ?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    So I haven't watched Jessica Jones yet. Anything in DD season 2 come out of JJ?

I'm up to episode 5 and
    so far it's mostly just some references.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Lalabox wrote: »
    not that I disagree, but it's funny that the superhero thread encompasses so many things now that talking about a show that's just come out right now is in danger of overwhelming the rest of the conversations

In general if there's anything that can support multiple pages of conversation I'd rather it was in its own thread.

This discussion has been closed.