Options

Bojack Horseman: Free Churros

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I really just want to know what actually happened on the boat. I guess we may never find out but damn that could say so much about him. Did he really hit rock bottom and is trying for perhaps the first time to really fix himself? Or did he do nothing at all, perhaps realizing that could be a turning point in his life. I will be very disappointed if s3 does not address it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I am scared of how they'll pull the trigger on Vincent/Caroline. I hope that just gets to be the running gag til the show ends, because otherwise that could get dark

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I really just want to know what actually happened on the boat. I guess we may never find out but damn that could say so much about him. Did he really hit rock bottom and is trying for perhaps the first time to really fix himself? Or did he do nothing at all, perhaps realizing that could be a turning point in his life. I will be very disappointed if s3 does not address it.

I think it's exactly what we saw, they got interrupted before anything happened, but he would have gone through with it if they hadn't been.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »

I think it's exactly what we saw, they got interrupted before anything happened, but he would have gone through with it if they hadn't been.

Cant disagree more. I think he was still rejecting her but realized that even getting to a place where he had to do that was just as bad as doing it so he just let everyone assume the worst.
    Bojack is a bad person but he's not a '"bad" person.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    They fucked on the boat.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    They fucked on the boat.

They did not fuck on the boat. They were in the process of fucking but didn't get farther than loosening some clothes.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I cant get behind that logic because it means Bojack is completely irredemable and that clashes with the themes of the series

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I cant get behind that logic because it means Bojack is completely irredemable and that clashes with the themes of the series

While I agree with you, I don't think it is impossible. Bojack tends to eventually go with the path of least resistance, and...

Well, the entire theme of the season was that he needs to start doing the hard thing, the path of greater resistance (the jogging baboon and his words of wisdom). Bojack hit rock bottom and was finally willing to do the right thing... whether that is because of what he was going to do vs. what he had already allowed to happen (which was itself pretty fucked) is the thing that's in question. I could see both.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I don't think what he was doing was irredeemable. I think he was just done with that situation and didn't care about the bridges he was burning because it was the only way to totally remove Charlotte from his life.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I don't think what he was doing was irredeemable. I think he was just done with that situation and didn't care about the bridges he was burning because it was the only way to totally remove Charlotte from his life.

I agree. Bojack could not force himself to leave her and her family alone so he did what he does best, makes them hate him. That is still the easy way out since at the end of the day instead of dealing with the issue you can just say "Oh well they hate me, nothing I can do."

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
  • Options
    It's weird to disagree with PFT, but dude, get a Golden!

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/VESKjoxAmZg

Will Arnett revealed what initially drew him to the show. “I think the first time I read the script it was a shortened version. It was a pilot presentation. It was just really funny at first… and then it destroyed my life.” Bob-Waksberg jumped in – adding, “It’s funny because we pitched the whole season to Netflix; but we never pitched it to the actors. We just sent them the first script. So with every progressive table read as the season got darker and darker, there were moments where the actors would look around and go ‘What did we sign up for. It’s not going to keep going like this, is it?’”

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Season 3 is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Episode 1
    That was certainly an episode of Bojack. I appreciate them addressing
    The whole New Mexico thing and Bojack admitting that he probably would have gone through with it had Charlotte not come in.

Thing I am displeased about however
    Looks like Wanda's gone for good :(

Beezel on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy crap, episode 4.
    I figured there'd be something at the end of him coming home and just saying one word to break the silence of that episode, but nope.

So good.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Ep 11.

Be ready.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Episode 1 had this sort of, here is a joke, and now here is a bit that explains the joke, thing was a little irksome.

Glad that stopped.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    God damn, that was fast.

• Options
    Ep 11.

Be ready.

Jeesssusaolsikfjhalk CHRIST

• Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    Are you people just at home all day? I'm still at work and barely noticed that the new season was out. :P

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    Episode 12
    I like how one of the potentially biggest bombs of this season happened in an offhand wind-down segment that was forshadowed probably 5-6 episodes prior

• Options
    Episode 4 was beautiful. Holy shit.

• Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    Ep 11.

Be ready.

Jeesssusaolsikfjhalk CHRIST

Like I'm still taken aback by it today.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The 2007 references in episode 2 made me realise holy shit, 2007 is 9 years ago and old enough to have a distinct feel

Seems like only yesterday TV shows were using the 80s as their go-to decade

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    The 2007 references in episode 2 made me realise holy shit, 2007 is 9 years ago and old enough to have a distinct feel

This show doesn't take easy roads. It looks at Community and 30 Rock and their high-concept meta-cognizance and thinks "Yeah I can do that but with more spleen and somber moments".

Ep 5
    Albino rhino gyno. Who is a wine addict.

This goddamnatious show.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Absalon wrote: »

This show doesn't take easy roads. It looks at Community and 30 Rock and their high-concept meta-cognizance and thinks "Yeah I can do that but with more spleen and somber moments".

Ep 5

This goddamnatious show.

I JUST GOT THIS

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ep 6:
    I haven't laughed at something so small in a while. Right after Bread Poots.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Ep 11.

Be ready.

I know. So messed up.

Asian Daria?

That's too much man.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Feels good to be Bojacking off again.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Feels good to be Bojacking off again.

Yeah, but halfway through everything is going to get all messy and then by the end I'm going to feel empty and sad.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    This show is the perfect antidote for the days when I start feeling good about myself.

Artereis on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Ep 5

This goddamnatious show.

I JUST GOT THIS

what is the joke

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Ep 5

This goddamnatious show.

I JUST GOT THIS

what is the joke
    He's a Albino rhino gyno wino, but they just nod at wino.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »

Ep 5

This goddamnatious show.

I JUST GOT THIS

what is the joke
    He's a Albino rhino gyno wino, but they just nod at wino.

Made it way too complicated in my head.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I find it incredibly telling of this show that the only comments in this thread are about episodes 1-5 and episodes 11-12

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    I find it incredibly telling of this show that the only comments in this thread are about episodes 1-5 and episodes 11-12

What does it tell?

• Options
    Someone else described this season not so much as a gut punch and more like getting the flu that gets steadily and subtly worse until you just kind of accept it and wallow in it while hoping that the end is in sight.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »

What does it tell?

It's that commanding.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me