Whispers of the Old [chat]

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    New game souls ripoff but high-tech:

God's of Lord ran = AI'S
    Humans = cyborgs, but human minded
    Undead = cyborgs who have lost human memories
    Dragon's = actual humans piloting mechs against the AI's (real humans almost all gone)
    Chosen undead = cyborg with no human memories working on behalf of an AI who wants power back from other competing AI's
    Nah, make the setting be literally MGR and just add Eclipse Phase re-sleeveing.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I didn't realize you could get a peanut-allergy style reaction from cat dander!

I get itchy skin/eyes/sniffles from cats and dogs, but it's manageable so long as I remember to wash my hands after hanging with them.

immune systems are really weird and complex, and poorly understood, is my understanding from all my friends in the medical world

whack shit

allergies are so weird and never the same person to person (tho of course some kinds are more common than others)

poo
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Buying stuff in bulk in costco seems nice, but I don't want my apartment looking like some hoarders/survival situation. I don't need all this toilet paper all at once.

or do you

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    If I wasn't allergic to cats then right now I'd be feeling pretty good about life
    I wish I knew but no tests said I was and no prior evidence said I would be, but I guess immune systems are weird and complicated and tests are not that accurate
    Unfortunately that is the case, and thus my body is rebelling and I am trying not to be full of anxiety and worry and indecision

It sucks especially because of getting out of my evil landlord situation smoothly and into a nice spacious clean apartment only to find that I cannot rest

I just don't know what to do about my living sitch at the moment

I don't want to rush into getting into another apartment, I need to make sure it's good, especially if it's a long term commitment

Lol I saw one apartment that looked good but one of the roommates would be a Brooklyn assistant DA... and I like my drugs, so that seems like a bad match, I assume? :exclaim:

Weh

At least the roommates were cool when I told them that I might be allergic to YoYo, and I'm trying to figure out what to do

His name is YoYo and he's so cute and friendly and I have to be like fuck you go away I'm sorry cutey pooty

Warghl

zyrtec

Believe me, I've been trying medications

Well, so far I tried claritin and allegra, not zyrtec

Doesn't really help much so far

It's not the sneezy, red eyes, sinus congestion type of allergy, which is what those things mostly help with
    It's the itchy skin, nausea, diarrhea, swelly throat, chest pain type of allergy - similar to my peanut allergy

(And neither the peanut allergy nor the cat allergy was detected from the skin prick test which is dumb)

I've only spent 3 nights at new apartment
    Night 1 was okay I felt weird after, and most of Monday morning felt shitty
    Night 2 was the night I went to ER

Then the next 2 nights I spent at friends place and felt better

Was there last night and survived the night but have felt fairly shitty most of this morning

:exclamation:

You talked with a Doc about this? I found Singular to practically turn my allergies off. I only ended up on it to tolerate Remicade but got them to just leave me on it since I breathe so much better.

Well, I went to this one allergist yesterday who did the skin test
    And he was pretty dismissive and was like you're not allergic to cats or peanuts, test says so, here's some medicine for your pollen allergy

But the peanut allergy is a legitimate thing that I've had my entire life, since I was wee, and is something I've experienced reactions to many times so I know it ain't a lie (luckily so far it hasn't been that severe, except that one time in thailand when I accidentally ate some fkn spring roll that had peanuts)

Mreh

Well that blows. Docs who don't listen to you fucking suck.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    amazon subscribe and save basically means i only need to go grocery shopping for meat and fresh veg

and i'm thinking of doing one of those veg delivery service things. there's one here that's like a super awesome charity for low income neighborhoods in the city, so it's like win-win

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I don't have a family of 12 if I buy 500 pounds of meat I have nowhere to put it

Costco is for all you rich people

override367 on
  • Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Buying stuff in bulk from costco seems nice, but I don't want my apartment looking like some hoarders/survival situation. I don't need all this toilet paper all at once.

There's a big difference between shopping for a house full of teenagers and, well, anything else, really

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »
    For a game whose atmosphere is dedicated to the grimness of death, the rolling in dark souls always looked pretty goofy to me
    Eh, combat rolling under some demon's ridiculous buster sword feels pretty badass to me.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I take zyrtec daily at bedtime. I have a mild idiopathic edema condition which it helps. From my conversations with allergy and immune system doctor, the various allergy med available OTC target different parts of your system in different doses and different deliveries.

The efficiency of each med is greatly dependant on what part of your immune system is freaking out. Which is why the industry has so many med available.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I don't have a family of 12 if I buy 500 pounds of meat I have nowhere to put it

Costco isn't for rich people it's for car driving homeowners with three kids

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    I take zyrtec daily at bedtime. I have a mild idiopathic edema condition which it helps. From my conversations with allergy and immune system doctor, the various allergy med available OTC target different parts of your system in different doses and different deliveries.

The efficiency of each med is greatly dependant on what part of your immune system is freaking out. Which is why the industry has so many med available.

so you should take 1 of each with a shot of scotch

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    I have a costco but it's so much more expensive than everywhere else, for basically everything

There is no way in fuck your grocery store beats costco on butter, milk, and eggs, and paper towels.

Though, Amazon's subscription service beats the hell out of CostCo on paper products

#iamashopingninja

all this anti costco talk is hurting my retirement fund.

Hey, I'm not saying Amazon beats 'em at everything...just paper products and most dry goods. CostCo still has the best deals on meat, organic dairy, and produce

that said,
    having stuff magically show up to my house once a month and not having to think about it at all is extra awesome

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I have a costco but it's so much more expensive than everywhere else, for basically everything

There is no way in fuck your grocery store beats costco on butter, milk, and eggs, and paper towels.

grocery store sales beat costco pretty often

Are you looking at the price per unit and similar or the same items? 'Cause I'd be shocked if a grocery store could hold a candle to CostCo

tbf I'm not... super versed in grocery shopping

cause I'm a bourgie fuck, eating out like every meal

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    doctors tell you not to drink with medicine because they don't want you to have fun by the way

• Options
    don't operate heavy machinery because it might be too awesome

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Costco is also for people who cook/bake.
    The per lub cost on sugar, flour, rice is basically 0.
    you save soooo much money on spices too.

• Options
    my desk is from costco it is a good desk

poo
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

well it has a reputation around here of being cheap but that's nonsense except for bulk purchases, and I aint paying a membership fee to drive a half hour to fill my hallway with toilet paper

and since this is Wisconsin they can't sell milk and eggs for less than Wal-Mart

• Options
    biological bodies are so fucking dumb right guys

poo
  • Options
    Costco is also for people who cook/bake.
    The per lub cost on sugar, flour, rice is basically 0.
    you save soooo much money on spices too.

do they have Cash & Carry on the east coast?

that place is the shit

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options

grocery store sales beat costco pretty often

Are you looking at the price per unit and similar or the same items? 'Cause I'd be shocked if a grocery store could hold a candle to CostCo

tbf I'm not... super versed in grocery shopping

cause I'm a bourgie fuck, eating out like every meal

ahhh, youth

;)

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Like can costco just let me in to buy their pizza and hotdogs without a membership.

• Options
    SIrHIow.png

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

well it has a reputation around here of being cheap but that's nonsense except for bulk purchases, and I aint paying a membership fee to drive a half hour to fill my hallway with toilet paper

and since this is Wisconsin they can't sell milk and eggs for less than Wal-Mart

yes that's what desc said

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Like can costco just let me in to buy their pizza and hotdogs without a membership.

a lot of places they have to!

I know they do in WA. The one near me has the cafe on the outside of the store it's great

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    biological bodies are so fucking dumb right guys
    I dunno, they have their... "ups and downs".

:winky:

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Mine has the food court outside the warehouse. You can gorge yourself on churros without a membership

• Options

...you can buy non-bulk at the costco near you?

Here the milk comes in 2 or 4 gallon boxes (each box has smaller 1 gal. containers) and you can't get less than 24 eggs. I mean, srsly, it's ALL bulk

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    is there any greater exercise in trust than letting your partner cleanshave your junk

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Costco blows away grocery stores on some things, on others it's oddly similar or even higher. Blanket statements one way or the other will be wrong.

Also, around here at least, for the absurd restaurant sized cans/jars of food go to Cash and Carry. You can get vats of ice cream or pickle jars the size of your torso.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Man getting paid is both exciting and super demoralizing. On a monthly schedule I'm just like YAY oh goodbye money, there you go. *waves sadly*

I've got a chase card and a firestone card I need to pay off before septemberish or the interest rate thing kicks in. Firestone shouldn't be hard but the chase one is a bit high. Never shoulda gotten a credit card. My credit is decent, I'm just concerned I'll get buried under an unpaybackable grand or two.

If I get this full time job (two interviews next week! Chances are looking decent!) then that'll help, but that first paycheck won't hit till end of August I believe.

• Options
    is there any greater exercise in trust than letting your partner cleanshave your junk

no.

• Options

the same thing, but with a straight razor

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

IT'S BABY TIME

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options

You really should buy toilet paper in bulk. hide rolls all over your place if you must.

• Options

the same thing, but with a straight razor

*wince*

• Options

You really should buy toilet paper in bulk. hide rolls all over your place if you must.

for a single dude the savings is spread out over... so much time

I bought like a 24 pack when I moved in two years ago and I only just replaced it

• Options

Here the milk comes in 2 or 4 gallon boxes (each box has smaller 1 gal. containers) and you can't get less than 24 eggs. I mean, srsly, it's ALL bulk

I picked up the 36 pack of eggs last week. Tomorrow Im having people over for brunch.
    4 eggs necc for bread
    6 eggs for french toast batter
    8 eggs for scrambled eggs

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Man getting paid is both exciting and super demoralizing. On a monthly schedule I'm just like YAY oh goodbye money, there you go. *waves sadly*

I've got a chase card and a firestone card I need to pay off before septemberish or the interest rate thing kicks in. Firestone shouldn't be hard but the chase one is a bit high. Never shoulda gotten a credit card. My credit is decent, I'm just concerned I'll get buried under an unpaybackable grand or two.

If I get this full time job (two interviews next week! Chances are looking decent!) then that'll help, but that first paycheck won't hit till end of August I believe.

yeeaaahhh, so, I took my greatgrandfather's advice "never pay someone to use your own money" and now I'm damn near 42 with NO credit. As it turns out no credit is worse than bad credit.

good luck with paying that shit off, but even if you have to juggle credit cards to avoid interest hikes it's better to have at least one :/

• Options

I picked up the 36 pack of eggs last week. Tomorrow Im having people over for brunch.
    4 eggs necc for bread
    6 eggs for french toast batter
    8 eggs for scrambled eggs

/gets on plane to nyc

This discussion has been closed.