Options

The [presidential election] is done with conventions

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Jeb's National Security guy drives home just how terrifying Trump's alleged obsession with nukes is

Holy fucking shit.

Donald Trump just got me to change my stance on unilateral nuclear disarmament

If nothing else, Donald Trump has taught me how I think about things and people. Especially myself.

Guess it takes a certain type to shine a spotlight on the dark horrors of potential reality.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Trump gonna talk soon and some people seem optimistic he'll focus on real stuff. But he's also very likely gonna blame the media and if he spends any time blaming them for the last few days he's making a huge fucking mistake. They're salivating for it.

And newt is even saying trump is making himself less acceptable than Clinton. Newt!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Gingrich!

Variable on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

<3 Hillary's video team. While watching Trump's nightmare spiral is certainly something, it still makes me ill. Gotta watch these things a few dozen times to feel less gross.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    And the pro-Trump side of my extended family just forwarded me the "Hillary ran a company that gave money to ISIS" email.

I sent them back a well-sourced response, not that I expect it will make a bit of difference.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    Richy wrote: »
    And the pro-Trump side of my extended family just forwarded me the "Hillary ran a company that gave money to ISIS" email.

I sent them back a well-sourced response, not that I expect it will make a bit of difference.

You tried it's the best you can do

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004533191/unfiltered-voices-from-donald-trumps-crowds.html
    “Kill her.”

“Trump that bitch!”

“Build a wall — kill them all.”

New York Times reporters have spent over a year covering Donald J. Trump’s rallies, witnessing so many provocations and heated confrontations at them that the cumulative effect can be numbing: A sharp sting that quickly dulls from repetition.

[...]

Not everyone attending a Trump rally behaves this way. In fact, many are polite and well mannered. But while protesters are often shouted down, crowds seldom express disapproval of the crude slogans and angry outbursts by Mr. Trump’s supporters. Indeed, these displays have become inextricably bound with the Trump show itself — as much as the snaking entrance lines and the calls to “build a wall” along the border with Mexico.

With that in mind, we set out to record the shouts, slogans, imprecations and interactions among audience members that set Trump events apart from other political gatherings. We also obtained recordings from others in attendance, who sometimes were closer to the action.
    Video is in the link. NSFW.

Those reporters are not being paid enough.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    A couple guys share a cubicle near mine here at work and they are both big time Trump supporters who got on board early in the primary.

They like to talk about whatever events the far right may be losing their minds over on a given day, and I just heard them talking about Trump and his meltdown.

According to them, people are spreading a "rumor" that Trump will drop out, and it's likely started by the Democrats because they are threatened by him. Also, this latest fiasco is nothing and Trump will weather it just fine and all he has to do is "not piss anybody off".

I have a strict policy to not engage directly, but I'm amazed they couldn't hear me giggling to myself.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I mentioned it during the convention, when they started chanting "build that wall" during the RNC, I swore I was also hearing "kill them all" but I went "naaaaaaaaaaaah I'm hearing things". now I'm D:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

mother-fucker.

so, an aside. I'm from Buffalo. buffalo is extremely racist. To levels you really wouldn't get without having been there.

but this? this is beyond the pale.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

Oh hey look who's district this town appears to be in/on the border of:

jmcdonald wrote: »
    Yo who is this Rep and how do we unelect him

Representative from the 27th district in New York. Western NY.

he's a total fucking douchenozzle as well. he was Erie County Executive for a while.

as a WNY native - fuck Chris Collins.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I live in Portland Oregon, where for the most part I'm surrounded by other democrats. I would get fired if I worked someplace with actual Trump supporters talking about their bullshit around my cube. I could not help myself, I would eviscerate their crap with harshly laid out facts every chance I got.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    And Rush Limbaugh is trying to put the sexy moves on trump.

Slide1.jpg?1442099858

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I am thankful that whenever the election comes up here at work the conservatives mostly just "wow they're both so bad huh!" and I can just reply "this election's crazy man" and disengage.

Because I know what'll happen if I try to defend Hillary, but at least they seem to actively dislike trump.

Hoping it keeps them from the polls.

• Options
    edited August 2016

mother-fucker.

so, an aside. I'm from Buffalo. buffalo is extremely racist. To levels you really wouldn't get without having been there.

Yeah, I go back to Buffalo on the regular. It's where my fiancé is from originally. Sometimes I get sad about the character of the folks I'm marrying into. Like they seem like good people, but then I get reminders about how fucking racist they are and I get real sad. What makes me even more sad is that these stories weren't surprising just infuriating.

Sleep on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    A couple guys share a cubicle near mine here at work and they are both big time Trump supporters who got on board early in the primary.

They like to talk about whatever events the far right may be losing their minds over on a given day, and I just heard them talking about Trump and his meltdown.

According to them, people are spreading a "rumor" that Trump will drop out, and it's likely started by the Democrats because they are threatened by him. Also, this latest fiasco is nothing and Trump will weather it just fine and all he has to do is "not piss anybody off".

I have a strict policy to not engage directly, but I'm amazed they couldn't hear me giggling to myself.

Um...

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I am thankful that whenever the election comes up here at work the conservatives mostly just "wow they're both so bad huh!" and I can just reply "this election's crazy man" and disengage.

Because I know what'll happen if I try to defend Hillary, but at least they seem to actively dislike trump.

Hoping it keeps them from the polls.

Yup. The conservative blowhard in my office soured on Trump fairly early so I've managed to mostly retain my sanity. Of course, the old Jersey Democrat was initially taken in by him by his braggadocio but now the conversation about him is mostly how amazingly crazy Trump is.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    anybody = white man

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »

Um...

I know!

• Options
    r4dr3zr4dr3z Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

mother-fucker.

Yeah, I go back to Buffalo on the regular. It's where my fiancé is from originally. Sometimes I get sad about the character of the folks I'm marrying into. Like they seem like good people, but then I get reminders about how fucking racist they are and I get real sad. What makes me even more sad is that these stories weren't surprising just infuriating.

My friend from Buffalo regularly references Asian people as being Oriental. He's seen The Big Lebowski and I reference the joke about it not being the preferred nomenclature, and he still doesn't get it!

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Shock images are against forum rules, zepherin. That should be spoilered with a trigger warning.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    tynic wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Holy Shit maybe he does have fucking brain problems

Like this goes beyond simply not knowing shit, this goes into "Maybe he should be in a hospital undergoing treatment?"

nah, that is absolutely not knowing shit.

and also not caring that he doesn't know shit.

I mean come on he already released a solid physician's note testifying to his fitness for office

trump-doctor-2_custom-f01450ffb64dcf48651dcac21f2e500521b5ced9-s900-c85.jpg

There's nothing about this unimpeachable assessment that is open to skepticism

And while it appears Harold Bornstein is both real and a doctor, he clearly at least goes to the Trump barber

CWNUBz9W4AEc9vk.png:large

(not a photoshop, horrifyingly)

Good lord.

He looks like the villain in the live-action movie of a 90s cartoon, as played by F. Murray Abraham.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    r4dr3z wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »

mother-fucker.

My friend from Buffalo regularly references Asian people as being Oriental. He's seen The Big Lebowski and I reference the joke about it not being the preferred nomenclature, and he still doesn't get it!

hey I'm just glad asians aren't being murdered or their houses set on fire up there

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I know we have quite a few forumers from upstate NY.

Growing up in Syracuse suburbs, when I learned about politics, I remember being legit shocked that NY was always democrat in elections. It made zero sense to me as everyone I knew had crazy conservative parents. And HATE Hillary (who was first lady at the time).

If NYC split off and was its own thing I think upstate NY would be solid red.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    But looking at the 538 nowcast (I know, I know) gave me a brief, tender vision of Georgia going blue for the first time in a generation

is this what it feels like to be a naive optimist

• Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

Like this goes beyond simply not knowing shit, this goes into "Maybe he should be in a hospital undergoing treatment?"

I mean come on he already released a solid physician's note testifying to his fitness for office

And while it appears Harold Bornstein is both real and a doctor, he clearly at least goes to the Trump barber

Good lord.

He looks like the villain in the live-action movie of a 90s cartoon, as played by F. Murray Abraham.

I was going to go with a retired understudy for the BeeGees broadway musical, but this one is better

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    Trump starts off by saying he's more United than ever before and is leading in Florida and Ohio.

So... Yeah. 'I think we've never been this united' exact quote

• Options
    mxmarks wrote: »

Growing up in Syracuse suburbs, when I learned about politics, I remember being legit shocked that NY was always democrat in elections. It made zero sense to me as everyone I knew had crazy conservative parents. And HATE Hillary (who was first lady at the time).

There's a reason why upstate new York consistently tries to break away from the city. Most especially because yes if NYC wasn't there New York state would be solid red.

• Options
    In under five minutes he's moved from the Iran deal to the money to housing to Libya to China.

He's gonna run out of on topic shit to say

He LITERALLY just said ''taking your jobs. They're taking your jobs''

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

<3 Hillary's video team. While watching Trump's nightmare spiral is certainly something, it still makes me ill. Gotta watch these things a few dozen times to feel less gross.

Oh... Oh God... Will everyone please stop chopping onions? And get rid of all this dust? It's getting in my eyes

• Options
    xraydogxraydog Registered User regular

Just from my observations Long Island seems pretty conservative as well.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Ditto all of Oregon that isn't Portland (or one of the college towns, like Ashland or Eugene).

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    From Iran to space in 3.5 minutes.
    Not a speck of policy

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

Good lord.

Why is his doctor Kevin Spacey?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    While racism is horrifying I don't know what it has to do with this presidential race outside of a general "Trump stirs up racists" sort of ways.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I hope all the rural portions of blue states that wish to split off do so

They'll immediately become some of the poorest states in the nation and find out what it's like to try and have basic services without big money coming out of the cities

We began the fight against poverty through massive federal and state wealth transfers from north to south and urban to rural and all the beneficiaries love forgetting that

Eddy on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    If [City] split off and was its own thing I think [Rest of the State] would be solid red.

Broadly applicable version.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004533191/unfiltered-voices-from-donald-trumps-crowds.html
    “Kill her.”

“Trump that bitch!”

“Build a wall — kill them all.”

New York Times reporters have spent over a year covering Donald J. Trump’s rallies, witnessing so many provocations and heated confrontations at them that the cumulative effect can be numbing: A sharp sting that quickly dulls from repetition.

[...]

Not everyone attending a Trump rally behaves this way. In fact, some, I'm sure are polite and well mannered.
    Video is in the link. NSFW.

Those reporters are not being paid enough.

Fixed.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I live in rochester and I never thought of it as particularly racist though we did have a race riot a while back(decades). only been to buffalo a few times

This discussion has been closed.