bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    this is already amazing

teammate pops lucio's ult he yells "THIS SHIT IS THE REMIX RIGHT HERE!"

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I would concede and call it 'intrinsically' dickish in a monogamous culture, despite my reluctance to consider any attribute intrinsic, because the pursuit perhaps necessarily clashes with the established culture in conjunction with deceitful, usurpous, and covetous undertones, but there are narrowly constructed justifications and excuses, arguably

erm, that is to say, as it were, like,

I disagree. For it to be intrinsically dickish it requires a necessarily detrimental outcome for the pursued or at the very least malicious intent.

I would say there'd need to be enormous caveats for me to be convinced someone stealing another's girlfriend isn't malicious.
    Stealing? SHE'S NOT PROPERTY YOU PATRIARCHAL SWINE

• Options
    I would concede and call it 'intrinsically' dickish in a monogamous culture, despite my reluctance to consider any attribute intrinsic, because the pursuit perhaps necessarily clashes with the established culture in conjunction with deceitful, usurpous, and covetous undertones, but there are narrowly constructed justifications and excuses, arguably

I disagree. For it to be intrinsically dickish it requires a necessarily detrimental outcome for the pursued or at the very least malicious intent.

I would say there'd need to be enormous caveats for me to be convinced someone stealing another's girlfriend isn't malicious.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Coinage wrote: »

Yeah. I set myself up for that, didn't I? :)

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

It feels like this is going to get into semantics but I think that stealing somebody's SO without considering them is more of a reckless disregard thing than malice.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

One relationship ends and another begins.

or alternatively someone has sex with someone else and a third person never finds out about it.

What is malicious in either instance?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

It feels like this is going to get into semantics but I think that stealing somebody's SO without considering them is more of a reckless disregard thing than malice.

That works too.

• Options

or alternatively someone has sex with someone else and a third person never finds out about it.

dude are you fucking for real?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    due is mister steal yo girl irl confirmed

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    All Jim did, to start with
    was fall in love with a girl he worked with. When the prospect of her actually maybe possibly getting married came along (rather than the perpetual limbo of engagement without a firm date), he decided to let her know how he felt.

And then she rejected him, and he took a job elsewhere and started dating someone else.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    "i don't even have people to show my interest to. . .this is so great for me."

dang t-pain

that pain is real

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I think cheating with and just plain taking someone's girlfriend are different circumstances

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    due is mister steal yo girl irl confirmed
    It's not his fault he's a homewrecker, a startlingly large penis is a terrible burden.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    What's Pain playing on?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

Is that weird? It seems kind of morally clear cut.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I love T-Pain a lot and I feel like he isn't properly respected as an artist

In a different world he would've met the queen

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    What's Pain playing on?

PC

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Like, an ex was dating around (not seriously I don't think? I never found out and I never really cared) and I started talking to her again and made my interest clear

And she cut it off with them and we tried again and it didn't work out

But I don't think what I did was wrong and I'd do it again

Actually I probably wouldn't but that's for different reasons

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I love T-Pain a lot and I feel like he isn't properly respected as an artist

In a different world he would've met the queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIjXUg1s5gc

0:32 - 0:36

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I shoot the hostage.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    T pain was basically a martyr for intentional, obvious autotuning for effect. He knew it sounded good and bumped but pop audiences assumed he was doing it solely because he couldn't sing and didn't have taste.

And three years later or so F.U.N. Literally uses autotune as a guitar solo on Some Nights and people love it.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I mean, the likely alternative is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=surojba7m88

• Options
    T pain was basically a martyr for intentional, obvious autotuning for effect. He knew it sounded good and bumped but pop audiences assumed he was doing it solely because he couldn't sing and didn't have taste.

And three years later or so F.U.N. Literally uses autotune as a guitar solo on Some Nights and people love it.

i mean.

i think he was just tuning the auto tune to the max for funsies and it worked.

songs have been autotuned foreeeeeveeeerr

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Did winky kiss the boy?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options

1. If that true this wouldn't be "stealing," she;'d have broken up before hooking up with another person. That's why it's cheating.

2. If it was a nice thing to do, why did it have to covered up in the first place? Relationships can get broken from this, which is why you want to keep it a secret. Right?

Because she's not your girlfriend (and/or boyfriend) when you're doing it.

If this was on the up-and-up why would she be keeping this from her boyfriend?

• Options

i mean.

i think he was just tuning the auto tune to the max for funsies and it worked.

songs have been autotuned foreeeeeveeeerr

True, but "I recognized this stupid setting that makes my singing sound funny bangs" is still an accomplishment, and he absolutely wasn't a shit singer overcompensating as people at the time believed all autotune was for.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    I wonder if Blizzard would be willing to up the Tickrate in OW

• Options
    edited May 2016

1. If that true this wouldn't be "stealing," she;'d have broken up before hooking up with another person. That's why it's cheating.

2. If it was a nice thing to do, why did it have to covered up in the first place? Relationships can get broken from this, which is why you want to keep it a secret. Right?

1. The fuck are you stealing? You don't have to break up with someone to spend time with someone else.

2. It's not a nice thing or a bad thing. Why does it have to be either?

It could happen independent of the knowledge of the person who has been cheated on and nothing would change.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Is that weird? It seems kind of morally clear cut.

I must disagree with your construction of dickishness: I think that malicious intent is not required to be a dick; only, as milski said, a reckless or callous disregard for another person's considerations. I also wouldn't agree with the alternative explanation that there must be a necessarily detrimental outcome for the pursued as a requirement, because that would require that the morality of an action is determined only by its outcome, which discounts intent, social expectations, and so on entirely, and we're left entirely without common measurements of propriety because I believe that in social interactions the journey is just as important as the outcome, otherwise why do we regard emotions with such importance?

As to your second post, I would say that keeping someone in the dark to something that they may have the right to know for a bevy of reasons is in itself dickish and we don't even have to reach the analysis of whether the covered-up action was dickish

Eddy on
  • Options
    oh my god the music in the background of the t-pain stream oh my god ;-;

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I won cho buddy

I nee cho buddy

Lung you gut me dun knee no buddy

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I put it to you that you need big boy in your life

• Options

Is it...

Is it t-pain

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

is it... is it T-Pain's own music

• Options
    Yesssssss

The masturbatory glee of being first by a pubic hair

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    What have you done chu

• Options
    edited May 2016

is it... is it T-Pain's own music
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Is it...

Is it t-pain

no. the heroic music from Overwatch started playing in the background as he was telling everyone to go live there dreams and not worry about what anyone else thinks as long as they have fun and embrace themselves for who they are.

it got all triumphant and american flag.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Guest wants help calling Europe but I cant help him cause he speaks almost no English and its like man Im so sorry but I don't even know what the problem is cause I cant understand you and viceversa.

• Options

There are several reasons why that last sentence seems flawed to me, notably that it rings of "if you have nothing to hide..." and implies relationships must be free of any hidden information.

Not really taking a stance on the rest, just that I don't really think it's defensible to argue for a blanket distrust of any actions taken without an SOs knowledge.

I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.