Options

[League of Legends]RIP Dominion 2011-2016. You will be missed (by Talith)

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I am still in Silver, and i have no idea when i will be able to come back to Gold, but it's nice that now i can ocassionaly carry team by myself with Shyvana. I have no idea whom to play in jungle next when she will inevitably get hit by nerfs - return to Vi?

Gragas? Is he getting nerfed? It seems like he will never get nerfed enough to leave because all the pros love him too much

Strong clear, good ganks, tanky, engage potential.

Current jungle meta really encourages gold efficiency, and that means champions who can build mostly tanky but are still useful end up as the best picks.

Unless there's a change in itemization for junglers or an overhaul of income, the pro junglers will always be tanky utility picks (Lee Sin, Gragas, Rek Sai, Elise).

Devourer doesn't seem viable in pro play, but I wonder if that's because of the item itself or just the current project meta. One reason Shyvana in particular is so strong right now is how she can destroy utility tanks.

But Devourer Kindred gets picked all the time in the LCK...

Kindred kinda brings alot of unique utility and early game power though honestly.

Plus Kindred building Devourer is as much because there isn't really another jungle item that gives out stats she cares about as anything else. Warrior's nice if you really want to try snowballing but it lost alot of it's edge when the Apen got removed.

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    i thought i had felt the true extremes of pain

the ultimate sundering of my tender, draconic ass

nothing could happen that would lead to me being stomped harder than i had been in the past

then we managed to feed lucian and kindred until they were unstoppable

by that point in the game they just couldn't die i mean it was mechanically and mathematically fucking impossible

the data points required to survive their murderous intentions simply didn't exist on any of our stat sheets

it was just disgusting and savage, like watching dragons brutally fuck on top of an exploding volcano

i've got to cleanse my brain with some chaos reborn or some shit

• Options
    Ahahaha

Game starts, Vi comes into my jungle as I'm doing blue, smite steals it and then kills me.

Five minutes later I'm on a three killing spree that includes Vi and am way ahead of her in the game.

Just the average Kindred game.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    You would think, that when Darius has his legendary skin, he propably knows his champion.

Nope, decimated by Teemo.

I blame mystery gifts for messing with my expectations.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Isn't Teemo really annoying/difficult for any melee top to deal with? I don't think I've ever won lane vs Teemo.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Isn't Teemo really annoying/difficult for any melee top to deal with? I don't think I've ever won lane vs Teemo.

Depends if they're mainly ability damage.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Yes, but by my logic, everyone who plays champion often should know about how to play against their biggest counters - after all, they must be playing against them often, considering people often pick champions just to counter their opponent.

• Options
    edited March 2016

Yes, but by my logic, everyone who plays champion often should know about how to play against their biggest counters - after all, they must be playing against them often, considering people often pick champions just to counter their opponent.

So, enlighten me as to what to do as a melee champion top vs Teemo without jungle interference. Temmo blind is on an 8 second cooldown, which usually means he usually has the ability to use it on you very time you trade, meaning you tend to lose trades majority of the time. Plus the toxic dart and the ability to harass you every time you CS with ranged AA's with little danger of retaliation.

I amend that, I have won lane as Olaf vs Teemo due to Q poke. Definitely lost as Darius multiple times to my recollection. Just get poked down again and again.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Darius' abilities are all at the optimum range to fuck Teemo right up. If Teemo can attack you, you can Q him, or you can drag him in closer.

• Options

So, enlighten me as to what to do as a melee champion top vs Teemo without jungle interference. Temmo blind is on an 8 second cooldown, which usually means he usually has the ability to use it on you very time you trade, meaning you tend to lose trades majority of the time. Plus the toxic dart and the ability to harass you every time you CS with ranged AA's with little danger of retaliation.

I amend that, I have won lane as Olaf vs Teemo due to Q poke. Definitely lost as Darius multiple times to my recollection. Just get poked down again and again.

Don't push lane, let him push minions, and wait for jungler. That's it, the duel between laners is lost, so the only thing Darius can do is wait for help. He SHOULD NOT push a wave himself, letting himself open for enemy jungler ganks, what happened 3 times in first 10 minutes while i was ganking bot lane.

I understand making mistake once, even twice, but he just didn't learn from his experience, and made the same mistake again, and again and again.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    It's possible

and bear with me on this

its possible that you may end up in a game where the enemy top laner is better than your top laner

I'd even go so far as to suggest this will happen like

around 50% of the time.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    Can someone invite me to the PA club?

username: modusPwnens

• Options
    edited March 2016

Don't push lane, let him push minions, and wait for jungler. That's it, the duel between laners is lost, so the only thing Darius can do is wait for help. He SHOULD NOT push a wave himself, letting himself open for enemy jungler ganks, what happened 3 times in first 10 minutes while i was ganking bot lane.

I understand making mistake once, even twice, but he just didn't learn from his experience, and made the same mistake again, and again and again.

I asked specifically what should a melee top laner do in that matchup without jungler interference. Are you saying that jg ganks are the only way to win that matchup?

To be clear, I'm not asking purely for arguments sake. I try to take the premise that each player is equal skill, no jg interference. So that aside from the champion selection, all else is equal. I try to play top lane never expecting my jg to help and to assume I have to win on my own. So I would like general tips as a melee vs Teemo so that I don't auto-lose lane if my jg isn't available.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    It's possible

and bear with me on this

its possible that you may end up in a game where the enemy top laner is better than your top laner

I'd even go so far as to suggest this will happen like

around 50% of the time.

Plus alot of players who are more one note in their champion selection can struggle to play behind or are used to being super aggressive.

Like if I ever wind up going 0/3 as Kindred I get completely lost because it screws with my game flow so much.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to PA club as well?

Ahimahi

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

I asked specifically what should a melee top laner do in that matchup without jungler interference. Are you saying that jg ganks are the only way to win that matchup?

To be clear, I'm not asking purely for arguments sake. I try to take the premise that each player is equal skill, no jg interference. So that aside from the champion selection, all else is equal. I try to play top lane never expecting my jg to help and to assume I have to win on my own. So I would like general tips as a melee vs Teemo so that I don't auto-lose lane if my jg isn't available.

the lane is teemo's to lose imo because he has a strong advantage over a lot of melees early on. you basically need to play defensively, not push the lane, and conserve your abilities for a time you know you can commit on him hard and make him pay, which generally means letting the lane push if you can because there's no way to pressure him if he can just run back to tower in a second. save autos/auto reset skills for after blinds and focus on sustaining early.

whether or not the teemo is any good definitely impacts how the lane is going to go. if he's an old hand i would not expect to "win" the lane, if it's an inexperienced teemo picking it solely because they think it's a counter to melees you might very well have a chance to dunk on him if they make too many mistakes.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Learning how to not feed when you get behind is really important. Also learning what the stronger laner can actually do to win and what items you should build to not get destroyed in lane.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Rushing an early Banner or Zz'rot is awful mean to a teemo. He can't handle either.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    You would think, that when Darius has his legendary skin, he propably knows his champion.

Nope, decimated by Teemo.

I blame mystery gifts for messing with my expectations.

Teemo v Darius is super binary. If the teemo player knew what he was doing or got one good trade up noting Darius could do would stop the pain.

The main thing is that many of Darius's abilities have length similar to teemo's auto attack range. But at the same time they have windup. Which means that teemo can side step them. And if Teemo does sidestep them then Darius is done.

Though a banner or zz'rot should win the lane eventually.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Sometimes (often) the best thing to do top is just rush defenses, since a lot of top champs have good base damage.

Any opponent whose strategy is to poke you down, all in, etc. you can mess them up just by throwing a few hundred gold into resists.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i was going to tell a story about someone blaming someone else for losing the entire game and throwing a tantrum but i feel like there are too many of those stories.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I just had someone try to proxy Singed me. I had Nasus. After a few tries to catch him I said fuck it and farmed Q. They lost that game. Singed took the first two top turrets, but...

Kind of a non-factor when he rushes swiftness and ZZrot.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Banner and Zz'rot is a combination I'm slowly gravitating towards building as often as I can on supports. I actually managed to win a game through solo pushing as Nami thanks to them, which feels really, really silly to me.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Banner and Zz'rot is a combination I'm slowly gravitating towards building as often as I can on supports. I actually managed to win a game through solo pushing as Nami thanks to them, which feels really, really silly to me.

yeah i've started playing support a bit recently and after my first item i'm usually picking up a banner and a rot.

people are so bad at taking towers in this game and it feels amazing being able to do something about it since I usually play some weak spellcaster.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I never had a problem playing Irelia into Teemo last season. Let him push you in, max E, farm under tower until you get a gank or level 6 + sheen.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    One nitpick about Irelia's E that I don't like - Irelia wins ties. If you're both full health you get stunned.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

supports carrying - this is how it should be!

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

Support is the easiest position to carry games from. It's how I've gotten gold for the past 4 seasons. Not that I'm saying gold is good, mind you.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »

Support is the easiest position to carry games from. It's how I've gotten gold for the past 4 seasons. Not that I'm saying gold is good, mind you.

babysitting

the game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Was much easier to carry as support when you could light the map up like a christmas tree.

• Options
    JAEF wrote: »
    Was much easier to carry as support when you could light the map up like a christmas tree.

yup. i'm not saying that's 90% of how I got to gold

but it's no less than 95% of how I got to gold.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    There's a big part of me that genuinely misses the GP5 item, boots and 20 wards full build support meta.

You died to a light breeze but you could see the universe.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    reksai is like the peak of a champion that is only good in organized pro play

I need to put her on the shelf

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I also kind of miss not having a ward limit, yeah.

But I am so happy that oracle's elixir is gone. I only used that item for half a season and I still hated it. I still hate it today.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I think I need to stop playing ADCs. I seem to be pretty consistently doing well, but not being able to carry in a way that I can on a hypertank top lane or a mid. Maybe I should just start playing jungle again too.

For some reason I just bounce off jungling way more than anything else when I have a bad game.

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    I think I need to stop playing ADCs. I seem to be pretty consistently doing well, but not being able to carry in a way that I can on a hypertank top lane or a mid. Maybe I should just start playing jungle again too.

For some reason I just bounce off jungling way more than anything else when I have a bad game.

I personally think adc is one of the harder roles to carry from. You're very dependent on your support, odds are you won't have game changing cc, it's hard to get fed and even if you do your effectiveness can still be diminished by a strong assassin/tankline. The most impact you can have generally is making sure you get farmed/possibly get ahead of your lane opponent and teamfighting as well as humanly possible, which is very powerful if you make it to lategame in a relatively even game. Unfortunately many games are far from even by the time lategame rolls around, and usually that unevenness is a result of the solo lanes.

• Options
    Wow, what a stupid normal game i had.

On the enemy side: afk jungler, fed Voli top, Veigar adc and supp Syndra carrying her team.

On my side: incompetent flaming Vayne and supp Naut who started farming jungle after 15 minutes and never stopped.

This game took 40 minutes of my life. Argh. Pyrrhic victory.

• Options

I personally think adc is one of the harder roles to carry from. You're very dependent on your support, odds are you won't have game changing cc, it's hard to get fed and even if you do your effectiveness can still be diminished by a strong assassin/tankline. The most impact you can have generally is making sure you get farmed/possibly get ahead of your lane opponent and teamfighting as well as humanly possible, which is very powerful if you make it to lategame in a relatively even game. Unfortunately many games are far from even by the time lategame rolls around, and usually that unevenness is a result of the solo lanes.

yeah i've switched to mid/support

instead of support/bot and my win rate has improved noticeably. someone in the thread mentioned how often a support that does not want to play support will let it effect their performance and I think that's abundantly clear this season with bot lane being very important once the towers start to fall.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

But at the same time if you don't have a bot who can not die all the CC in the world won't matter.

edit: The game is top/mid/jungle dependent right now much more than Bot. Dragons don't really matter, rift herald does since you can use it to snowball towers. If you have an engage that gets ahead you just snowball.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna