As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2016 Hotel Partners

• Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Yeh, I agree with everyone who leaves near but still stays at a hotel near the event. I live about 40 mins away, but there is no way I would attempt driving into and out of the city, spaz over parking, and risk extremely long lines. The extra you would have to pay for a hotel is totally worth the convenience of avoiding the above.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So I'm sure I looked right past this in one of the threads, but
    My hotel (the Hampton Inn Boston Crosstown Center) is not listed on the shuttle schedule. However, the hotel booking site said that it DID have a shuttle, which is one of the reasons I booked there.
    Is there someplace or someone I can email about this? Should I contact the hotel or PAX itself?

• Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So I'm sure I looked right past this in one of the threads, but
    My hotel (the Hampton Inn Boston Crosstown Center) is not listed on the shuttle schedule. However, the hotel booking site said that it DID have a shuttle, which is one of the reasons I booked there.
    Is there someplace or someone I can email about this? Should I contact the hotel or PAX itself?

My guess is that the shuttle service runs elsewhere. Hotel to airport for instance. I would call the hotel and ask for more information and specifically if their running a shuttle service for PAX.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Try contacting pax_questions@paxsite.com first. It's possible that it's very close to another hotel that *does* have a shuttle stop, and so you would just walk over there. I know that's been a thing in the past.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Westin Waterfront fri/sat/sun/mon/tue just opened.

• Options
    rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    Westin has Confirmations in their system, if you have your card # you can get the Westin's confirmation e-mail and # sent to your e-mail.

SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    Westin Waterfront fri/sat/sun/mon/tue just opened.

Damn so close.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    there is a thurs- mon run of house at the seaport atm... for anyone looking
    and its gone.. lol.

mayapple on
    e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    cclgurl95cclgurl95 Registered User new member
    Our hotel changed our reservation on us to only one night, and are trying to charge us an extra $280. Is there anything we can do about this?

• Options
    hayabusahayabusa Registered User regular
    cclgurl95 wrote: »
    Our hotel changed our reservation on us to only one night, and are trying to charge us an extra $280. Is there anything we can do about this?

If you made the reservation through OnPeak then call them to find out what happened, if not then call the hotel reservations # directly during business hours to work it out. Make sure you have record of the original reservation with original price and dates to forward to the necessary person.

• Options
    tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    When OnPeak transfers my reservation info over, will my confirmation number show up on the OnPeak page?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Try contacting pax_questions@paxsite.com first. It's possible that it's very close to another hotel that *does* have a shuttle stop, and so you would just walk over there. I know that's been a thing in the past.

Unfortunately mine is one of the farthest out there and totally separate from the rest. I'll probably have to catch a bus to the show or pay for a cab every day :(

• Options
    When OnPeak transfers my reservation info over, will my confirmation number show up on the OnPeak page?
    Not necessarily. Best to call the hotel itself sometime this week and see if it got transferred to be certain.

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Just confirmed mine with Seaport.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    Just called the Element and they don't have my reservation yet :/

• Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    I was able to contact the Hyatt Regency and confirm both of my rooms. I got the confirmation numbers from the guy on the phone and confirmed the itinerary on the website as well.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    cclgurl95 wrote: »

Did you make this reservation through OnPeak? Or directly through the hotel. If it's OP you should have your original confirmation - with that I would call OP and speak to a rep to straighten it out.

If it was directly with the hotel you should still have the original confirmation showing the rate and days, if you haven't had any luck speaking with the local hotel I would call their corporate customer service and have them straighten it out.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know how parking works at the Element? I'm looking at reviews about a self-park lot for 25 off site maybe, but the webpage lists self parking at 25-50$ Going to try to call them tomorrow, but thought I'd see if anyone here knew.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    Just called the Element and they don't have my reservation yet :/
    Call OnPeak on Monday, they will be able to tell you when they are doing the transfer.

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Just snagged a Thursday at the Aloft. I'm freeing up my Thursday quad occupancy room at the Seaport...now!

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Just snagged a Thursday at the Aloft. I'm freeing up my Thursday quad occupancy room at the Seaport...now!

You've been at that for awhile! Nice work lol.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    persistence .... nice !

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Not sleeping till daybreak has an upside here and there.

• Options
    hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    For the Onpeak transfers to the hotels - apparently they did the initial transfer 3/31, so if you have made changes after then, the hotels don't have it yet. I added Thursday to my reservation a few minutes after their transfer, according to onpeak, so I'm missing a day. The next set of updates should come in the next two days, so if your reservation doesn't show up by Thursday at the latest, call Onpeak.

• Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    Does anyone know how parking works at the Element? I'm looking at reviews about a self-park lot for 25 off site maybe, but the webpage lists self parking at 25-50$ Going to try to call them tomorrow, but thought I'd see if anyone here knew.

Did you ever figure this out? I found the $25 lot on google maps and it looks pretty small. Worried about it being filled up by the time I appear and having to pay for something that's both more expensive and quite a walk away.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    NFG wrote: »
    ishtra wrote: »

Did you ever figure this out? I found the $25 lot on google maps and it looks pretty small. Worried about it being filled up by the time I appear and having to pay for something that's both more expensive and quite a walk away.

I just called them and it's a BCEC lot that they don't even control. So I'm guessing it might be.

• Options
    hadiwist wrote: »
    For the Onpeak transfers to the hotels - apparently they did the initial transfer 3/31, so if you have made changes after then, the hotels don't have it yet. I added Thursday to my reservation a few minutes after their transfer, according to onpeak, so I'm missing a day. The next set of updates should come in the next two days, so if your reservation doesn't show up by Thursday at the latest, call Onpeak.

I made a reservation when tickets first went on sale, but then canceled it and made a new reservation in February when something else closer popped up. Would that have anything to do with it?

• Options
    I would call OnPeak and they can help sort things out. Have your Onpeak confirmation handy and I am sure they help you figure out what is up.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Any news on the Renaissance? I booked my room back when tickets went available, but I haven't gotten confirmation yet.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I didn't get a confirmation directly either, I reached out to the Seaport by email to confirm that they had my reservation.

aBByNormaL on
  • Options
    Any news on the Renaissance? I booked my room back when tickets went available, but I haven't gotten confirmation yet.

Last time I talked to them, they had reservations and were entering them (this was last Thursday). They said we should hear something this week. I may call them again today though to verify.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    Solanales wrote: »

Last time I talked to them, they had reservations and were entering them (this was last Thursday). They said we should hear something this week. I may call them again today though to verify.

I actually just got off the phone with Judy (the person in charge of their importing). She said shes still working, but the imports should be done this week. The confirmations should come from on peak. ie she will send them the confirmations and they will send them to us.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    mayapple wrote: »

I actually just got off the phone with Judy (the person in charge of their importing). She said shes still working, but the imports should be done this week. The confirmations should come from on peak. ie she will send them the confirmations and they will send them to us.

Awesome! Thanks May. Saves me a few minutes =)

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options

Okay, good. I'd just called and they had no record, which made me a bit nervous.

FYI folks, don't be the planner for a large group. It's not good for your hairline.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options

Okay, good. I'd just called and they had no record, which made me a bit nervous.

FYI folks, don't be the planner for a large group. It's not good for your hairline.

We split our large group into groups of 4 with 1 person leading each group... it works quite well. There is no way I'd want to plan for more than four at a time lol

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    I'm the leader, too. I'd probably panic more if I wasn't in charge though. This way I know it's done and handled. And hey, we only needed three rooms, two sets of locals and 17 tickets this year lolol.

Oh and I was on a plane taking off when tickets released.... Ya. And then they changed there one billing source rules and dropped all our tickets and I had to speak with people in person at south to get them back. This one has been one for the record books haha.

Wouldn't change it for the world though. So much fun with friends all over the country getting to game in person.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I'm the leader, too. I'd probably panic more if I wasn't in charge though.

See, I'm envious of my friends. They just KNOW it'll get handled, so they can sit back and smoke a proverbial bowl.

That said, it usually gets me a pint or two over the weekend, main car DJing rights for the ride down and well...the respect of my friends knowing that I've got everything accounted for.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    legolego Registered User regular
    Oh man, now I want to track down that ever so rare Thursday night hotel room at the Westin.

PAX East since 2013, PAX West since 2016
  • Options
    lego wrote: »
    Oh man, now I want to track down that ever so rare Thursday night hotel room at the Westin.

Good luck :P

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    I'm the leader, too. I'd probably panic more if I wasn't in charge though.

See, I'm envious of my friends. They just KNOW it'll get handled, so they can sit back and smoke a proverbial bowl.

That said, it usually gets me a pint or two over the weekend, main car DJing rights for the ride down and well...the respect of my friends knowing that I've got everything accounted for.

I'm a control freak tbh. I WANT to run things but I still stress lol.

P0P7S6y.png