Options

COULD YOU IMAGINE THE SMT Persona Thread? IT'S GENIUS!

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I just watched some of the gameplay footage that came after the trailer

I am pretty sure the "Baton Touch" is a turn order change, which I think is super interesting for battle mechanics!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    every game after p4 with the p4 cast has exaggerated the character traits for comic effect

thus, yosuke is supposed to be funny awful by making him more awful. this does not have the intended effect.

he's just an average bummer teen in vanilla

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    With the cast in mind, one thing that I really love about my anticipation of this game is that it's "I really want to get to know these people." If they're anywhere close to the depth of the P4 cast in Vanilla/Golden, this is going to be a real treat. It's a lot different from just looking forward to a story or a battle system.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    every game after p4 with the p4 cast has exaggerated the character traits for comic effect

thus, yosuke is supposed to be funny awful by making him more awful. this does not have the intended effect.

he's just an average bummer teen in vanilla

On the flip side, those games managed to actually give Yukiko a personality

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    well if it exaggerated everyones personality by ten that would bump yukikos .1 to a 1

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    please do not badmouth yukiko, my girlfriend

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    thats rough buddy

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I love all of the persona and character designs so much

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I used to pretty down on Yukiko, but after playing the game a few times, I think she was written with a drier sense of humour than I first realised.

And her ending in P4A is the best ending.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I dated Yukiko my first time through because I didn't realize that Best Girl was joining the party last

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    More than anything I want them to have written social links into the plot somehow.

I'd really like to have to balance actual relationships with having to work together.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I dated all of them because I am a monster

expect the trend to continue

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    More than anything I want them to have written social links into the plot somehow.

I'd really like to have to balance actual relationships with having to work together.

Yeah, better integration of Social Links into the plot is something I've been harping on since 3.

Outside of special events (like the various holiday scenes), SLinks have zero narrative impact outside of themselves. And it's especially weird when you're dating one of your team members and no one ever mentions it.

I personally would be fine with, say, cutting the number of SLinks in half if it meant they were integrated in the main narrative.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Ooooo

Plot-important social links gives me the vapours

Is P5 still coming to PS3 or has that been quietly pushed out of the public consciousness?

God dammit Atlus get on the PC train...!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    It's still coming to PS3, yeah.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    It's still coming to PS3, yeah.

Coming to PS3 in winter 2015.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Yeah, better integration of Social Links into the plot is something I've been harping on since 3.

Outside of special events (like the various holiday scenes), SLinks have zero narrative impact outside of themselves. And it's especially weird when you're dating one of your team members and no one ever mentions it.

I personally would be fine with, say, cutting the number of SLinks in half if it meant they were integrated in the main narrative.

They aren't gonna cut down S. Links cause it would fuck with the Arcana theme.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

ah

but who says there are Arcana this time?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

ah

the sales figures of persona 4, persona 4 golden, persona 4 arena, persona 4 arena ultimax, persona 4 the animation, persona 4 the animation golden, and persona 4 dancing all night

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I started playing Persona 3 Portable again

whoooooops

It's also ridiculous playing on NG+, with maxed stats and level 70 FeMC; I chose beginner because I wanted to rush through the Tartarus part but geez this is kinda too easy

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

ah

Igor, the status menus

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I pre-ordered persona q just so I could finish my set of arcana cards

I have played maybe 10 minutes of that game

there had damn well better be arcana in p5

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    you are slave.

want emancipation?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    you are slave.

want emancipation?

I'm going to guess the most common answer in the context of Persona is "no"

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

whoooooops

It's also ridiculous playing on NG+, with maxed stats and level 70 FeMC; I chose beginner because I wanted to rush through the Tartarus part but geez this is kinda too easy

Give the optional boss a whirl. See how that goes.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Chara CaroliChara Caroli Canes VenaticiRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I pre-ordered persona q just so I could finish my set of arcana cards

Correct, this is good.
    I didn't even own a 3DS when I bought Q.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Sharon Begley
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I just have the persona q set of arcana cards
    I have been half assing it when trying to get the other set

• Options
    Chara CaroliChara Caroli Canes VenaticiRegistered User regular
    I got the other set from Rice Digital. Seems they still have stock of P4AU for Xbox: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/persona-4-arena-ultimax-xbox-360
    Bonus: free t-shirt!

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Sharon Begley
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular

whoooooops

Can I do a NG+ but switch genders?

I'd play FeMC but I wanna keep all my stuff from regular MC.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

whoooooops

Can I do a NG+ but switch genders?

I'd play FeMC but I wanna keep all my stuff from regular MC.

You can!

I didn't realize it so I started a new FeMC game but discovered later that it's possible.

• Options
    http://personacentral.com/persona-5-new-character-names/

names details and Personas for the new cast

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Milady

• Options
    "Initial Persona"

So party member persona upgrades are confirmed then

• Options
    Also I really hope they get Dan Woren back for English Igor, Vic Mignogna was kind of a disaster in Ultimax

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    "Initial Persona"

That would be a weird thing to get rid of.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    "Initial Persona"

Well they were in P3 and P4.

Also I'm guessing they're saving the US release date for E3 if they still saying 2016.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Alright not digging motorcycle persona so that means my 4th party member is down to Adieu girl, New Dude or Art Guy pending the rest of the persona reveals.

• Options
    Milady

bGnnKNl.jpg

M'lady

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Man, I gotta think of a name for the main character

P4 Guy was, of course, Charlie Tunoku

Spinning off of that, P3 Guy was Charles Tunoku

Maybe this guy's a Chuck

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    So obviously Milady is Milady de Winter from The Three Musketeers, right

This discussion has been closed.