Options

look at that fuckin bird

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    p026wlqy.jpg

The Andean Cock of the Rock. Thats seriously its name.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Darmak wrote: »
    I can proudly claim I've never had the desire to fuck a bird

You haven't lived until you've fucked a bird

Note to self: I don't want to live.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    NPR is running a follow-up story on Grecia, a toucan in Costa Rica that was found with most of its upper beak hacked off by some asshole. Happy ending, they printing Grecia a new beak out of nylon and now it can feed itself and even sing again. They're (the sex of the bird hasn't been determined) on display now in a display to highlight animal abuse.

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2016/08/27/491372643/after-losing-half-a-beak-grecia-the-toucan-becomes-a-symbol-against-abuse?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160827

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    A German friend of mine told me that if someone does something really dumb it is called a Kevin moment.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I just watched a Russian lady shoo a flock of turkeys out of her yard after they tried to eat her tomatoes.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I just watched a Russian lady shoo a flock of turkeys out of her yard after they tried to eat her tomatoes.

goddamnit Erdogan

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Bird thread?

I saw one of the coolest things I've ever seen a few days ago and it was birds

https://youtu.be/2Ec9x4IZQNU

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i like this thread.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Gar dang birds I just want to put some tomaters on a salad! Get you outta here birds!

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Thought I'd contribute to the Citrus and Birds thread with a clip of the Mitch Hedberg bit about he bouyancy of limes, but I couldn't find an acceptable quality video with just that bit. And then I wound up watching two hours of his stand up specials on my cellphone in this Taco Bell.

So instead, here's that fuckin horrifying video of a Pelican trying to swallow a live Pigeon whole.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Bird thread! Woo!

I saw a hummingbird yesterday. Outside having a smoke and this little fella comes zooming up to snack on my mom's garden flowers. Hung iut for about two minutes or so before zipping away.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    what happens when you gis boids:

sbk6i4h9jzcz.jpg

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    real-orange-gator.jpg

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    that pelican video led me to a video of an egret eating a mouse and then a heron eating a duckling

nature's cruel indifference is something else

like watching a snuff film with animals

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Start searching for videos of an animal until you find one of that animal being eaten by another animal

Then switch to searching for videos of THAT animal until the same thing happens

Repeat until you can't go any further

• Options
    Speaking of sexy birds heres a little bit of hot bird on man action

https://youtu.be/9T1vfsHYiKY?t=60

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    some folks re-color domesticated pigeons using small amounts of food coloring

the results are pretty silly

5255774073_c95bc41edf.jpg

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Start searching for videos of an animal until you find one of that animal being eaten by another animal

Then switch to searching for videos of THAT animal until the same thing happens

Repeat until you can't go any further

i watched a baboon eat a baby antelope or some other deer-like creature alive when it was mentioned on game grumps which then led me to watching a National Geographic documentary where a crocodile snapped up a baboon's baby

fucked me up!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    citrus thread

I also love a good key lime

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Wedge tailed eagles are the coolest.

Please see this chart explaining why.

Y3vEU.jpg

This bird just seems like an asshole

Well, the bald eagle is american, so I guess it is just modelling behaviour or something.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Y3vEU.jpg

This bird just seems like an asshole

Well, the bald eagle is american, so I guess it is just modelling behaviour or something.

It's "American" as in the North American continent. You can find them from Canada to Mexico, it just happens that the US is the largest space between there.
    If there's anything to be said about the misuse of the Bald Eagle, I'll just stick with "It doesn't sound like that, that's a red-tailed hawk".

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Y3vEU.jpg

I posted that picture on imgur about a year or so ago, turns out reddit doesn't have much of a sense of humour about the USA. Typical responses were along the lines of "oh yeah which country has been to the moon" and "our army would crush yours"...

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

Y3vEU.jpg

I posted that picture on imgur about a year or so ago, turns out reddit doesn't have much of a sense of humour about the USA. Typical responses were along the lines of "oh yeah which country has been to the moon" and "our army would crush yours"...

Both of space exploration and military ability are directly correlated to native eagle ferocity.
    ... we live in a very weird RPG.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    And here I thought the key to unlocking space travel early was granting amnesty to nazi rocket scientists...

• Options
    And here I thought the key to unlocking space travel early was granting amnesty to nazi rocket scientists...

well I mean
    we didn't do that either, I don't think*

*I actually have no clue what australia's post-war nazi scoop was. I feel like it wasn't very high?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Y3vEU.jpg

Both of space exploration and military ability are directly correlated to native eagle ferocity.

They just don't want you to know that the moon rocket was a scam and that we actually rode eagles to the moon.

• Options
    Nah we just built a big radio dish antenna and then played cricket in it.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

well I mean

*I actually have no clue what australia's post-war nazi scoop was. I feel like it wasn't very high?

It was as high as your eagle is bald (which is not very)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Where's your moon rocks, Australia

Fuckin' nowhere

• Options
    Where's your moon rocks, Australia

Fuckin' nowhere

don't need moon rocks when you got deez cocks

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Y3vEU.jpg

They just don't want you to know that the moon rocket was a scam and that we actually rode eagles to the moon.

It's why John F Kennedy's last words were, "fly you fools"

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

well I mean

generally speaking you do not want to ask about australia's historical racism and or negligence unless you are prepared for the answer

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    or like

any country really

• Options
    edited August 2016
    PiptheFair wrote: »

well I mean

generally speaking you do not want to ask about australia's historical racism and or negligence unless you are prepared for the answer

I mean
    while we are, generally, awful
    I don't feel like not taking in nazis could really count as an expression of racism.

tynic on