Options

moby [chat]

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwaifu has bought the relatively-new office microwave in their office clear out

I have been informed of this in the aftermath

I... I guess it means one less thing to worry about in our move-in?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm American so the HILARIOUS IRONIC RACISM in the UK Office is unbearable.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    hm. friends are talking to me about their professional and personal accomplishments/successes tonight.

and i am over here like. . .well i ate more food today than i thought i would. so. i got that going.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm unimpressed by dril.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    simonwaifu has bought the relatively-new office microwave in their office clear out

congrats

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    At the bar

Notable patrons include:

First non-white girl adult Fro made out with (about a year ago) with her scrublord rasta bf

Rebel war call hollering cowboy duchek

That is all

We should probably text how sad we are at each other

But did you hear how strong my quads getting

castle what's the shoulder muscle

very outside top of shoulder

I need mine to be bigger

upper dorsimus

I may be full of shit, but I think that's actually just the middle deltoid

(Well, actually...)

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    At the bar

Notable patrons include:

First non-white girl adult Fro made out with (about a year ago) with her scrublord rasta bf

Rebel war call hollering cowboy duchek

That is all

We should probably text how sad we are at each other

But did you hear how strong my quads getting

castle what's the shoulder muscle

very outside top of shoulder

I need mine to be bigger

upper dorsimus

I may be full of shit, but I think that's actually just the middle deltoid

(Well, actually...)

nope wrong

proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9IZDInBv1M

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I feel like in my dress those muscles need to be a little bigger to balance the v neck

my arms seem slopey

hgmm

• Options
    i think when there is like a hyper competitive VR game.

i will get it and become the best at it.

that sounds like a good future.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

congrats

we haven't found a place yet, but we're looking

turns out everything is expensive, and she has blackballed my suggestion that we live under a bridge and eat passing billygoats

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

I'm just gonna play holopoint until I'm literally Hanzo irl

• Options
    billygoats are all sinewy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    I feel like in my dress those muscles need to be a little bigger to balance the v neck

my arms seem slopey

hgmm

Ah

Then just shoulder flyes or light presses is what you're looking for

• Options
    edited May 2016
    edit: so needlessly offensive that i can't share the bigotry

facebook gem

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I was gonna say, DUE.

I was gonna say...

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »

here is the real Q

do all of the games sorta kinda suck and do i have time to get in on the ground floor for the first real serious git gud scrub VR multiplayer game?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    knitdan wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Jim is a gigantic asshole.

I hate him for making me like him for so long, then just flat-out making a move on someone's fiancé.

Roy was a violent emotionally abusive dick who Pam was only with out of inertia.

This is spoilery so:
    I thought that was a little bit skeevy on the part of the writing, honestly. Like, Jim is intended to be the PoV character (somewhat), and through him you can relate to something like having an office crush. Then the shows says, 'Well what if the office crush's SO is an asshole? Jim (aka you, the viewer) is such a nice guy! It's okay to make a move if her SO is an asshole,'

That made me so mad. It would be one thing if, say, Pam broke up with Roy and then hit it off with Jim (which as I understand it happened later?) - but the post-poker scene, IMHO, was just an overwhelmingly dickish thing for Jim to do.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    is it intrinsically dickish to pursue someone already in a relationship, or does the moral onus to adhere to monogamy fall on the person in the relationship

i'm gonna go check the mail but i encourage you all to shriek at one another re this topic

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    is it intrinsically dickish to pursue someone already in a relationship, or does the moral onus to adhere to monogamy fall on the person in the relationship

i'm gonna go check the mail but i encourage you all to shriek at one another re this topic

fully depends on whether i am mr. steal-yo-girl or not

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I love in TNG how it looks like Yar is as strong as Superman when she throws a dude because they couldn't be bothered blocking a decent action shot.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    ants in the home are repulsive little shits and they should all be exterminated

sorrynotsorry arch

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

my arms seem slopey

hgmm

Ah

Then just shoulder flyes or light presses is what you're looking for

what's light presses look like

• Options

here is the real Q

do all of the games sorta kinda suck and do i have time to get in on the ground floor for the first real serious git gud scrub VR multiplayer game?

It's really hard to tell if games sorta kinda suck at this point because literally everything is just mind-blowing for the sheer experience of it.

Like, this is week one, and I'm still at the stage where I'm playing a game and I'm like "HOLY SHIT HOW IS THIS A THING I OWN HOW IS THIS SOMETHING I JUST HAVE IN MY HOUSE?"

Playing pretty much anything in VR is just fundamentally more fun than playing a video game. Like, holopoint is an incredibly simple and basic game that would probably be mind-numbing to play on a mouse and keyboard or with a regular controller. But playing it in VR is absurdly enjoyable.

• Options
    edited May 2016

here is the real Q

It's really hard to tell if games sorta kinda suck at this point because literally everything is just mind-blowing for the sheer experience of it.

Like, this is week one, and I'm still at the stage where I'm playing a game and I'm like "HOLY SHIT HOW IS THIS A THING I OWN HOW IS THIS SOMETHING I JUST HAVE IN MY HOUSE?"

Playing pretty much anything in VR is just fundamentally more fun than playing a video game. Like, holopoint is an incredibly simple and basic game that would probably be mind-numbing to play on a mouse and keyboard or with a regular controller. But playing it in VR is absurdly enjoyable.

i mean the wii was cool but i'm wondering if that will wear off

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

here is the real Q

This is absolutely, 100%, not the Wii.

Like, I can't impress upon you, this is by far the most exciting material thing I have ever owned.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

here is the real Q

As someone who has demo'ed a ton of VR... It does wear off, at least for me. But there are still some very cool games, even after the wow factor goes away.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Granted, I'm sure that a lot of the gleam will eventually wear off. It just remains a wholly unique experience that I have never witnessed before any other way.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I would concede and call it 'intrinsically' dickish in a monogamous culture, despite my reluctance to consider any attribute intrinsic, because the pursuit perhaps necessarily clashes with the established culture in conjunction with deceitful, usurpous, and covetous undertones, but there are narrowly constructed justifications and excuses, arguably

erm, that is to say, as it were, like,

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

The pursuit in and of itself is not morally reprehensible.

However, the actions taken based on that knowledge can quickly create a moral quagmire.

If someone on a diet were to be offered ice cream no party could be at fault until an action is taken.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Umm, you nerds should check out Icy's poast in the Frogramming thread in G&T. It's magnificent.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    G&T/Moe's

y'all know what I was talking about.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

The pursuit in and of itself is not morally reprehensible.

However, the actions taken based on that knowledge can quickly create a moral quagmire.

If someone on a diet were to be offered ice cream no party could be at fault until an action is taken.

There is a difference between the desire and the action of course, but I see no difference in 'pursuit' and 'action'

Once an identifiable action is taken to achieve a desire it then turns into a pursuit instead of an idle daydream does it not

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    My opinion has almost always been that the onus is on the person in the relationship not to cheat, while cheating with is just kind of selfish. But that opinion is likely based heavily both on the rather ingrained thoughts of "I'm not going to turn down an opportunity with this girl because she has a boyfriend she hates" and "I'm not going to be mad at the dude involved if my girlfriend cheats on me," both of which I haven't examined but are almost certainly loaded with unpleasant assumptions.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Like, the huge, massive difference is just the sheer physicality of it.

The good VR games are games that you play with your entire body. And not only are you using your entire body to control it, but you feel as though you identify your body as being in this place. It is a really bizarre feeling when a game gives you hands and right away you feel like "these are my hands".

I end up doing things like unconsciously trying to scratch an itch on my arm using my minecraft pick-axe. It's a really fascinating experience.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    I would concede and call it 'intrinsically' dickish in a monogamous culture, despite my reluctance to consider any attribute intrinsic, because the pursuit perhaps necessarily clashes with the established culture in conjunction with deceitful, usurpous, and covetous undertones, but there are narrowly constructed justifications and excuses, arguably

I disagree. For it to be intrinsically dickish it requires a necessarily detrimental outcome for the pursued or at the very least malicious intent.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    G&T/Moe's

y'all know what I was talking about.

I still don't because no link has been provided

This ain't China or Brisbane, you gotta cite them sources

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

he desperately sputters, casting about for any port in a storm to justify his ways

Orphane on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

I disagree. For it to be intrinsically dickish it requires a necessarily detrimental outcome for the pursued or at the very least malicious intent.

I would say there'd need to be enormous caveats for me to be convinced someone stealing another's girlfriend isn't malicious.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    8300 people watching Tpain play overwatch

bloodyroarxx on
This discussion has been closed.