As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Whispers of the Old [chat]

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    I don't have a family of 12 if I buy 500 pounds of meat I have nowhere to put it

Costco is for all you rich people

Costco isn't for rich people it's for car driving homeowners with three kids

well it has a reputation around here of being cheap but that's nonsense except for bulk purchases, and I aint paying a membership fee to drive a half hour to fill my hallway with toilet paper

and since this is Wisconsin they can't sell milk and eggs for less than Wal-Mart

...you can buy non-bulk at the costco near you?

Here the milk comes in 2 or 4 gallon boxes (each box has smaller 1 gal. containers) and you can't get less than 24 eggs. I mean, srsly, it's ALL bulk

I picked up the 36 pack of eggs last week. Tomorrow Im having people over for brunch.
    4 eggs necc for bread
    6 eggs for french toast batter
    8 eggs for scrambled eggs

/gets on plane to nyc

PAXNYC2016

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    also only use a single sheet of tp per visit to the restroom.
    practice being efficient.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    we go through a stupid amount of TP and Paper Towels

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    there is a costco really close to my new house

I am going to get so incredibly fat from their pizza

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    i think 4 lubs of kirkland bacon was 10.99
    The best case sale situation around here is maybe 2.99 a lub.

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    we go through a stupid amount of TP and Paper Towels

you have kids, it's inevitable

• Options
    I bought like a 24 pack when I moved in two years ago and I only just replaced it

^confirmed nonwiper

• Options
    i went through 3 rolls the other week when i was peeing out my butt

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    a
    I don't have a family of 12 if I buy 500 pounds of meat I have nowhere to put it

well it has a reputation around here of being cheap but that's nonsense except for bulk purchases, and I aint paying a membership fee to drive a half hour to fill my hallway with toilet paper

and since this is Wisconsin they can't sell milk and eggs for less than Wal-Mart

yes that's what desc said

desc is wise

• Options

their roasted chicken is really good, too

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I bought like a 24 pack when I moved in two years ago and I only just replaced it

^confirmed nonwiper

Preferential work shitter.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    I do buy it in bulk, but it isn't worth the gas to do it at costco because a $10 pack will last for ages

• Options

their roasted chicken is really good, too

I AM BALLOONING OUT OF CONTROL

• Options
    edited April 2016

^confirmed nonwiper

Preferential work shitter.

boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, something something something I play hearthstone on the toilet

Deebaser on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Man getting paid is both exciting and super demoralizing. On a monthly schedule I'm just like YAY oh goodbye money, there you go. *waves sadly*

I've got a chase card and a firestone card I need to pay off before septemberish or the interest rate thing kicks in. Firestone shouldn't be hard but the chase one is a bit high. Never shoulda gotten a credit card. My credit is decent, I'm just concerned I'll get buried under an unpaybackable grand or two.

If I get this full time job (two interviews next week! Chances are looking decent!) then that'll help, but that first paycheck won't hit till end of August I believe.

yeeaaahhh, so, I took my greatgrandfather's advice "never pay someone to use your own money" and now I'm damn near 42 with NO credit. As it turns out no credit is worse than bad credit.

good luck with paying that shit off, but even if you have to juggle credit cards to avoid interest hikes it's better to have at least one :/

Well that at least makes me feel slightly better! Not in a great spot but like, they won't throw me in jail or anything if I end up totally unable to pay stuff. But oh boy is it stressful. C'mon high paying job.

• Options

You really should buy toilet paper in bulk. hide rolls all over your place if you must.

for a single dude the savings is spread out over... so much time

lol!

Amazon delivers a 48 pack every 3 months, and sometimes I have to run to the grocery store 'cause we're low in between

• Options
    if one of those doomsday guys really thought the world was going to end they should buy hundreds of tons of toilet paper and build a post apocalyptic TP empire

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    a

yes that's what desc said

desc is wise

I mean I wouldn't go that far

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    The only costco near me is on the other side of town, but damn I might go just to see if their food court is outside. Visiting my parents before and we went to costco and I like the pizza. And their rotisserie chickens are bigger and cheaper compared to grocery store delis at the time as well.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I could never use 36 eggs before they went bad

• Options
    hmm I could go see the green room today

nothing else looks interesting

• Options

*gaston shakes head in disappointment*

• Options
    hollywood needs more movies about abolishing the wage system

• Options
    hollywood needs more movies about abolishing the wage system

it's working too well for them. Have another spiderman reboot.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    if one of those doomsday guys really thought the world was going to end they should buy hundreds of tons of toilet paper and build a post apocalyptic TP empire

Kenshiro roaming the land punching bandits who monsterously hog all the TP.

• Options

learn to cook

• Options
    gak, my lap has been taken over by purring kitty...I was just going to go get more coffee, how does he know!?

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    gak, my lap has been taken over by purring kitty...I was just going to go get more coffee, how does he know!?

RIP

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i forgot to change the delivery period on TP from amazon for like three months in a row

i currently have 162 rolls of quilted northern

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i forgot to change the delivery period on TP from amazon for like three months in a row

i currently have 162 rolls of quilted northern

Make a bed out of it
    Sleep on its pillowy busom

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Bulk paper products is the way you use cotsco/bjs/sams.

For $20 I can get enough tissues, papertowels, and toilet paper to last me a decade.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    *water spills all over them*

"I'M RUINED!"

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i bought fabric softener sheets from costco four years ago and still have some left

• Options
    and their plastic wrap is like the best i've ever used

also lasts forever, the rolls are like restaurant kitchen sized

• Options
    @spool32 you should restart that cook with [chat] thread.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Are we still talking about eggs? That all chat ever talks about anymore.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    spool32 you should restart that cook with [chat] thread.

I know he wants to, but time is a bitch

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    OH that reminds me @spool32 can your work do anything for you with your..nose situation? Like do they have prosthetic smellers?

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I like the textured plastic wrap that mimics geckos or something. Stuff will stick to any bowl.

• Options
    ...I fell down the Pinterest Tattoo rabbit hole for a few minutes there

wtf makes people get matching tattoos or their SO's name or face? I mean, spool and I have been together for 21 years, we're disgustingly happily married - that shit is still not happening.

This discussion has been closed.