Options

WEBCOMICS - CROP + LINK (new rules on page 1)

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    tumblr_oa8o7tibnG1tnp4dco1_540.png

In today's Agents of the Realm, someone apologizes.
    Anyone have a flashlight? Oh wait it's not that kind of story? Well then.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    like i actively did not like housepets before, but seeing a single housepets panel out of context is actually hilarious

I was gonna use another panel initially but that's the one that fit best with the alt-text.

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    PDJfJl2.png
    dumbingofage.com

Told you Dorothy wouldn't take Mary's scapegoating attempt lying down.

So Mary further reveals herself to be a garbage person to the floor

I'm guessing that everyone will turn on Mary, Billie will somehow talk Ruth out of her depression and Ruth will continue not to seek the professional help she clearly needs

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    We joke but making click bait titles to go with cropped images of our favorite webcrumblics legitimately makes me want to do it.

Hahahaha I get my groceries there! I dunno, it's been a lot better since they redid that parking lot across the street. Actually all the construction in general has made things pretty quiet. I miss A Pizza Mart and Royal though :(

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I always defended Dumbing of Age, but wow, i don't know to say anymore. You were right, thic comic is garbage, i am stupid for liking it, author wouldn't know what subtlety is if it attacked him in daylight. It's not enough to make catholic conservatist comepletely unsymphatetic jerk, oh no, let's make her cartoonishly evil witch who wants to use suicidally depressed girl for blackmail materiał.

That's it, i stop reading DoA, maybe i will come back in 10 years when comics ends, to see if author somehow managed to salvage this mess.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I am eagerly awaiting the hole that Mary digs for herself.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

This is possibly the best way to view a QC possible, good work

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    At this point, I'm waiting for Jesus to descend from heaven bicycle kick Mary out of the nearest window.
    #DOA

Oh wait, that's a dorm, windows are shatter/suicide proof.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    tumblr_ob0i8rqoJC1tjyeywo1_540.png

Their Story/Tamen de Gushi is a Chinese webcomic by Tan Jiu. It is translated here which hasn't had NSFW content in a long time now but you never know.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    aw sad day about not inlining things anymore

on the other hand that imgur extention is gonna save me soooo much time

so we'll call it a wash

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    tumblr_ob0b73aV5I1r41zlxo1_500.jpg

Supernormal Step goes into the intricacies of pro-wrestling in this update.

Is the rest of the comic like this
    If it is I am reading it all, right now

I haven't even clicked the link yet, that thumbnail got me so good

Binge read it.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Is touching people's eyelashes normal in China?

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

Binge read it.

Supernormal Step is very good

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Not really sure how to do this for archive posts when it's a week of strips to a page, how's this?
    Narbonic - Professor Madblood and the Doppelganger Gambit: February 3 - 8, 2003
    0n8m07945lia.png

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Hey guys, if anyone wants to link to a cropped thingie for Power Nap, you can use

powernapcomic.com/thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

It's the cropped image for the comic I use for RSS, so it's updated at the same time the comic is.

maritzac on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Their Story/Tamen de Gushi is a Chinese webcomic by
    Tan Jiu. It is translated here which hasn't had NSFW content in a long time now but you never know.

(It had full-on nsfw content in the last Their Story update, so be warned)
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Is touching people's eyelashes normal in China?

I don't think it's something specifically cultural, just that Sun Jing is complimenting and touching somewhere that isn't exactly sexual but is waaay physically intimate.

Which in context of them being alone together in her house at night is especially like... not unpleasant, but overwhelming for Qiu Tong. Especially when she still seems to be struggling to understand her own attraction to Sun Jing.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    One thing I'd recommend people linking to do is to link to the specific comic's page rather than the comic's root website since people catching up on the thread will want to go to the correct comic rather than the current one.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    One thing I'd recommend people linking to do is to link to the specific comic's page rather than the comic's root website since people catching up on the thread will want to go to the correct comic rather than the current one.

Is it cool if the latest page is on the root site?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    sun jing will be such a good girlfriend when qui tong's finally comfortable

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    oh hello thread

Welcome to doing what i was doing during the gaydude comic era

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

Is it cool if the latest page is on the root site?

As soon as there's a new comic then your post will no longer link to the correct comic if you point to the root site rather than the actual comic itself.

For example: this link will always point to the correct comic while this link will only point to the correct comic as long as there isn't a newer one.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    oh hello thread

Welcome to doing what i was doing during the gaydude comic era

wait was the gaydude comic era a bad thing

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    sun jing will be such a good girlfriend when qui tong's finally comfortable

She is sort of a serial flirt though

It's just that for Qiu Tong she really means it and for the girls at school she's just being friendly and doesn't even notice that one girl who totally has a crush on her

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    If gaydude comic things are wrong, I don't want to be right

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I always defended Dumbing of Age, but wow, i don't know to say anymore. You were right, thic comic is garbage, i am stupid for liking it, author wouldn't know what subtlety is if it attacked him in daylight. It's not enough to make catholic conservatist comepletely unsymphatetic jerk, oh no, let's make her cartoonishly evil witch who wants to use suicidally depressed girl for blackmail materiał.

That's it, i stop reading DoA, maybe i will come back in 10 years when comics ends, to see if author somehow managed to salvage this mess.
    Asthariel wrote: »

I mean

There are a lot of conservative christians in this comic who are good people and this is tied ay worst with other thing she has done.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I'm offended by the blatant stupidity of it. I quite like her as a character (in previous strips, no this one though).

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    One Punch Man is read right to left.
    |Previous Chapter | Index | Current Chapter| [NSFW]

uGDxwEL.png
    Chapter 100. Today's updates are closeish to the bottom. Feel free to click forward to the next chapters.

So this format is, quite frankly, unsustainable. The original website [NSFW warning: badly drawn donger buried in the archive] is in Japanese (also also ad-free, I think???), while the guys and gals who translate it don't actually have much of a website and instead either just upload it to Imgur or to one of the various unlinkable sites that aggregate manga/manwha/whatever translations and break copyright so hard you don't even know.

The inherent unlinkability and repostability was what prompted me to start this whole thing in the first place, five hundred days ago or so - I couldn't just post the newest update, since I couldn't post a link to the archive so people could catch up! So I posted the first few chapters, and then I edited together translations for the next twenty-four chapters that weren't translated, and then now we're a month away from catching up to the current update. It's been one hell of a ride!

But now it ends. I've uploaded the six last chapters to my Imgur archive, meaning that it is complete until the next time it updates. If you liked the comic, please support ONE by either buying One Punch Man merchanise in whatever venue you can find it - his website, an anime-oriented online store, your local nerd shop - or by buying the physical (or digital!) volumes of the remake he's making with Yusuke Murata. It's an official English translation, although it's pretty far behind the webcomic - they're not even into the Monster Association arc yet, and if you remember how long that took that's saying something. However, it also includes a bunch of extra chapters and such that are original to the remake, and the art is really good.

So. Yeah. That's it, I guess.

I think I'll take a few days off from posting webcomics and then go see what I can do with this new format.

Sources and links:
    |JP webcomic c.1-107|ENG webcomic c.1-107|(2 NSFW pages)
    Chapters 1-3 translated by El_Thor, 4-27 by Boon (and for four panels PA's Cantide and for one PA's Winder) and edited by me, 28-30 by El_Thor yet again, and 31 onwards by people who shall remain anonymous since I don't know who they are. Also, they probably wouldn't mind being known as "anonymous", if you catch my drift.

|JP Manga c.1-5, 15-64|ENG Manga c.1-47|
    |Anime: Daisuki, Hulu|
    The next webcomic post is probably read left to right.

Neveron on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Thank you Neveron, it's been fantastic and I've really appreciated the work you put into it

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Incidentally, guess what comic format is perfect for this new cropped-images-only system?
    c5p1AJN.gif
    This opens up possibilities. Also, webcomics book clubs. Thank you, whoever suggested that some weeks ago when I was musing about what to do after OPM.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    oh wow the next few chapter of OPM were really, really good

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    So that's it, Neveron

You live long enough to become the villain

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

legit one of my favourite comics posted

Mike's art style in particular just feels like exactly the sort of superhero comic I want to read, even if that's only kinda sometimes what Supernormal Step is

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

legit one of my favourite comics posted

Mike's art style in particular just feels like exactly the sort of superhero comic I want to read, even if that's only kinda sometimes what Supernormal Step is

Remember when he showed off his X-Men redraws? They were pretty great.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

this post is art

I was already 100% behind the new rules, now it's something like 117%

• Options
    Gary? My nemesis? Gary?? GARY MY NEMESIS?!
    td7vNw4.png

Surprisingly hard to find a nedroid horse to use. The only other decent one looked like it was having sex with Reginald.

This discussion has been closed.