As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Elvenshae You're pretty good with the Photoshop right? Would you be able to add some decals/mess with the paint schemes a little to make them more accurate?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    @Elvenshae You're pretty good with the Photoshop right? Would you be able to add some decals/mess with the paint schemes a little to make them more accurate?

Sure, I can play around a bit.

What're you looking to have done? I think I missed the initial memo ...

• Options

@Elvenshae little things like giving Rhythm Nation the pirate hat and hearts on the left thigh, some of the text on Occam's Missile and the unexploded missile sticking out of the pod, a Kuritan Dragon on the Dragon's nose, depending on the shot, and Koschei doesn't need much done.

As for shots, I'm thinking maybe get into Canyone Network and have a shot looking up at them on a ridge. Maybe get some people in the mechs they've fought to get some action shots.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Does Thursday at 8 eastern work for everyone?

I won't be able to be on until closer to 9 PM EST, unfortunately.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Maybe get some people in the mechs they've fought to get some action shots.

Past enemies include: Blue with Orange trim Quickdraw
    Grey with red trim Awesome
    Grey with red trim Cicada
    Red and White Quickdraw
    Grey with red trim Commando
    White with Red face Atlas
    Green with grey trim Blackjack/Panther/Centurion.

If we can get an action shot where we get the Quickdraw close enough to death that having the Atlas fall on it and kill the Quickdraw will be PERFECT.

Lord Mulligan had his Atlas airdropped onto the battlefield due to poor coordinates he was airdropped onto his Quickdraw ally's head, killing her instantly.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @Nips I can still make that work

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Elvenshae little things like giving Rhythm Nation the pirate hat and hearts on the left thigh, some of the text on Occam's Missile and the unexploded missile sticking out of the pod, a Kuritan Dragon on the Dragon's nose, depending on the shot, and Koschei doesn't need much done.

As for shots, I'm thinking maybe get into Canyone Network and have a shot looking up at them on a ridge. Maybe get some people in the mechs they've fought to get some action shots.

Ah - you mean like adding them to the screenshots we end up taking in MWO?

Sure - I can do some of that. I'm not a photoshop expert by any means, though. :D

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I can try to hit a 9PM EST but it is too close to when we eat dinner. Easier guaranteed time would be 10PM EST for me, but I know that is late for some folk.

Edit: Forgot to thank you for the pics. I'll have to see if I can match one of my mechs up with a pattern and paint now.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    TONIGHT on DEATH FROM ABOVE:
    The Mercs have finished their contract with House Marik. However, the teams days of freedom may be coming to end as their mysterious benefactor stresses their power over the Marauders. The new contract will take the team to the edge of Capellan space to aid the confederation in a fight against the Magistracy.
    Tune in at 6pm! twitch.tv/hyperrpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2016
    So I tried to make the Catapult coloring close to what they have there. None of the patterns came close unless you count the Sherman one but it has stars on it.
    Catapult.PNG
    Catapult2.PNG

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    So Diva is officially in the Orion now. Right now the proposed mechname is Glitterpants II: Electric Boogaloo, and Viking_Lass will probably be prettying it up today on watching paint dry

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

DEV QA LIVE NOW

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    In vent now if anyone wants to show up early @Betsuni @Tigliss @Elvenshae

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2016
    DFA
    QuickDrawVSAtlas.png
    QuickDrawVSAtlas2.png

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Blackjack, Centurion, Dragon
    Dragon.png
    Dragon_Fire.png
    Dragon_Fire2.png
    Dragon1.png
    Dragon2.png
    BlackJackBurn.png
    BlackJackCent.png
    BlackJackCent2.png
    BlackJackCent3.png
    BlackJackCent4.png

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Is there anywhere to watch the DFA videos on demand? I was watching and Twitch started crapping out on me as they went into the mission debrief.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    https://youtube.com/HyperRPG - videos go up about three days after they first stream. You can also watch the Twitch VODs right away if you have a subscription to their channel.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
  • Options
    MegaMek: Proving once again that IS XL Engines are garbage, and IS CASE is a waste of time when you mount one:
       ER Medium Laser at Champion CHP-3P (Princess); needs 5, rolls 8 : hits  LT
            Champion CHP-3P (Princess) takes 5 damage to LT.
                 SECTION DESTROYED,
    LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.
            1 damage transfers to CT.
                Critical hit on LT. Roll is 8; 1 location.
                CRITICAL HIT on Ultra AC/10 Ammo (10).
                *** Ultra AC/10 Ammo EXPLODES!  100 DAMAGE! ***
                    Champion CHP-3P (Princess) takes 100 damage to LT.
                        remaining 100 damage prevented by CASE.
            *** Champion CHP-3P (Princess) DESTROYED by engine destruction! ***

Fortunately, it was the opponent Bot's 'Mech. ;)

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah, CASE with IS XLs is purely a fluff thing. It means that the 'Mech is salvageable if the ammo goes up instead of being a pair of smoking hip actuators. 'Mechs are hard enough to assemble in useful quantities even when they are repairable.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Oh, yeah, CASE with IS XLs is purely a fluff thing. It means that the 'Mech is salvageable if the ammo goes up instead of being a pair of smoking hip actuators. 'Mechs are hard enough to assemble in useful quantities even when they are repairable.

I always wondered about the logic... isn't there at least a 50% chance that you'll be CASEing your 'Mech to make it easier for the other guy to salvage it?

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Orogogus wrote: »

I always wondered about the logic... isn't there at least a 50% chance that you'll be CASEing your 'Mech to make it easier for the other guy to salvage it?

Well, sure. But if the other guy takes your mech, that just means you have the chance to take it back further down the line. Or you're dead, in which case you're in no position to care about it one way or the other.
    If it's just reduced to a smoking pair of legs, then nobody gets the mech.

see317 on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    IS mediums were king once. I had an 80 tonner with a 400XL and a dozen mediums. It was a thing of beauty. Full armor and could alpha every round without even ticking the heat scale, even running.

It was fun

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    I've been playing on-again-off-again matches in MegaMek againts Bots.

MVP in multiple games has been an HBK-4P for 3025 tech (9 ML), and other 'Mechs mounting scads of Medium Lasers likewise become either immediate focus-fire targets or backbones to my forces.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular

If you have a 50% chance of defeat you're not fighting fair. The IS doesn't fight fair and doesn't build for defeat.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular

If you have a 50% chance of defeat you're not fighting fair. The IS doesn't fight fair and doesn't build for defeat.

Yeah, but someone's losing half those fights. It seems marginally more likely that it might be the guy who had a half ton less armor or was short a small laser, who was dumb enough to get his ammo exploded and is now down a 'Mech.

On a tactical scale, building for defeat seems like exactly was CASE was made for -- wrapping a pretty bow on your 'Mech once it's taken out of the fight.

• Options
    @Nips This is what was given away during the last Death From Above

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    tumblr_moj1kxqJio1qfy47co1_500.gif

1m85gjlmam6w.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Fuck. Yes.

I want an MWO-sculpt Urbie miniature so bad.

• Options
    tumblr_moj1kxqJio1qfy47co1_500.gif
    1m85gjlmam6w.jpg
    Is that the final look for the Urbie, or is that an in process picture?

Either way, looking forward to seeing it get drilled. Well, dremeled and burnt, I guess. But those don't flow off the tongue as easily.

• Options
    Compared to the other models, it's lacking detail paint (cockpit, decals, highlights, etc.) so I suspect that shot was from WiP.

• Options
    That was Viking_Lass just applying the primer coat. The Yellow Masks is the group that Mason's Marauders are fighting on Friday and April (Viking_Lass) continued painting the Urbanmech on her own stream

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    Unnnnggg. That's some good Classic Griffin.

E-CAT35235%20First%20Succession%20War_Cover.jpg?e42d90

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2016

If it's not "Uplifting Military March into Ripping Ensemble Guitar Riffs" I will be salty.

Nips on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

If it's not "Uplifting Military March into Ripping Ensemble Guitar Riffs" I will be salty.

something like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zreA7lYnXs4

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!