As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]to[chat]

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    But the Alamo doesn't have a basement.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Round.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @porp pic too big again :<

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I did not realize that sex toys are unregulated, meaning you can buy a toxic thing that says "non toxic!" on the box but it's totally not.

Thaaaat's weird.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I did not realize that sex toys are unregulated, meaning you can buy a toxic thing that says "non toxic!" on the box but it's totally not.

Thaaaat's weird.

tort tho

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I heard from a quaternary source that Cruz pulled trumps still beating heart out of his chest.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    ronya wrote: »
    I've hit my first legitimate Windows 10 gripe.

I have an old (motherboard is from 2004-ish) cobbled together Windows 7 PC I use as a server for the HTPC, since the actual HTPC can hold at best two HDDs. The server is populated with 2 and 3tb drives. Everything gets recognized fine. I upgrade it to Windows 10 and suddenly the 3tb drives aren't recognized. They show up as unformatted raw drives. Any attempt at formatting them wants to make them 2tb drives. Dropping them back in an Windows 7 box they immediately show up as formatted, 3tb drives with all the files intact. Apparently the only way to have a functioning single-volume 3tb drive in Windows 10 is to have an UEFI bios, which of course this motherboard won't ever have. Yet it works just fine on Windows 7...

it's missing drivers, just install the drivers

e: you may have to run windows update a few times too

I've updated the Intel RST driver, still no luck.

no, it probably needs the seagate/wd/whatever ones

intel rst is another thing altogether

Windows 10 had an update. Updated, rebooted, whatever it was, suddenly it's showing up as the full 3 (or, 2.72 to be exact)tb raw, formattable drive.

Just went ahead and awesomed everybody because I just wanted to gripe and you were all helpful.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Thaaaat's weird.

tort tho

You can't just call someone a tortoise, ronya

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Ted Cruz for Magical Girl.

• Options
    I've hit my first legitimate Windows 10 gripe.

I have an old (motherboard is from 2004-ish) cobbled together Windows 7 PC I use as a server for the HTPC, since the actual HTPC can hold at best two HDDs. The server is populated with 2 and 3tb drives. Everything gets recognized fine. I upgrade it to Windows 10 and suddenly the 3tb drives aren't recognized. They show up as unformatted raw drives. Any attempt at formatting them wants to make them 2tb drives. Dropping them back in an Windows 7 box they immediately show up as formatted, 3tb drives with all the files intact. Apparently the only way to have a functioning single-volume 3tb drive in Windows 10 is to have an UEFI bios, which of course this motherboard won't ever have. Yet it works just fine on Windows 7...

it's missing drivers, just install the drivers

e: you may have to run windows update a few times too

I've updated the Intel RST driver, still no luck.

no, it probably needs the seagate/wd/whatever ones

intel rst is another thing altogether

Windows 10 had an update. Updated, rebooted, whatever it was, suddenly it's showing up as the full 3 (or, 2.72 to be exact)tb raw, formattable drive.

Just went ahead and awesomed everybody because I just wanted to gripe and you were all helpful.

well it should show up with all the files intact too!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Thaaaat's weird.

tort tho

You can't just call someone a tortoise, ronya

how about blastoise

can i call thema blastoise

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Argh. Nevermind. Formatting it fails, deleting the raw 2.72 tb volume drops it back to just a single 2tb unallocated space. Back to the drawing board.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    stranger days is definitely distilled 80s memories @Jacobkosh
    i'm already having flashbacks to getting creeped out by the xfiles. okay that's 90s but whatever.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Okay good night [chat]

Today was a big day, tomorrow is rounding up to be a toughy too
    Be good to yourself and to each other <3

And vote your conscience.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Okay good night [chat]

Today was a big day, tomorrow is rounding up to be a toughy too
    Be good to yourself and to each other <3

And vote your conscience.

Good luck tomorrow @BeNarwhal you did good today, I'm sure you'll do well tomorrow.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow mom's going to be taking me to somebody who could prescribe me something to deal with life in general.

It's super scary.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    update on New Chattersville in Rimworld: it's been hard times

In addition to the usual pirate attacks there was a massive raid by hostile tribesmen
    http://i.imgur.com/3tevU0T.png

During that attack Elldren 's left eye was cut out, DasUberEdward lost her right ear and everyone got cut up pretty bad

Then a hive of giant insects burst through the floor in the sleeping quarters
    http://i.imgur.com/NX9hOu0.png

Shortly afterwards Chanus , OnTheLastCastle and Orphane came down with gut worms and a spaceship full of killer robots crashed nearby.

But that was actually the turning point. Chanus had picked up a good quality charge rifle from a pirate and just laid waste to the mechanoids (one scyther and two centipedes). Orphane and @SanderJK finally shacked up. And Chanus just finished installing Elldren's new bionic eye. It gives her super vision powers.

Winter is nearly over and none too soon as food is running low.

@RiemannLives It was not a vital ear.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I'm eating ice cream snickers, and none of you can stop me!

I can't even stop myself.

*stares into the middle distance*

• Options
    due, you should demand a bionic ear too

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    organichu Thomamelas after all that today, i come home to two separate credit card offers from airlines

united is offering 50k miles if i spend $2000 in 3 months? that's cake
    is there any reason i SHOULDN'T do this? if i pay it off and then just sit on it, does bad stuff happen?

@y2jake215

So the questions become if you it's the right fit. What airlines are you going to be flying? You'd be going out of LAX or SNA so United is an option. But if you generally fly Southwest or JetBlue then it doesn't make sense.

The next is what kind of miles are they. The coveted ones are PQMs. Those tend to be actual miles flown and count toward airline status. Lots of credit card points don't qualify for status. But some do. So read the fine print. And lots of carriers still have a minimum segment requirement for status. Meaning flights in which your ass is in the seat.

However, if you're someone who flies a lot for someone without a travel job, an airline credit card gives you lots of the benefits of status. Early boarding and so on. As for cost, is there a yearly fee? Are their other fees for not using it? You need to look at the numbers. Personally I'd say no but that's my take.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    MrMister wrote: »

My team did great today despite weird circumstances. I ordered the closers a pizza and I only ate like, the cheese off one slice

*flexes, weeps*

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Scars look tough though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Scars look tough though.

but DUE

think about it

laser ear

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    omg temple of the dog are doing a reunion tour

@spool32 @syndalis

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

omg

Temple of the Dog 2016 Tour Dates:
    11/04 – Philadelphia, Pa. @ Tower Theater
    11/07 – New York, N.Y. @ Madison Square Garden
    11/11 – San Francisco, Calif. @ Bill Graham Civic Center
    11/14 – Los Angeles, Calif. @ The Forum
    11/20 – Seattle, Wash. @ Paramount Theater

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    omg temple of the dog are doing a reunion tour

spool32 syndalis

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

omg

Temple of the Dog 2016 Tour Dates:
    11/04 – Philadelphia, Pa. @ Tower Theater
    11/07 – New York, N.Y. @ Madison Square Garden
    11/11 – San Francisco, Calif. @ Bill Graham Civic Center
    11/14 – Los Angeles, Calif. @ The Forum
    11/20 – Seattle, Wash. @ Paramount Theater

ffffffff

I will not be able to go to any of those

ffffffffffffffff

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

My team did great today despite weird circumstances. I ordered the closers a pizza and I only ate like, the cheese off one slice

*flexes, weeps*

Order yourself chicken wings next time bossman!!!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Stranger Things has such a good soundtrack and those kids all deserve emmy nods.

• Options
    Stranger Things has such a good soundtrack and those kids all deserve emmy nods.

Theme song still messing with my head

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

*flexes, weeps*

Order yourself chicken wings next time bossman!!!

There's an idea

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Good day today.

Met my best bro/brother from not my parents at his place. Took the train downtown for lunch. Went to the Rockies, talked, introduced him to bumble which was entertaining. Then another beer, road the train back, went to his dad's place had burgers and homemade pie.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx are you in Denver?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Also the New Order track they used in the beginning of episode 5 or 6 was amazingly used.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    update on New Chattersville in Rimworld: it's been hard times

In addition to the usual pirate attacks there was a massive raid by hostile tribesmen
    http://i.imgur.com/3tevU0T.png

During that attack Elldren 's left eye was cut out, DasUberEdward lost her right ear and everyone got cut up pretty bad

Then a hive of giant insects burst through the floor in the sleeping quarters
    http://i.imgur.com/NX9hOu0.png

Shortly afterwards Chanus , OnTheLastCastle and Orphane came down with gut worms and a spaceship full of killer robots crashed nearby.

But that was actually the turning point. Chanus had picked up a good quality charge rifle from a pirate and just laid waste to the mechanoids (one scyther and two centipedes). Orphane and SanderJK finally shacked up. And Chanus just finished installing Elldren's new bionic eye. It gives her super vision powers.

Winter is nearly over and none too soon as food is running low.

am i still beautiful tho

• Options
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Mazzyx are you in Denver?

I am.

Well Castle Rock right now at my parents.

Tomorrow doing dinner with a friend. Friday is Star Trek with the family and maybe fancy dinner but that might Saturday.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I'm still kinda sad that when Temple of the Dog had DLC come out for RB4 it was Hunger Strike and not this song

I mean, I love Hunger Strike too

But this song

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I should've probably gone to bed a bit earlier, but better late than never I guess.

G'night.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    What bullshit old person band are you guys talking about

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

Dustin is an amazing character.

• Options

I'm still kinda sad that when Temple of the Dog had DLC come out for RB4 it was Hunger Strike and not this song

I mean, I love Hunger Strike too

But this song

yeah

but I can sing Verrer's line rather than Cornell's and thank goodness for that because otherwise I'd just be playing the lead parts.

This discussion has been closed.