Options

moby [chat]

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    If disregarding formalities such as queues is not dickish then we are at an impasse

You were implying some sort of moral obligation to fuck with someone in a relationship.

That really ain't the same implication as not stepping in front of someone in Chipotle and getting your burrito a few seconds faster.

or if you're saying it is your argument just lost a whole hell of a lot of weight.

Theory's the same, the consequence is greater when found out.

I am really confused.

I thought you were arguing some sort of immutable bond in relationships.

I did, the cheating is about stepping in front of someone in a queue. They're not exactly the same, but they're both dickish things to do.
    If disregarding formalities such as queues is not dickish then we are at an impasse

You were implying some sort of moral obligation to fuck with someone in a relationship.

That really ain't the same implication as not stepping in front of someone in Chipotle and getting your burrito a few seconds faster.

or if you're saying it is your argument just lost a whole hell of a lot of weight.

I do not agree in theory. If relationships are to mean anything then they must have some greater sanctity that transcends that of a queue.

It doesn't matter what the relationship is like, it's a relationship - though the better it is the cheater doing it is more dickish.
    Heh. Hilarious when you think about it. People in line for the queue. The queue is sex with you. Getting upset at the order in which the sex happened when everyone was going to do it anyway.

Which is a very human reaction, it's a betrayal. This is not a concept that's fringe, it's the norm. Especially when that someone is married.

I don't really get the bolded part to be honest. I mean I guess I get if you enter into a marriage and except to be in that marriage forever but I can't understand how anyone would like anyone else enough to want to spend their entire life with them either. Which is what marriage implies.

which i don't understand.

wait, how is the bolded part about marriage?

i guess you could replace that with relationship. i don't get that shit either way.

marriages are relationships but I still have no idea what the bolded means or how it refers to relationships

Your dick is an all you can eat buffet and people are arguing over getting the fourth helping when they thought they were the third.

or alternatively someone else dipping into the dick when they called dibs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Now you just sound like someone who wants to be fucked to death by a lifetime's worth of lovers

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    why are you all talking in weird, protracted metaphors

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    I know that we have a neutrinician. Bugman? Nnno. Crawfish Queen? Hmm. E-Econodog??

We have a corgi, two cows, and a shark.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

I am really confused.

I thought you were arguing some sort of immutable bond in relationships.

I did, the cheating is about stepping in front of someone in a queue. They're not exactly the same, but they're both dickish things to do.

I do not agree in theory. If relationships are to mean anything then they must have some greater sanctity that transcends that of a queue.

It doesn't matter what the relationship is like, it's a relationship - though the better it is the cheater doing it is more dickish.
    Heh. Hilarious when you think about it. People in line for the queue. The queue is sex with you. Getting upset at the order in which the sex happened when everyone was going to do it anyway.

Which is a very human reaction, it's a betrayal. This is not a concept that's fringe, it's the norm. Especially when that someone is married.

I don't really get the bolded part to be honest. I mean I guess I get if you enter into a marriage and except to be in that marriage forever but I can't understand how anyone would like anyone else enough to want to spend their entire life with them either. Which is what marriage implies.

which i don't understand.

wait, how is the bolded part about marriage?

i guess you could replace that with relationship. i don't get that shit either way.

marriages are relationships but I still have no idea what the bolded means or how it refers to relationships

Your dick is an all you can eat buffet and people are arguing over getting the fourth helping when they thought they were the third.

or alternatively someone else dipping into the dick when they called dibs.

oh, like that

well yeah it's the latter thing, not anything to do with the order. And, hey, they called dibs, dick move to disrespect that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    To say that you find a relationship an unimaginable outcome due to people fundamentally being incapable of finding sufficient comfort in or liking for each other's company just sounds like you are ready to go Into the quiet dark alone

I accept that.

but i don't think i'm immoral or ethically bankrupt on a fundamental level.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I don't mind a relationship lasting until I'm dead, but being in the same room as other people for a long time is rough.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    A quick glance through the Wikipedia page suggests that neutrinos travel very very very close to the speed of light.

Not sure what escape velocity is referring to.

Apparently 65 billion solar neutrinos per square centimeter of the Earth's surface perpendicular to the Suns rays pass through the Earth every second.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Ohhhhhh. Shit. I just realized that's an awkward position.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Help, I'm trapped on a neutrino.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

because people get bogged down in irrelevant specifics otherwise instead of having a common understanding of what the subject is on a more basic level

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I don't mind a relationship lasting until I'm dead, but being in the same room as other people for a long time is rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJMfue_HX-Q

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016

because people get bogged down in irrelevant specifics otherwise instead of having a common understanding of what the subject is on a more basic level

n word you just did the thing you talked about

(. . .not even going to edit. that was stream of consciousness.)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    metaphors are useful

people often allow them to grow unwieldy and then you obfuscate the conversation more than you would have otherwise

• Options
    To say that you find a relationship an unimaginable outcome due to people fundamentally being incapable of finding sufficient comfort in or liking for each other's company just sounds like you are ready to go Into the quiet dark alone

I accept that.

Plus it could get the person doing the cheating into serious trouble in a divorce.

This was actually a thing.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life/private-eyes-dread-a-return-to-infidelity-on-camera-20090713-ditv.html
    Australia's private investigators can recall the boom days of a seedy, sordid business, when a spouse would go to such extremes to get a divorce. Until the arrival of no-fault divorce laws in 1975, a marriage could not be dissolved unless one spouse was found, in effect, to be the guilty party. Commonly it was for adultery, more often for desertion. Otherwise cruelty, drunkenness, imprisonment or insanity might be grounds for divorce.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Help, I'm trapped on a neutrino.

Honey, I Disproved the HIggs-Boson

• Options

I accept that.

Plus it could get the person doing the cheating into serious trouble in a divorce.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life/private-eyes-dread-a-return-to-infidelity-on-camera-20090713-ditv.html
    Australia's private investigators can recall the boom days of a seedy, sordid business, when a spouse would go to such extremes to get a divorce. Until the arrival of no-fault divorce laws in 1975, a marriage could not be dissolved unless one spouse was found, in effect, to be the guilty party. Commonly it was for adultery, more often for desertion. Otherwise cruelty, drunkenness, imprisonment or insanity might be grounds for divorce.

That's not a matter of ethics. That's a matter of litigation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    metaphors are useful

people often allow them to grow unwieldy and then you obfuscate the conversation more than you would have otherwise

Similies are easier to use, like using a fork over chopsticks

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    A quick glance through the Wikipedia page suggests that neutrinos travel very very very close to the speed of light.

Not sure what escape velocity is referring to.

Apparently 65 billion solar neutrinos per square centimeter of the Earth's surface perpendicular to the Suns rays pass through the Earth every second.

250?cb=20131207211023

• Options

no, misunderstand me right, I am praising the current discussion, because with every new dick-dressing-bowl metaphor we move away from the specifics and closer to the true nature of things, which is good!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    metaphors are useful

Would you say like a bonsai or more like a hedge fence

• Options
    edited May 2016

no, misunderstand me right, I am praising the current discussion, because with every new dick-dressing-bowl metaphor we move away from the specifics and closer to the true nature of things, which is good!

you're not an americarino so there was probably less of a knee-jerk when I dropped an N mentally.

but i see what yr goin 4

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Maaaaan more and more people are saying that X-Men: Apocalypse is bad. I dunno if I should see it then.

• Options
    edited May 2016

I accept that.

Actually, it's both. Both are good reasons not to do it to someone you are in a relationship with, because when it comes out there will be hell to pay for it.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Maaaaan more and more people are saying that X-Men: Apocalypse is bad. I dunno if I should see it then.

Not bad, merely good.

• Options

It is a serviceable popcorn flick. It's not like Fant4stic terrible or Civil War great, just mostly forgettable, albeit with a Magneto story that raises some eyebrows

• Options
    edited May 2016

I accept that.

Actually, it's both.

Can't argue that but I think ethical considerations trump litigation. So, yes in some judicial systems you have an onus to help someone avoid litigation by not indulging in public of perceivable (i used a fake word to mean have sex with someone who is cheating)

Just in case a P.I. is watching you.

but if there isn't.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Having exclusively watched the cartoon in the 90s and never reading the comics or playing any games, I have absolutely no emotional attachment to Psylocke

• Options

It is a serviceable popcorn flick. It's not like Fant4stic terrible or Civil War great, just mostly forgettable, albeit with a Magneto story that raises some eyebrows

Okay guess I will still see it on Sunday then.

• Options
    edited May 2016

I accept that.

Actually, it's both.

Can't argue that but I think ethical considerations trump litigation. So, yes in some judicial systems you have an onus of responsibility to help someone avoid litigation by not indulging in adulteress.

Sure, but they are a factor.

but if there isn't.

If a good P.I. is watching how will you know about it before it's too late?

Harry Dresden on
  • Options

I accept that.

Actually, it's both.

Can't argue that but I think ethical considerations trump litigation. So, yes in some judicial systems you have an onus of responsibility to help someone avoid litigation by not indulging in adulteress.

but if there isn't.

I accept that.

Actually, it's both.

but if there isn't.

You've argued that the action in-of-itself is wrong and that the action is wrong because of how it relates to the litigation and perceptions that are applied to it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    selena it's okay if you can't keep your hands to yourself I can keep my hands on you instead

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    You've argued that the action in-of-itself is wrong and that the action is wrong because of how it relates to the litigation and perceptions that are applied to it.

Yes? Something can be wrong in more than one way.

• Options
    Debating and Yu-Gi-Oh are basically the same thing.

They both end with "AHA! You have activated my trap card!"

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_eMCGK51CA

"now if i fuck this model. and she just bleached her asshole. and i get bleach on my t-shirt. i'm going to feel like an asshole. now. . .i was high when i met her. we was down at Tribeca. she'll get under your skin if you let her. . .I don't even want to talk about it."

the realest shit 2k16

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    What's the escape-velocity from a neutrino?

Not very much. Their mass is something like 0.5eV

Let me get back to my desk and I'll give you a number

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Yes? Something can be wrong in more than one way.

I don't agree

the ethics of an action and the legality of it are, at best, tangents

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Having exclusively watched the cartoon in the 90s and never reading the comics or playing any games, I have absolutely no emotional attachment to Psylocke

: (

But she is the best

She's a posh English psychic ninja with all of the legs. Just so much leg

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jesus, those GTX1080's out in the wild

This discussion has been closed.