Options

[Phalla] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Fall of Atlanta [Giovanni & Camarilla Victory!]

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Haha, excellent ending. I'm looking forward to seeing all the disciplines.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The Anarch ability to eliminate Sabbat was mind-boggling, by the way.

YES! They did our job for us. Strangely that does still fit the Lore though.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Really fun game! I'm not surprised my revenge hail-mary didn't work, but hey, a Sabbat can hope, right? I'll unlock the sabbat boards, gimme a sec. Thanks for hosting, @cj iwakura

I could have told you that wasn't going to work. :P I can't say if you would have lasted the entire game, but hey, the Giovanni did.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So what saved me the night Virgil tried to kill me?

It failed. Protean 2 had a 50/50 chance to kill.

Only Potence 3 was a surefire kill, which no one took.

also yeah it bears repeating after every "choose your points" game

it is almost always worth it to specialize, never to generalize, barring very specific accidental combinations that the host overlooked

there's basically never a time where you want to just spread out and do several things poorly instead of one thing well in phalla

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I kept expecting someone to kill kime and was actually really eager to see what 38th or Ahava would do with Prince if they had it.

I thought for a while Ahava dying meant the Anarchs were trying to rig the seneschal vote, then kill kime, but it didn't end up making any sense with the rest of the evidence available.

FWIW, if I'd been driving, it'd have been Bedlam + 38th or Gizzy dead the night we took out Zinfandel / Jaysonfour with the vote. Would've worked out better for me.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Really fun game! I'm not surprised my revenge hail-mary didn't work, but hey, a Sabbat can hope, right? I'll unlock the sabbat boards, gimme a sec. Thanks for hosting, "cj iwakura"

Yeah, in case anyone missed it, Raiden came to me going, "hi, I'm the last Sabbat, just let me get revenge on the Anarchs and we can play nice? "

I would have let him live longer, but ahava talked me down from the edge haha

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Reaching end game as mafia is super stressful.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

it is almost always worth it to specialize, never to generalize, barring very specific accidental combinations that the host overlooked

there's basically never a time where you want to just spread out and do several things poorly instead of one thing well in phalla

It was that you could only use a level 3 every other night that made me shy away from it. I was also dumb and didn't realize that having a level 3 mean I could still use the power at a level 2.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Admission time, I honestly thought Kine was Anarch starting Day 3 and thought I was helping an Anarch victory (or really, not stopping their victory). It wasn't until yesterday that I finally came out and ask e him just to tell me his side so I could push for that side.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Clan Ventrue for life!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Disciplines

I'm surprised more people didn't go lore-mining Gehenna for the disciplines, as they were mostly the same, but I made some tweaks for balance... to mixed results, as I'm sure most will attest.
    Basic Animalism (This actually got some use this time!)
    Level 1: Feral Whispers - cause a player's vote to be cast against someone else.
    Note: others with Animalism will be unaffected, and will recognize your tongue.
    Level 2: Quell The Beast - disable a player's action for that night. This can not be used on a player consecutively.
    Level 3: Drawing Out The Beast - disable a player completely. They will be effectively comatose for one night, unable to vote or act. However, they will recover on the next night. You can not target a player consecutively with this ability.

Basic Auspex
    Heightened Senses - choose to observe a player, and you will know what action they performed that night.
    Intermediate Auspex
    Aura Perception - determine a player's clan affiliation.
    Advanced Auspex
    Telepathy - determine a player's sect affiliation.

Celerity (Brujah, Toreador, Assamite, Caitiff)
    Alacrity - passive ability. Ensures your actions will take priority no matter what, even in event of your death.
    Rapidity - swift movement allows you to evade one action taken against you that night.
    Advanced Celerity
    Fleetness - inhuman speed will allow you to evade ALL actions directed at you on that night.

Chimerstry (Ravnos) (WHY DOES NO ONE EVER USE THIS!? :( )
    Level 1: Ignus Fatuus - a simple illusion that shrouds your vote. Your public vote can say one thing, while in private, you submit an entirely different one.
    Level 2: Apparition - you can cast an illusion onto another player or yourself, creating the impression that they're performing an action of your design. This action will not actually take place, but it will appear as if that player performed it.
    Level 3: Horrid Reality - your illusions are so powerful that they have a tangible form. You can conjure an illusion of a player or yourself taking an action which will actually take place, though its effect will be limited.

Dementation (Malkavian)

The Haunting - you can create apparitions capable of affecting a player's perception of reality. This can distort the results received in PMs, or potentially have other unforeseen effects.
    Eyes of Chaos - you can peer through the fabric of reality to discern the true insight of matters. This is a broad-natured ability; you can either focus on a player, or attempt to get a broader picture of events in general.
    Total Insanity - target a player, and that person will be afflicted with three randomly selected Derangements for the next day. You can not target a player consecutively with this ability.

Dominate (Ventrue, Lasombra, Tremere, Giovanni, Caitiff)

Basic Dominate
    Command - you can cause a player's vote to be cast towards someone else. They will be aware of having been Commanded, though not by whom. This can not be used on a player consecutively.

Intermediate Dominate
    Mezmerize - you can direct a player's ability, if any, towards a player of your choosing. They be aware of being Mezmerized, but not by whom. This can not be used on a player consecutively.

Advanced Dominate
    Suppression - you can selectively subdue the memory of a player, and cause them to temporarily lose access to their abilities. They will be aware of being Supressed, but not by whom. This can not be used on a player consecutively.

Fortitude (Gangrel, Ventrue, Ravnos, Samedi, Caitiff)
    Level 1: Endurance - you can negate an ability usage.
    Level 2: Resilience - you can survive one attempt against your life, excluding the Vote or the Prince.
    Aegis -You will survive ALL attempts on your life automatically, should you make use of this Discipline(excludes the Vote and the Prince). It will not work on consecutive nights.
    Aegis usage is not mandatory - you can opt to use one of the lesser levels instead, but their restrictions still apply, and Aegis will not take effect if you are not utilizing it on that key night.

Note: you can use Fortitude to guard others, but you run the risk of perishing in your target's place.

Necromancy (Giovanni)

Path of Sepulchre
    The ability to have ghosts do your bidding.
    Level 1: Insight - by examining a corpse, you can learn something about the last moment before they perished.
    Level 2: Compel Soul - command a dead player to share their secrets with you. The ghosts of the dead will communicate through the GM, and at their leisure.
    Level 3: Haunting - bind the Wraith of a dead player to another player for the following night. This will cause their thoughts and feelings to torment the victim, as conveyed by the GM.

Path of Ash
    The ability to affect the land of the dead.
    1: Lifeless Tongues (May allow a dead player to speak publicly in the thread once)
    2: Ex Nihilo (May freely interact with dead players for a single night)
    3: Shroud Mastery (may force another vampire through the Shroud. If successful, the targeted player may ONLY interact with the dead for one full day)

Path of Bones
    Level 1: Tremens - give a corpse a spark of life. The dead player will be able to make one post, which may convey whatever they want to say.
    Level 2: Shambling Hordes - summon a corpse from the dead. This will give the dead player the ability to vote with the living, for one night only. After this they will suffer Final Death. The dead player will not be able to speak; only vote.
    Level 3: Soul Steal - you can remove the soul from a player, rendering them effectively dead for a single night. This will render them incapable of posting or voting until the start of the next night, at which point they will return to normal.
    Should they be targeted on the day in which their soul is removed, they can still perish. This ability can not be used on the same player more than once.

Obfuscate
    Level 1: Cloak of Shadows - With this ability in play, you will not be required to cast a vote in public; you can make it via PM. Any vote cast in the thread on a day this ability is used will not be counted.
    Level 2: Unseen Presence - you can mask your actions and identity from detection on that night.
    Level 3: Cloak The Gathering - utilize either Level 1 or 2 Obfuscate on a group of up to three people.

Obtenebration

Level 1: Shadow Play - disorient a player's actions with shadow manipulation, causing their target to be randomized. This can not be used on a player consecutively.
    Level 2: Shroud of Night - disorient the results of all actions sent in during a particular hour. This action must be used during that hour. (This hour can be stated in advance, if desired.) Players will be aware of the Shroud's invocation.
    Level 3: Tenebrous Form - will protect you from all forms of assault for one night(excluding the vote or the Prince), or allow you to assault a target. However, your nightmarish form will be plainly apparent to those who see it.

Potence (Brujah, Giovanni, Lasombra, Nosferatu, Caitiff)
    Level 1: Prowess - your blow will disorient a player's actions, causing them to hit a random target.
    Level 2: Vigor - you have the potential to overwhelm a player's defenses with an attack, disabling their action for that night. This can not be used on a player consecutively.
    Level 3: Puissance - a single blow from you can completely remove a protected player's defenses, and destroy an unguarded one.

Presence (Toreador, Ventrue, Setite, Caitiff)

Level 1: Awe - you can use your charm on a player who cast a vote against you and cause their vote will be cast against someone else. They will be aware of this ability's usage.
    Level 2: Dread Gaze - when used on a player who targeted you with an ability, the ability will be directed at someone else. They will be aware of this ability's usage.
    Level 3: Majesty - protects the user from all ability usages for that night. (Excluding the Vote and the Prince)
    The usage of Majesty will be plainly apparent to all, as your social aura is overwhelming to all in your vicinity.

Protean (Gangrel)

Level 1: Eyes of the Beast - allows complete focus of your abilities in total darkness, or during other hindrances. Passive.
    Level 2: Feral Claws - allows you to attack a player with razor sharp talons. This may not kill a player, but it can severely hamper their functions. If it fails to kill, their ability will be disabled for that night. This can not be used on a player consecutively.
    Level 3: Mist Form - renders you immune to attack for one night. However, those that target you will be aware of how you survived.

Serpentis (Setites)

Level 1: The Eyes of the Serpent - prevents a player from using their ability for one night. However, they will be aware of your serpentine nature. This can not be used on a player consecutively.
    Level 2: Skin of the Adder - this durable serpentine form offers added protection against assault, but may not guarantee survival on successive usages.
    Level 3: The Heart of Darkness - you have the ability to remove your heart, and may hide it away with another player if you desire. Unless the player you have entrusted this possession to perishes, you are immune to most conventional assaults.

However, this player will be aware of the object they've come into possession of, and they may do with this information what they will. Should the person in possession of your heart die, you will die as well.

Thaumaturgy

As always, ton of missed potential.

Hands of Destruction
    Level 1: Gnarl Wood - destroy all stakes in a player's possession.
    Level 2: Decay - usage of this ability will render the victim with the corrupt appearance of a Nosferatu. This will have no effect on a Nosferatu or a Samedi, but the victim will be made aware of your action.
    Level 3: Turn To Dust - - inflicts the decay of the dying upon the victim, and they will gradually weaken as time goes on. This can have a variety of effects, including the disabling of Disciplines, as well as reducing their capacity for survival. This can not be used on a player consecutively, and the target will be aware of your attack.

Path of Blood (Preda)
    Level 1: Taste of Vitae - You may determine a player's Discipline allotment.
    Level 2: Blood Rage - You can incite a player into a Frenzy, randomizing their Discipline usage.
    Level 3: Cauldron of Blood - You can boil a player's blood, either stopping their capacity for action that night or inflicting severe harm. This can not be used on a player consecutively.

Path of Conjuring (Creo Materia)
    Level 1: Summon The Simple Form - conjure a stake into your possession. You may only use one at a time, and it may not be used until the next night.
    Level 2: Magic of the Smith - create a fake item, to distribute at your leisure. This item may give the impression that it has whatever ability you wish for it to convey, but it will actually have no effect for its user whatsoever.
    Level 3: Power Over Life - create a Simulcra that lasts for one night. All powers used on you are instead used on your Simulcra, which then vanishes. This is a one-time use ritual.

Path of Flame
    Level 1: Hand of Flame - Send a player into Rotschreck for one night, disabling that player's capacity to use abilities.
    Level 2: Flame Bolt - ignites player, will severely damage or hamper abilities, can decimate creatures weak to flame.
    Level 3: Firestorm - a group variant of Bonfire, capable of affecting up to three players. Can also affect those in close proximity(due to discipline usage).

Movement of Mind
    Level 1: Force Bolt - disorients a player's ability usage.
    Level 2: Manipulate - redirects a player's ability(whatever it is) to a certain target.
    Level 3: Repulse - negate all attacks directed at your person.

Viscissitude (Tzimisce)
    Malleable Visage - you can alter your appearance to that of any clan, but after that night, you will revert to a Tzimisce. You can not mimic the same clan twice.
    Fleshcraft - You can use Malleable Visage on a victim. They will be aware that they've been Fleshcrafted, and they will keep that appearance for the following night.
    Horrid Form - this nightmarish form offers added protection, as well as a means of attack on a player. However, your unnatural appearance will be evident to all.

For you Malkies:
      Fractured Tongue - At least one of your posts must be conveyed through Babelfish, utilizing at least least three consecutive translations(I.E. Spanish to Russian then back to English). The resulting post must be made in English. This must convey a clear thought, of at least two sentences, and may not simply be a random comment. Fugue - if subject to a stressful situation, you may black out and render yourself inable to perform any actions that night. Hallucinations - You hear the voices of the dead speaking to you. (Or do you?) You can convey their thoughts into the thread publicly. After the death of a player, you will find yourself compelled to share their wisdom with the living; whether it is genuine or not. Hysteria - At least once per day, you must quote at least one person who posts immediately before you, and respond with at least three sentences in a frothing rage, screaming at their words and taking the opposing viewpoint, no matter what it is or even if you change your mind and disagree with yourself immediately afterwards. Manic-Depression - Your mood swings at complete random, due to periods of stress. In difficult situations, you find yourself feeling either excessively hyper, or exceedingly depressed. Megalomania - You are the best, and you know it. You can't help but offer up your own name when it comes to selecting someone for a position of power or trust. Multiple Personalities - You have constructed multiple facades of yourself to hide your scarred mentality. Each post of yours must reflect a distinctly unique personality, to be constructed at your leisure. Earlier personalities can be reverted to, but you can not use the same personality in successive posts. Obsessive / Compulsive - You have a certain habit that you must convey in some part of each of your posts, be it a way of speech, using a certain phrase, posting in certain formats, etc. Regression - In periods of stress, such as being subject to a vote, you find yourself subverted to a child-like state, which must be reflected in your posts should this situation come to pass. This can either be conveyed as a whimsical mood, or a temper tantrum. Schizophrenia - Your inner conflict has inflicted you with visions of things that should not be, pursuing your every move. Each of your posts should reflect the affects these disorienting visions have upon you.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    (unlife)

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    @chamberlain you around to unlock pro boards?

• Options
    If that kill on me would have worked it would have been quite different. I wouldn't had vouched for Kime -- and I wouldn't have learned who hit me for when I came back from the dead.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Everyone wants me dead.

I usually go celerity three in these games which never works out to being useful. So I thought I'd go for something that didn't seem useful and was annoyed when it wasn't. Not sure why I didn't go potency because there were so many people I wanted to kill.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Admission time, I honestly thought Kine was Anarch starting Day 3 and thought I was helping an Anarch victory (or really, not stopping their victory). It wasn't until yesterday that I finally came out and ask e him just to tell me his side so I could push for that side.

Yeah, I was wondering about it myself, but it made even less sense than any of the other scenarios.

@Gizzy, what happened with the Virgil vote?

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Also, the clarification I got about my soul steal that I didn't share was that it would remove a prince from their role of used in them.

So towards end game I was trying to put myself in the 2nd place spot to decide if I wanted to turn and just take the Prince spot for myself.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Also, the clarification I got about my soul steal that I didn't share was that it would remove a prince from their role of used in them.

So towards end game I was trying to put myself in the 2nd place spot to decide if I wanted to turn and just take the Prince spot for myself.

It would have been futile, my power was unending

Steam profile
  • Options
    I was PMing the Malkavians throughout the game, as the Malkavian Madness Network, warning them about the Eye of Gehenna. I have no idea if any of them caught on.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Yeah, I was wondering about it myself, but it made even less sense than any of the other scenarios.

@Gizzy, what happened with the Virgil vote?

He kept encouraging us to vote for him.
    And I thought he looked fishy enough that it'd pick up steam so wanted to get in on that early.
    Didn't realize he had such a tight in with you guys.

• Options
    also while i would have advocated a kime kill at some point in the game sooner than what happened i don't think it's crazy to presume that the first half of the game the prince is probably guarded or driven or all sorts of things that can cause a lot of problems

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Unfortunately I had nothing to really say after I died, also was only available in the last 2 hours so did not want to mess any plans up.

Looks like the mafias mostly just tried to lay low and let the village tear itself apart, not surprised it was so close. I should have chosen my powers, but it was still fun.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »

Gizzy, what happened with the Virgil vote?

He kept encouraging us to vote for him.
    And I thought he looked fishy enough that it'd pick up steam so wanted to get in on that early.
    Didn't realize he had such a tight in with you guys.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I really did think he was village at the time.

I had pretty ok mafia radar this game, but not great. It's tough when all you can do is softnet and hope for the best. The sheer number of kills in play, plus double mafias, made it really hard to get decent vote records going.

• Options
    MartossMartoss Registered User regular
    GG. Sad to die so early, but it was still fun to watch from the sidelines. Pretty awesome that it came down to one Giovanni left standing at the end.

• Options
    Also, Leopold/Bedlam's kill didn't take affect until the Sabbat died(or the Anarchs). Hopefully that didn't make it too hard on him, but he did dang well, all things considered. He was the SK.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    also also i think future vtm games might need to aggressively mix up the powers, if another "choose your power" set-up gets used

at this point most people have sussed out What's The Kill, What's The Seer

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Martoss wrote: »
    GG. Sad to die so early, but it was still fun to watch from the sidelines. Pretty awesome that it came down to one Giovanni left standing at the end.

I didn't mean to get you murdered but it gave us gnome I think!

Was a lot of fun CJ thanks for hosting!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    also while i would have advocated a kime kill at some point in the game sooner than what happened i don't think it's crazy to presume that the first half of the game the prince is probably guarded or driven or all sorts of things that can cause a lot of problems

Totally not crazy. As the game went on, I expected my death more and more haha

Hey Austin, gg at the end here. It was a good plan top just kill everyone.

cj, is there a reason Gizzy got the kill off even while I roleblocked her?

Steam profile
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
  • Options
    also also i think future vtm games might need to aggressively mix up the powers, if another "choose your power" set-up gets used

The blood economy @Assuran imposed on us did a good job of making it more useful to pick a mixed bag of stuff, but yeah.

Clearly it means we should run a Werewolf phalla instead because good luck figuring Gifts out.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

The anarch kill isn't attached to anyone

I TOLD YOU YOU WERE MAKING SHIT UP

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

She Dread Gazed you.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    li9msfqot07v.png

Nope. You put me in charge, everyone is gonna die

Steam profile
  • Options
    prob b/c I used my gaze on you - bus drove your role block off of me

• Options
    li9msfqot07v.png

... I did, but I couldn't try to talk anyone around because I was a ghost.

Good choice of avatar swap on my part, really.

• Options

The anarch kill isn't attached to anyone

I TOLD YOU YOU WERE MAKING SHIT UP

Oh. Huh. That was convenient I guess.

Steam profile
  • Options

The blood economy @Assuran imposed on us did a good job of making it more useful to pick a mixed bag of stuff, but yeah.

Clearly it means we should run a Werewolf phalla instead because good luck figuring Gifts out.

Or run a MAGE game!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular

I get what your saying, but how is auspex ever not going to be the seer power. It's literally super senses, right?

And similarly, potency is pretty much always going to be a kill. Protean and Vicissitude have enough other stuff going on they can be mixed up, but I'm not sure how many non-thaumaturgy disciplines could take their place?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options

Or run a MAGE game!

As a huge Mage fan, I'd love to, and Awakening would totally work. You want to talk about some OP abilities, though...

Also, much respect to Assuran, but if you think I have the capacity to deal with a blood economy mechanic on top of everything else you would be dead wrong.

wVEsyIc.png