As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bioware Games] Stop Dragon My Heart Around

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    The green ending isn't alone in being an issue with consent. Every single option deals equally with consent, because you're unilaterally making a decision that will impact all life in the galaxy. It becomes no less about consent if those effected don't live to think about it.

Every option but reject is essentially rooted in fascism, whether Shepard likes it or not. It shouldn't up to them to decide the fate of the galaxy, but you play the hand you're dealt.

I kinda feel the opposite

The allied species of the galaxy have put their faith in Shepard and the Crucible to deal with the Reapers

Choosing reject throws away all their lives and hard work just because Shepard couldn't make a choice

"Fuck you and fuck this" is most certainly a choice, my man

It's not the one the entire galaxy is trusting you to make though (blow it all up)

If the galaxy puts its collective hopes on the back of the gal who calls the council solely to hang up on them, the galaxy gets what it asked for

That was just hilarious though

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    thinking mass effect 3 is a better-playing game than gears 3 is bonkers to me, especially when it comes to multiplayer

I like mass effect more but it's so much clunkier

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I finished ME 3 multiple times and got bored of GOW halfway through.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The powers and weapon loadout/management stuff puts ME3 miles ahead of Gears for me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I finished ME 3 multiple times and got bored of GOW halfway through.

yeah I wouldn't argue about overall play experience. I played like 1 mission of gears single player and couldn't care

but in terms of how it mechanically plays/controls/feels to run shoot jump die etc, gears is much better

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The green ending isn't alone in being an issue with consent. Every single option deals equally with consent, because you're unilaterally making a decision that will impact all life in the galaxy. It becomes no less about consent if those effected don't live to think about it.

Every option but reject is essentially rooted in fascism, whether Shepard likes it or not. It shouldn't up to them to decide the fate of the galaxy, but you play the hand you're dealt.

The allied species of the galaxy have put their faith in Shepard and the Crucible to deal with the Reapers

Choosing reject throws away all their lives and hard work just because Shepard couldn't make a choice

I really want to hear the radio conversation shepard has with hackett after going yellow

she explains the whole situation and goes "yeah man I told it to fuck itself we're going to go down fighting!!" and hacket goes "NO SHEPARD YOU IDIOT GO BACK AND SHOOT THE TUBE"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The powers and weapon loadout/management stuff puts ME3 miles ahead of Gears for me

yeah i am just talking about a different thing, it would seem

because I do enjoy ME3's actual gameplay more

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i came up with an ending for mass effect 3 i like better. but it involves time travel.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

yeah i am just talking about a different thing, it would seem

because I do enjoy ME3's actual gameplay more

I like the movement in ME3. Gears combat became much more fluid by the third installment, but you always felt like you were operating a human tank. Which you were, but still.

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »

I really want to hear the radio conversation shepard has with hackett after going yellow

she explains the whole situation and goes "yeah man I told it to fuck itself we're going to go down fighting!!" and hacket goes "NO SHEPARD YOU IDIOT GO BACK AND SHOOT THE TUBE"

My interpretation of the reject ending is that
    Shepard stays trapped in the crucible with a front row seat to the reaper victory.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i came up with an ending for mass effect 3 i like better. but it involves time travel.

Mine involves Patrick Duffy stepping out of a shower

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

Mine involves Patrick Duffy stepping out of a shower

is he a romance option? because mine has one time romance partner Future Shepard. "We should probably never tell anyone about this."

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

My interpretation of the reject ending is that
    Shepard stays trapped in the crucible with a front row seat to the reaper victory.
    I'd go so far as to say that Shepard never even sees the loss, because she was already so close to death to begin with.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ha ha, Mark Meer is such a great dude.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    honestly i think part of my problems with the endings is that i think it's easier to write a "Here's some endings that have good points and bad points!" than it is to write an optimistic victory ending, and i would have liked to just end happy even though it's harder

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I was expecting something like red but with way, way bigger losses

Like you have to blow up sol so everyone on earth and all the fleets in the system die

But the actual cost of killing all reapers was less than that so okay cool sorry my toaster friends

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah I thought the Geth were dope (until they developed individual sentience, that was something they never wanted and just made them generic, cookie cutter AI) but when it was them, or the rest of the galaxy, I'm sorry, my fascist shepherd is pulling the plug on you and those reaper jerkoffs.

I just kinda wish the ending wasn't a big load of the reapers/starchild going "Oh you've followed my plan all along! Oh ho ho ho!" I mean part of the story of Mass Effect was that this cycle was messed up by the protheans disabling the external mass effect relays so the galaxy should have been further advanced than a usual extinction cycle. It would have been nice to see the galaxy be able to fight back more than just general annihilation.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I was expecting something like red but with way, way bigger losses

Like you have to blow up sol so everyone on earth and all the fleets in the system die

But the actual cost of killing all reapers was less than that so okay cool sorry my toaster friends

wow, racist

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Geth are Wormlights, get it right

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Quoth wrote: »

When I read the different ways that Fade choice in Inquisition could be presented I was always super relieved that all I had to do was choose between Hawke, the best protagonist in one of the best RPGs ever made, and Some Random Guy. I don't think i'd be able to sacrifice Alistair's hair.

Aistan on
  • Options
    There are so many fun ways to see previous decisions in dai and it makes me sad because there's no way I'm trudging through that again

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Blake T wrote: »
    Yeah I thought the Geth were dope (until they developed individual sentience, that was something they never wanted and just made them generic, cookie cutter AI) but when it was them, or the rest of the galaxy, I'm sorry, my fascist shepherd is pulling the plug on you and those reaper jerkoffs.

I just kinda wish the ending wasn't a big load of the reapers/starchild going "Oh you've followed my plan all along! Oh ho ho ho!" I mean part of the story of Mass Effect was that this cycle was messed up by the protheans disabling the external mass effect relays so the galaxy should have been further advanced than a usual extinction cycle. It would have been nice to see the galaxy be able to fight back more than just general annihilation.

Starchild AKA "All according to Keikaku"

what a tiresome trope, ugh

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »

When I read the different ways that Fade choice in Inquisition could be presented I was always super relieved that all I had to do was choose between Hawke, the best protagonist in one of the best RPGs ever made, and Some Random Guy. I don't think i'd be able to sacrifice Alistair's hair.

Literally nobody who could possibly be in that slot could ever outpace Hawke for me. Hawke #1 all time champ.

Plus, Hawke doesn't get to die. Everyone she cares about, sure. Hawke's got to keep on going.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    There are so many fun ways to see previous decisions in dai and it makes me sad because there's no way I'm trudging through that again

I will never play that damn game again, and apparently that DLC is great!

What a bummer

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    I like saving Loghain so that he can live through every major event of the dragon age

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I really should finish DA2 so I can get to DA:I

How do save games transfer over as I hear the 360 version of DA:I isn't great and doesn't come with all the DLC?

• Options
    edited April 2016
    save games do not transfer

you build your world state at http://www.dragonagekeep.com and upload that into the cloud, then dragon age inquisition imports it from the cloud

the 360 version only has the first DLC, jaws of hakkon, and does not have the descent or trespasser

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    The best ending is the red ending because it's the only one that allows the setting to more or less continue as it was

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    hey uh

seems like some andromeda gameplay leaked

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So what if I was the mako? Interesting idea

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    That looks appropriately janky for a Bioware action game

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    apparently that is from a late 2014 build

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Neogaf: Worst Now, Worst Forever

• Options
    Gator wrote: »
    The best ending is the red ending because it's the only one that allows the setting to more or less continue as it was

see that's why it's the least desirable in my mind

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    One thing I wish ME3 had that I feel like it could've gotten with more time

I want to visit the construction site of the Crucible

I wanna see all the different races and all my old buddies that can't come along on the Normandy working together on this gargantuan thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I wonder if I will ever not giggle like an idiot throughout the entirety of Guilty Pleasures. Evidence suggests that to be impossible considering I did so again just now, my fourth time seeing it.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    please don't speak for me on the Mako

I actually had a lot a fun with it, it was mostly the areas you drove it in that sucked IMO

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
This discussion has been closed.