As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    sorry there is already a perfect power girl movie

https://youtu.be/IUiNFzzF-ZI

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Zack Snyder-directed Power Girl movie please

This is essentially what Sucker Punch is already

I love Sucker Punch but the story in it is all kinds of awful

It's just a bunch of cool music videos strung together

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    FCD wrote: »
    Regarding BvS, and the significant spoilers therein:
    Since they were actually willing to kill Superman in the second DCCU movie, it makes me wonder if they'll go all the way and do Reign of the Supermen to resurrect him. Because it seems like this crazy train never stops. And hell, from there, it's only a hop, skip and a jump to the destruction of Coast City, an enraged Hal Jordan killing the GL Corps, and ultimately, becoming Parallax and nearly resetting the universe in Zero Hour. It just seems like the perfect love letter to the 90s, and right up Snyder and Goyer's alley. Our doom stretches before us.
    The end of the movie is apparently him busting out of his grave, so he was never dead

that's not at all how it ends
    some dirt starts levitating over his coffin and it cuts to black. that's it
    Oh dear. That sounds like it could be the Eradicator taking Superman's body. Yeah, I could totally see them doubling down and doing Reign of the Supermen. Jesus H. Christ.
    Pros and Cons of Reign of the Supermen:

Pros:
    • Superboy is rad.
    • Steel is rad.

Cons:
    • Eradicator is dumb.
    • Cyborg Superman is terrible.
    You've got to take another look at that pro/con list through the eyes of Snyder-vision.

Now tell me, what do you see?

Evil.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

This is essentially what Sucker Punch is already

Now what happened here is my brain automatically changed it so you said "Power Puff Girls," which is still right

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    welp

I was just told that if I was a *real* comic book nerd then I'd appreciate what Zack Snyder is trying to "achieve" with MoS and BvS and understand that these are more mature, more grounded interpretations of these characters. Maybe if I wasn't such a die-hard Marvel movie fangirl then I'd understand that.

WELP.

Shit in that guy's mouth.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    To be clear the movies certainly share some similarities but I don't find it anymore confining than the formula for summer blockbusters overall.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    Regarding BvS, and the significant spoilers therein:
    Since they were actually willing to kill Superman in the second DCCU movie, it makes me wonder if they'll go all the way and do Reign of the Supermen to resurrect him. Because it seems like this crazy train never stops. And hell, from there, it's only a hop, skip and a jump to the destruction of Coast City, an enraged Hal Jordan killing the GL Corps, and ultimately, becoming Parallax and nearly resetting the universe in Zero Hour. It just seems like the perfect love letter to the 90s, and right up Snyder and Goyer's alley. Our doom stretches before us.
    The end of the movie is apparently him busting out of his grave, so he was never dead

that's not at all how it ends
    some dirt starts levitating over his coffin and it cuts to black. that's it
    Oh dear. That sounds like it could be the Eradicator taking Superman's body. Yeah, I could totally see them doubling down and doing Reign of the Supermen. Jesus H. Christ.
    Pros and Cons of Reign of the Supermen:

Pros:
    • Superboy is rad.
    • Steel is rad.

Cons:
    • Eradicator is dumb.
    • Cyborg Superman is terrible.
    You've got to take another look at that pro/con list through the eyes of Snyder-vision.

Now tell me, what do you see?

Evil.

s662qq.jpg

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

Why would you want a fun character like Power Girl sent through the grim-o-matic machine

• Options

Why would you want a fun character like Power Girl sent through the grim-o-matic machine

The same reason I wanted Superman sent through it

A different take on an enjoyable character

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I want to do a Kickstarter.

I wanna raise like 50 grand and buy 1825 double Bluray copies of Richard Donner's director's cuts of Superman 1 and 2 and mail Zack Snyder one copy of both films per day for the next five years.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I dunno I think I've heard enough of them shit talking the old Superman movies as not being faithful to the comics

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

so I read power puff girls and my skin crawled off my body and hid in the closet

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

So, grim and desaturated in look and character instead of enjoyable then?

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

So, grim and desaturated in look and character instead of enjoyable then?

Sure

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    welp

I was just told that if I was a *real* comic book nerd then I'd appreciate what Zack Snyder is trying to "achieve" with MoS and BvS and understand that these are more mature, more grounded interpretations of these characters. Maybe if I wasn't such a die-hard Marvel movie fangirl then I'd understand that.

WELP.

Because comic book nerds are a monolithic entity and have exactly the same tastes. That's how all people are! That's why all people all fans of the same sports team and all enjoy the same television show.

What a goose.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    My friends want to go see BvS really badly so I am going too.

I am not particularly happy about this.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    welp DC

I give up

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    My friends want to go see BvS really badly so I am going too.

I am not particularly happy about this.

Same. Hopefully one of them doesn't want to go on his birthday because, well, I don't wanna ruin his birthday.

• Options
    ban Zack Snyder from movies

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    xehalus did you perhaps just return from an outing to the movie theater

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THE JUSTICE LEAGUE

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Making a list of recommendations for people that ask me about seeing BvS:

*Zootopia is still playing in some places
    *10 Cloverfield Lane should still be playing too
    *Deadpool might be in the dollar theaters or something
    *Mad Max: Fury Road is now available if you want home entertainment
    *Daredevil Season 2 just went up on Netflix.
    *Heck, Pee-Wee's Big Holiday just went up on Netflix and is probably a better investment of your time.

In fact, fuck it, I'm watching that Pee-Wee movie this weekend.

• Options
    You guys sound like a joy for your friends to be around

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i don't take too kindly to the connotation that pee wee's big holiday is anything short of amazing

because it is

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

If your friends wanted to see Paul Blart 2, would you go or would you try to dissuade them?

Cause that and BvS share the same Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Renzo wrote: »

If your friends wanted to see Paul Blart 2, would you go or would you try to dissuade them?

I'd go

Movies with your friends as an activity doesn't really rely too much on the quality of the movie in question

I've seen some shitshow films for sure but seeing movies with friends is still always a good time

Also BvS is sitting at 34% and Paul Blart 2 is at 5% so

Not sure where you're pulling that from!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    welp

WELP.

Because comic book nerds are a monolithic entity and have exactly the same tastes. That's how all people are! That's why all people all fans of the same sports team and all enjoy the same television show.

What a goose.

What exactly is Zack Snyder trying to achieve anyway?

Nothing in MoS makes it more "mature" compared to other superhero movies. Although, I will agree that the world is a bit more grounded but they kind of throw all that out the window with BvS and everyone starting to get super Kryptonian tech.

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

I'd go

Movies with your friends as an activity doesn't really rely too much on the quality of the movie in question

I've seen some shitshow films for sure but seeing movies with friends is still always a good time

Yeah, some bad movies are fun to watch with friends, but others are just a dull chore, even with good company. It sounds like BvS is probably the later, rather than the former.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Movies don't strike me as a great social activity. You're supposed to be watching the film, not interacting with your friends.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Yeah it sounds like careful consideration was taken with BvS so that no one would even unintentionally or accidentally have any fun around or near it. Like a fun vacuum.

You know, to clear the way for all the Serious Stuff that you totally just don't understand DAD

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Movies don't strike me as a great social activity. You're supposed to be watching the film, not interacting with your friends.

Well I mean

It's not like "the movie starts at 7:05, be here at exactly that time and then immediately disperse once the credits roll"

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    after Wanted, if my buddies want to see a movie I know I'm going to hate, I stay the fuck home. I can meet up with them afterwards, it ain't like we're going to have big in depth conversations during the movie

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't care who is going, if I don't want to see it, I'm not going. And if no one wants to see a movie I want to see, I'll go by myself. I'm there for the movie, not the company.

I would have seen The Force Awakens in a soundproof box with some headphones if it were an option.

Anyway, if some of my friends want to see BvS, that's cool. I won't ask them not to, I just won't go myself. I try not to be the typical asshole geek version of Debbie Downer.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    They're a good pre-social activity. Watch a movie together, then get some dinner and chat about it.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So what witty new thread title will we have

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Flash:
    Boy, that's some real loose standards for journalism, newspaper guy.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Something about My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 hopefully

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

Well I mean

It's not like "the movie starts at 7:05, be here at exactly that time and then immediately disperse once the credits roll"

Yeah, but I can do the general hang-out thing pretty much anywhere. When we go to see the movie, the hangout is going to be interrupted by a two hour film. If that film sucks, that's two hours of hangout replaced by something that I'm not even enjoying.

Again, doesn't seem like a great social activity.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

The [Superhero] thread that couldn’t be more expansively grim if it was a four-part documentary on the bubonic plague

... might be a bit too long

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

Superman vs. The Punisher in theaters now

This discussion has been closed.