Options

[FFRK] FF7 Golden Saucer Dating Sim continues. New DU tomorrow night.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Those bonus battles were way easier than the FF7 set. I got each of them on the first try. I kind of wish I had just taken the probes down on Cid, because man did they drag the fight out.

Or maybe I should have just cast reflect on Cid. Oh well, live and learn.

Artereis on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Mastered Cid with 1 damage medal. Goofed midway by using Last Judgment Grimoire instead of refreshing Wall so when I did end up taking down the second rook, Fran died to the Tokamaks or whatever, but the first one missed everyone else so she was the only casualty before I could burn him down.

Build:
    Tyro Lv 80
    Killer Bow
    Golden Armor
    Vossler's Gauntlet
    Banishing Strike R1/Silence Shell R1/Dr. Mog's Teachings (SG, LJG)

Ramza Lv 78
    Diamond Sword++ (6*)
    Viking Coat
    Aries
    Power Breakdown R4/Lifesiphon R3/Mako Might (Shout, Tailwind)

Fran Lv 67
    Traitor's Bow
    Heroic Scarf
    Blazer Gloves
    Full Break R2/Magic Breakdown R4/Ace Striker (Mist Overload)

Gilgamesh Lv 80
    Hammerhead++ (6*)
    Galbadian Elite Armor+ (6*)
    Godo's Mask
    Flashing Blade R1/Lifesiphon R3/Dragoon's Determination (Faithful Companion)

Agrias Lv 78
    Gladius
    Grand Armor
    Omega Badge
    Saint Cross R1/Protectga R2/Battleforged (Hallowed Bolt)

Man. That setup seems really lacking in healing and hones. Maybe I'm worried about my lack of RS for nothing.

Thought I was forgetting something. RW was..wanna say Vanille's medica with a mini-ether?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    U and U+ down, both a bit of a slog due to poor offensive synergy but otherwise doable. Didn't consult the AI for either, which was fun.

Brought six uses of Banishing Blade to the U+ and needed every last one. Seems like he always had Regen or Protect or Greater Barrier. Managed to dump my SB bars in-between reapplications of the above, but it was tricky for sure.

R2 Exploding Fist did good work, no regrets on that one.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Note about Bergan: he comes in with Protect/Shell. He's totally doable without dispelling them and I got full medals, but man I bet it would've gone quicker.

Also, I too got Killer Bow on the 100-gem. It gives me another synergy weapon for these fights, but...I JUST GOT Traitor's Bow, cmon. Fran's never using that SB ever.

Shatterheart still has a use case even if you have the SSB: being a dual-break, it stacks with everything. If you're in a situation where you need mitigation more than you need damage, having another stacking 20% effect (let's be real, whatever it is has break resistance) is better than dialing up your Full Break from 12.5% to 20%.

If you don't have Agrias's SB or someone else's magic/whatever breakdowns I'd probably prefer Shatterheart. Honestly, even with that, I like having Shatterheart because it means I doubt I'll ever feel much pressure to hone Break Dance. Mako Might Shatterheart, Magic Breakdance, Full Break is pretty great for aoe fights.

I wouldn't turn my nose down at the Traitor's Bow for the 10 attack and the burst damage at the end of a fight, but it's no snowballs soul break.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Bergen is dumb. All four guys attack one person before I get a chance to buff? Why yes that means I have to reset. It happened five times in a row? Who thought this was a good idea!

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I have now reloaded the +++ 68 times. Each time, all 4 of the enemies get to go before I get an action off, and gib someone. This isn't a particularly enjoyable experience.

Edit: Also, Lullaby is utterly useless, as it has now triple-missed 57 times in a row.

dporowski on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    I have now reloaded the +++ 6 times. Each time, all 4 of the enemies get to go before I get an action off, and gib someone. This isn't a particularly enjoyable experience.

Edit: Also, Lullaby is utterly useless, as it has now triple-missed 5 times in a row.

Man, that is some terrible luck.

Lullaby always hit at least one of them for me.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Stilts wrote: »
    I have now reloaded the +++ 6 times. Each time, all 4 of the enemies get to go before I get an action off, and gib someone. This isn't a particularly enjoyable experience.

Edit: Also, Lullaby is utterly useless, as it has now triple-missed 5 times in a row.

My first try, I got two of them, could NOT get the 3rd, and then things went pear-shaped really fast. I think I got 2 turns in before the cone of cold spam and AE physical stuff dropped someone.

Since then, it's been miserable. If Lightning can ever get her SB charged, that might do a number on the freakin' snowflakes, which I'm pretty sure is half the battle right there. Buuuut no. Nope. 3 Cone of Colds on one character, every time. Or two and a smack from the fat one. Etc.

Edit: Yep. 2300 damage Blizzasomething after DG went off. This is absurd, honestly.

dporowski on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

My first try, I got two of them, could NOT get the 3rd, and then things went pear-shaped really fast. I think I got 2 turns in before the cone of cold spam and AE physical stuff dropped someone.

Since then, it's been miserable. If Lightning can ever get her SB charged, that might do a number on the freakin' snowflakes, which I'm pretty sure is half the battle right there. Buuuut no. Nope. 3 Cone of Colds on one character, every time. Or two and a smack from the fat one. Etc.

Do you not have a Dr. Mog's or Mako Might?

'Cuz yeah, I could see that being a meat grinder if you don't. My first round was devoted to setting up mitigation, activating Shout, casting a Lullaby and casting a Meteor.

And then on the next turn the Shout-boosted Crushing Blow would destroy the snowflakes.

Even then, though, three of my party members died because I underestimated how much damage he did. Shellga on its own was not enough. I really don't care enough about the Mastery bonus to try again, though.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    U and U+ down, no medals lost, both much easier than expected. Frankly, I found the +++ the hardest part of this event because of Cone of Cold spam. That was ugly until Sleep Buster procced a couple of times. No medals lost there, either. Mitigation and AoE ftw.

U: Zidane for Machinist and Shift Break, Agrias for Banishing Strike/SC and Cleansing Strike, Ramza for FB/MBdn and Hail of Stones, Garnet for R4 Maduin/Protectga and Divine Guardian, Y'shtola for Curaja/Shellga and SSII.

U+: Switched Zidane out and Steiner in with LS/Banishing Strike and Sword Art Break, gave Agrias my other LS, switched PBdn in for MBdn, and gave Garnet Curaga instead of Maduin. Focused solely on Cid. If I was going to do this fight again I would replace Curaga wih Dispel - the defensive spell spam on Cid is annoying, and Garnet could be occupied just fine casting Dispel every round. Or I could give her Diaga if I had a decent XII staff. Which I don't.

• Options
    edited April 2016

'Cuz yeah, I could see that being a meat grinder if you don't. My first round was devoted to setting up mitigation, activating Shout, casting a Lullaby and casting a Meteor.

And then on the next turn the Shout-boosted Crushing Blow would destroy the snowflakes.

Even then, though, three of my party members died because I underestimated how much damage he did. Shellga on its own was not enough. I really don't care enough about the Mastery bonus to try again, though.

I have Mako, but it's on Garnet at the moment so she can get DG up ASAP, and Lightning's got Lifesiphon/Drain Strike. Maybe I'll swap it and hope I can pull another Shout RW, because this is nuts.

Edit: Well, killed the snowflakes, but then he decided to spam Blizzaja every turn, and welp.

dporowski on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    OK so I know I should never chase a particular relic, because that way lay heartbreak. I already dropped 50 mythril and 100 gems on Basch banner 1, because I really really wanted Fran's bow, and the only 5* I got was an FFVII Striking Staff (mage rod with +holy damage). But damnit, Fran is like my favorite FFXII character, followed very closely by Balthier and then Basch, and this banner has one good item for each, in addition to a generic FFXII sword that I wouldn't say no to because I need more XII synergy regardless. I finally hit 50 mythril again about 20 minutes ago, and dropped it on the banner.

The orbs drop into the thing, and I get the earthquake! Two rainbows pop up! One of my 4* items is my third Dancing Dagger (which is nice because that was already one of my better synergy items for the realm and now it'll be 4++)! The first rainbow pops, and I get the Platinum Shield! O_O Aw yeah, things are looking up! Second rainbow pops, and it's Aldebaraan! So worth it. A shame I didn't get Fran's bow, but I am absolutely stoked at what I did end up with.

3/45 being 5* items is kind of awful, but at least I finally got two of the items I really wanted. I am now in the midst of First World Record Keeper problems, with 8 good characters with good relics on them. This is a good problem to have.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ultimate done and dusted. Zero Wall and Divine Guardian used as the RW

Balthier (Both shells at R3) and 425 ATK
    Yuna (Curaja, Shellga)
    Lightning (Tempo Flurry, Lifesiphon) at 426 ATK
    Terra (Waterja R4, Meteor R2) at 403 MAG
    Ramza (Banishing Blade, Magic Breakdown) at 362 ATK
    Balthier was level 65, everyone else except Ramza (77) is 80

Shellga, Blind Shell, Divine Guardian to open
    Terra was just spamming Meteor until it was exhausted
    Lightning Lifesiphoned to charge up her Crushing Blow
    Balthier after shelling the boss hit each Judge with Confuse Shell with Confuse sticking with every application
    Banishing the boss if needed to dispel, otherwise it was just focusing damage on the boss while AoE happened.
    Lightning finished off all the Judges with a Crushing Blow and then burnt through the last of the Lifesiphons as single target damage

50% was refresh buffs time, topped off healing with Tailwind and then went full DPS burn. Lightning used Tempo Flurry to get Slow to stick. Finished with a barrage of SSBs (Crushing Blow/Magitek Missiles).

Getting Shellga, a Res buff and Magic Breakdown is the key to completely negating the magic damage at the end without relying on a Wall.

You could RW Shout, use a Shellga and then PCecil's or Basch's default SBs for a res buff after 50% as well and that should take the heat off the damage.

Looking into the Ultimate+ which seems like it's doable without Wall as well.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    ChLIcyxUcAANfCu.png:large
    Means 11x pulls are going to have a guaranteed 5* or above
    6 months away for global but at least things are heading in the right direction

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    full medals on ultimate/ultimate+.

now to do some gysahl farming before 1 this afternoon.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

Hopefully not 6 months away and this update comes sooner like most nice updates, such as the Fat Chocobo exchange. Though I can also see it being 6 months away because with 6* base items being a thing, being guaranteed at a 5* helps relieve some of that sourness at pulling jack all.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »
    I wish it was purple.

Gotta leave room for the eventual 9* items!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Does it specify which 5* you're guaranteed to pull? It could be an Excalipoor! :P

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    After you guys were talking up how easy the Ultimate was, I tossed my A team at it. Didn't realize he starts with Protect/Shell. That's an important thing to note.

Still, downed like a clown. Initial damage before I got wall/protectga/MG8 up was scary, but after that, completely smooth sailing to full medals. I can confirm that you don't actually need Confuse Shot to proc on a judge, just hit them with it.
    WCeASnV.png

That said, I think my wacky drawtaliate/Grand Cross shenanigans I posted earlier would've worked pretty well too. I only saw maybe three or four AoEs the entire time, and the feeds from Retaliate would've been nuts.

Stupid Cid is resistant to lightning though. I'll take him on after orbfest and a chance to level Zack into the 70s, plus, god willing, another hone or two on banishing strike. Given his weakness against stun and holy though, and that I have Basch's shield, I expect Agrias and Zack to murderize him.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    It boggles my mind that so many people have poor XII synergy.

Like 1/5 of my inventory is 3++ and 4+ XII weapons. I have faux-five rods and staves with almost every elemental type damage boost for XII.

Did people sell all these, or just get weird results from 11-pulls?

Fleur de Alys on
    Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    The Sauce wrote: »

Like 1/5 of my inventory is 3++ and 4+ XII weapons. I have faux-five rods and staves with almost every elemental type damage boost for XII.

Sounds like my FFIV armor stockpile. I really need to clear that out. I did my FFVI weaponry cleanup the other day when I ran out of inventory space. So many knives. So... so very many knives.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Is it just me or is this U+ fight also way easier than the U. Managed to one shot it but had to reload a couple times on the U fight and still didn't master it. I did have Planet Protector vs not boostga at all which certainly made a difference, but nothing as huge as it was. I had 2 people and zero hones at the end of U but never even felt like someone could die during the U+ fight.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    These Ultimates were a Machinist paradise. Cid can be silenced so go go Silence Shell.

I'd kill for Laguna's MC2 right now.

• Options
    These Ultimates were a Machinist paradise. Cid can be silenced so go go Silence Shell.

Does that actually do anything though? He only has like, three possible moves, and two of them are physical attacks.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Does that actually do anything though? He only has like, three possible moves, and two of them are physical attacks.

Bonus damage!

Prevents him from casting Haste in the weak phase and there was a few spells he was prevented from casting.

• Options
    LuqLuq Registered User regular
    Mastered Rufus and U+ Hojo Wednesday. Nothing to really brag about since I now have SSBs for Vincent and Zack, and a Tifa's Platinum fist. Vincent, Zack, and Lightning made short work of Rufus. He only got off one mako shot. Hojo was actually a bit harder. I was struggling a bit on my first attempt, but hey only 1 stam! So I quit and changed Vincent's loadout from MAG based with Maduin R4 and Power Breakdown R3, to ATK based and both Armor and Power Breakdown R3. Then it was easy.

SSBs for Zack and Lightning. Two good SB's for Tidus. I guess I should save for chainstarter in addition to full charge.

100gem on the new banner, nada. 5 mythril, holy rod!
    Penelo, Selphie, and Minwu SSBs now. I'm hoping Penelo will make the white mage nightmare significantly easier.

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • Options
    The Sauce wrote: »

Here is my XII synergy:
    Danjuro
    3++ dagger, 3++ sword
    4* axe, hammer, spear
    way too damn many 3++ and 4* caster sticks

Other than the Danjuro I got from the tutorial, the physical stuff is only like 10 ATK better than natural 5* from other realms. If any of the 4* physical stuff had paired up, I'd be in great shape.

Seriously though, wtf about those caster sticks. At 3*, there's a neutral, a fire boost, an ice boost, a lightning boost, and an earth boost. There are both rod versions and staff versions of most of them. And in addition to that, there are also some rods that favor MND and some staves that favor MAG. It's just absurd. Why do they think this realm needs that much 3* gear? It'd be better if there was less of it, just so it was more likely to pair up for combines.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any tips for the Nightmare Mode Demon Wall? My best team got him to about 15% health, and that's with Shout and Wall. Is there something special I should be doing with this red light?

• Options
    edited April 2016
    urahonky wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips for the Nightmare Mode Demon Wall? My best team got him to about 15% health, and that's with Shout and Wall. Is there something special I should be doing with this red light?

The way the red cone works is:

You get 4 cones. Its defense is boosted while the cones are up. It's always a cone, so it's always one of the top three, the middle three, or the bottom three. Arrange your party accordingly (put your weakest DPS/white mage(s) on the edges, strongest in the middle).
    If a unit inside the red attacks the wall, all is good.
    If a unit outside the red attacks the wall, it casts Nightmare Gravity on everyone in the cone and immediately moves to the next cone. Attacking the arms is fine.
    After a few turns, it moves on to the next cone.
    Once all 4 cones are done, it moves on to the "fuck you" phase where it uses 9999 damage attacks that bypass Def.

The other thing to note is that after four turns at the start, it uses another gravity type spell and immediately moves to the cone phase. You can bypass that (and need to for a medal requirement) by doing 80,000 HP of damage to it, so you may have to frontload some powerful attacks/SBs.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Oh my God @ArcTangent thank you. I couldn't figure out what was going on with the Nightmare Gravity and thought it was just a thing I had to have happen.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    One more tip, anybody inside the cone should avoid attacking the arms with anything that can be counter-attacked (most AOE soul breaks are immune to counter-attack), because the arms will counter with an ability that reduces the remaining uses of one of your abilities to half. Also the cone will move immediately after the Demon Wall's fourth action. While the boss is vulnerable to interrupts (or stuns if you prefer) like Zack's Air Raid, delaying one of his turns will not extend the cone and could potentially make it more difficult to get the timing right on the switches.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    the biggest piece of advice for nightmare demon wall is to take your time and don't be afraid to let someone sit with a full ATB, the counter attacks from someone hitting the wrong target at the wrong time is way worse than any damage the boss will actually do.

in fact, aside from the counters he barely does any damage at all.

also, if you want to bring a cure and a protect, bring them on different people and put them on the edges with other dps moves. I had tyro with Curaja and thundaga strike on one end and agrias with saints cross and protectga on the other. Gilgamesh cloud and leon in the middle.

• Options
    Thanks guys! I finished it. Ended up with Expert, and everyone but Cloud dead. Tyro died within the first bunch of turns because he got hit 3 times with eviscerate. So at the end I lost Wall and his eviscerate was murdering my remaining folks.

But I got what I wanted!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Killed U+ Cid without killing the Rooks. Just alternated Saint's Cross and Banishing Strike, while everyone else did standard Shout meta stuff. He does nearly no damage with both Rooks up, and R3 Banishing Strike was enough to keep him buffless ~90% of the time. I think he got one tick of regen for 9999, and I had one cycle of actions where he had protect up.

• Options
    Watching videos of U+ Cid, I'm really surprised by how nonthreatening he is if you just leave the rooks up. Either have someone spam Banishing Strike, or queue up Banishing Strike -> Reflect, repeat when he uses Greater Barrier.

• Options
    I will say I had Full Break/Power Breakdown and RW Heroic Harmony, so his DEF ignoring attack wasn't bad at all.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    That's how I fought him, and it was pretty cake-walky.

Got myself up to 159 and 4/5ths Stamina, and I'll be at 146/159 when the Orbfest starts tonight. I still have all of the Combat Nightmare to do, and 1 Classic and 2 Elite stages from DU20 to do.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea, the rooks did most of the damage with drain in my U+ fight as I never killed them. ~1500 a hit but since my whole team was over 4500 hp, it wasn't that bad. Cid didn't do very much at all through all the nonsense I layered on him. Couple tense moments when people got low, but Portrait is too strong.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

I have Mako, but it's on Garnet at the moment so she can get DG up ASAP, and Lightning's got Lifesiphon/Drain Strike. Maybe I'll swap it and hope I can pull another Shout RW, because this is nuts.

Edit: Well, killed the snowflakes, but then he decided to spam Blizzaja every turn, and welp.

@dporowski Please post your setup, I suspect you have room for improvement. (Though Cone of Cold did hit more randomly for me.) My biggest recommendation is that if Garnet is the one holding Shellga, she needs to be casting that first round. DG gives only a 50% RES boost, Shellga is 100%. You can find MANY more Shout RWs (and others) in this big RW list. You now have no excuse for ever not having the RW you want (you can reset your list by running a dungeon, e.g., IV's Fabul Castle for 1 stamina).

If you don't have Wall, you might consider using Yuna to bring Protectga and Ramuh (relatively easy to hone). You might also consider trying Heathen Frolic or Heathen Frolic Sarabande in addition to Lullaby (and using it beforehand). It hurts your damage output, but staying alive is your first concern. Note that Lullaby has a 20% proc rate per enemy, Sleep and Sleep Buster have a 30% proc rate, and Phantasm has a 50% proc rate. Come to think of it, your best shot may be using Garnet and Lenna, bringing Protectga and Lullaby on Lenna letting you bring both Power and Magic Breakdown (assuming you don't have Full Break), putting Ace Striker, Battleforged or Mako Might (if you have both MM and Dr. Mog's RMs) on Lightning if you can get her to 590 ATK with Shout without an ATK boost RM, and using Lightning's SSB as soon as Shout is up and Lullaby has procced at least once (Lifesiphoning if necessary).

Keep in mind that if you're using Shout, then DG only adds 50% RES and High Regen. Which are great, but MUCH less important on the first round than the extra 50% RES from Shellga. I note that if Lightning has 590+ ATK after Shout, she should be able to kill all of the Azers in a single use of her SSB (6.5 * 2 * (590^1.8)/(600^.5) = 51570, i.e. 49995, and Azers have 43k HP each).

Daffydd on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    holy crap i actually bothered to finish an event before the last day. I've been autoing though story while i work since then. I'll probably just burn mythril on it for a while till the next event. maybe i should actually go get clouds 2nd rm so i can finally have mako might.

edit: orb rush weekend. there's no winning

initiatefailure on
This discussion has been closed.