Options

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Warning to fellow hunters, if you don't get Titanstrike as your first weapon you CANNOT GET IT AT ALL currently. The NPC to finish the quest never spawns.

This issue has been around and reported on beta since mid July, so it's kind of obnoxious that it's still happening.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Well they did increase difficulty/grind a bit in this one... so that means next one we will all be wearing a pink unitard that gains item level automatically even while logged. We will have zones with one boss where you have /dance offs for shits. :)

But I am enjoying this xpac. Seems just right so far if not for slow leveling from tank / high pop through zones.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I like how the druid artifact power trainer is a cute little tree that grows.

I like pretty much everything about the druid class hall.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

It really is the best thing. I'm very happy I decided to main my druid this expansion.

[edit] Also, I'm totally fine with PvP servers and whatnot, but what I'm NOT fine with is how much it costs to move characters to different servers when PvP gets old. I signed up for a PvP server when the game first started, lo those many moons ago. It was a MUCH different beast then than it is now.

Now I have a full character roster on a PvP server and I really wish I didn't. I don't mind the odd bit of 1v1 PvP, but that is extremely rare these days. Mostly it's just jerk offs in groups of 3+ rolling over everyone. Opinions differ etc., but it's my fervent opinion that the more people you add to PvP in WoW, the worse it gets on an exponential level. It becomes less about knowledge of abilities and cooldown management (of both your own and your opponent's) and becomes a lot more about hurr durr training on one target.

Not very fun when you're the one target.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Shaman are in the Maelstrom. Which, sure, it's cool; but damn is it grey and saddening.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    RE: artifacts and the next expansion

I'm not sure, this expac feels like the climax to the WoW story.

If we fail the Legion destroys Azeroth.

If we succeed...
    Azeroth "hatches" into a Titan and I'm not sure how that's work as far as the inhabitants living on her.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Death Knight quest is appropriately brooding

Got the blood spec weapon, immediately transmogged it, then did some quests in the forest zone

So far I give this expansion a thumbs up

• Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    Started my 100 hunter (boosted) and digging the artifact and class hall. Class Hall feels like WoW's version of a Skyrim town.

Can't wait to dig in with my Druid and Rogue.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    So it looks like Balance and Unholy have nearly identical artifact quests. And from research, Affliction has the same quests. Further, disc and arcane share one, as do arms, shadow, and holy Pallys. Anyone know of any other non-unique artifact quests?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

If we succeed...
    Azeroth "hatches" into a Titan and I'm not sure how that's work as far as the inhabitants living on her.

If we succeed...
    We all go to Draenor.

Fair's fair IMO.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Heh, had a amazing moment where I got jumped by a DK and a Feral Druid last night while questing.

Killed the druid, made the DK run away.

(I'm leveling as Disc. Get shiiiiiiiiit on!)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I'm out of town from tonight until Sunday, so no Legion for me :(

And Path of Exile updates on Friday as well...

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Laptop it!

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Yes it is super well done. Having us have our hall in the emerald dream with lots of nice portals is very very druidy.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

If we succeed...
    They've already set up the Void Lords as the badder-than-Legion big bads in all the new lore they've been putting out.

It's also implied that Azeroth can't hatch and the Titan power is instead given to the living creatures of the world, which is why we're so badass on a galactic scale.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Laptop it!

I don't think my campsite in New Hampshire will have an ethernet connection.

I also don't want my girlfriend to break up with me quite yet.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Laptop it!

'Girlfriend' and 'campsite' are two words that should never be spoken in the same sentence.

• Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »

It really is the best thing. I'm very happy I decided to main my druid this expansion.

[edit] Also, I'm totally fine with PvP servers and whatnot, but what I'm NOT fine with is how much it costs to move characters to different servers when PvP gets old. I signed up for a PvP server when the game first started, lo those many moons ago. It was a MUCH different beast then than it is now.

Now I have a full character roster on a PvP server and I really wish I didn't. I don't mind the odd bit of 1v1 PvP, but that is extremely rare these days. Mostly it's just jerk offs in groups of 3+ rolling over everyone. Opinions differ etc., but it's my fervent opinion that the more people you add to PvP in WoW, the worse it gets on an exponential level. It becomes less about knowledge of abilities and cooldown management (of both your own and your opponent's) and becomes a lot more about hurr durr training on one target.

Once again, however, this is an opinion of one player. Though I respect your frustrations my point is those of us who run organized pvp events in world settings would be negatively affected by time-gated pvp interactions which would only be instituted to favor players who should have rolled a pve server if they don't like pvp.

I can tell you with certainty that time-gating pvp would result in more trolling than the current system yields. If every time the guilds on our server wanted to schedule pvp events we had to keep track of individual players' pvp cooldowns that would be chaos.

Also, it's too bad your wpvp interractions have been bad experiences. I can tell you that when pvp guilds set up events it's not a hot mess like solo-queue bg's

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Going to be honest, my favorable interactions with world pvp ended way back when they put in quel danas.

Fuck that.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oddfish wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    You still have yet to state exactly how it "diminishes" any groups enjoyment, you simply continue to imply it.

In what scenario is X amount of time being unable to PVP such a significant loss?

If you were actually getting the point, you wouldn't keep bringing up ganking as the only aspect I am talking about. It is not.

There were plenty of other systems in place for a long time. PVP stats. PVP gear giving stats. Getting PVP gear from arenas only. The list goes on. Those "changes" were MUCH less "simple", trust me. Also I find it odd that someone who likes pvp would talk about diminishing one groups enjoyment for another. Given the history of WoW and PVP balance.

Balance and gear stats have nothing to do with this discussion. You're suggesting limiting content for other players because you don't like one specific element of it. I don't have any idea why you think pvp balance has anything to do with this discussion at all.

Time-gating wpvp is a much more significant change than resillience ever was. And gear stats have nothing to do with this discussion either.

You're talking about limiting something that has had no limit for 15 years because "reasons".

Would you like it if after you killed a mob in the world you had to wait 5 minutes before you killed another one?

"Sir, you just engaged in a typical pve enterprise of a generic sort. You must wait 300 seconds before you may try again."

What if it's a group of players? Now I just died to that hunter over there so he can't target me but i can run around murdering the other members of his group with impunity? Oh, no I just can't fight at all because I died? Why am I being penalized for playing the game? Is he not able to pvp now because he got a kill? Oh he can still pvp? So if that's the case the only person who gets penalized is the person who lost? So, if I was low level and i was having fun fighting other low level players in Tarren Mill but i got ganked by a high level player now I'm locked out of content for _____ amount of time? Why?

No. Other games can do that all day but those of us who enjoy the system that's been in place for 15 years still wpvp in WoW because unlike the other games that limit the content WoW hasn't.

Blizzard offers PvE servers.

It is um, kind of clear you are more going off on a tangent than having a reasonable discussion so... ok. Your point is made. Good day.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Laptop it!

'Girlfriend' and 'campsite' are two words that should never be spoken in the same sentence.

Well, they weren't. :bzz:

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Generally these days my wpvp experience consists of people camping outside of legacy raid portals that essentially kill you before you leave the loading screen, a couple different multiboxers that roam tanaan, and rogues/cats that camp the iron front in groups of 3+ to pick off/camp solo players.

I dont mind 1v1 stuff but I have no problem limiting this sort of crap.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Laptop it!

Well, they weren't. :bzz:

I'm having flashbacks to reading Dan Savage's columns years ago, and lines like "[girlfriends] are like campsites, they should be left in better condition than you found them."

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

Yes it is super well done. Having us have our hall in the emerald dream with lots of nice portals is very very druidy.

Technically only the Dreamway is in the Emerald Dream.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Warning to fellow hunters, if you don't get Titanstrike as your first weapon you CANNOT GET IT AT ALL currently. The NPC to finish the quest never spawns.

This issue has been around and reported on beta since mid July, so it's kind of obnoxious that it's still happening.

Whew! Guess I lucked out by accidentally choosing it first.

Questline is pretty radical, though.

• Options
    kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Alright, so I haven't played this game since Cataclysm and was wondering about some things.

If I wanted to jump in on this thing now, would I need to buy all if the missing expansions before Legion as well? How would you level a new character all the way to 100 if you were missing those expansions?

Does this game still run pretty well on outdated PCs? My vid card is a Nvidia GTX 260 or something like that, 8 gigs of RAM. Intel quad core or something like that.

...asking for a friend.

kriegs on
  • Options
    kriegs wrote: »
    Alright, so I haven't played this game since Cataclysm and was wondering about some things.

If I wanted to jump in on this thing now, would I need to buy all if the missing expansions before Legion as well? How would you level a new character all the way to 100 if you were missing those expansions?

Does this game still run pretty well on outdated PCs? My vid card is a Nvidia GTX 260 or something like that, 8 gigs of RAM. Intel quad core or something like that.

...asking for a friend.

You only need to buy Legion, all the previous expansion packs are made free once their time is done.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Everyone has the previous expansions as a baseline now.
    When you purchase Legion, you get a free level 100 boost to use on a character.

Can't comment on the video card as much, but you're good on RAM, and WoW's always been good at running on a toaster. I ran it on my integrated Intel HD graphics for a couple weeks, and it didn't look great but it still ran smoothly.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Baseline game includes all expansions except legion. You level by questing, doing dungeons, and pvp. Wow will run fine on your machine just won't look as good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    So, am I the only one who had a legit emotional reaction to the Azsuna questline with the
    Blue Dragonflight? Dragon girl finding her dead siblings, the mob of zombie elves surging over the cliffs, a redeemed bro I distrusted right up until his sad end, it had some moments.

Kamar on
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Oddfish wrote: »
    Derrick wrote: »

Once again, however, this is an opinion of one player. Though I respect your frustrations my point is those of us who run organized pvp events in world settings would be negatively affected by time-gated pvp interactions which would only be instituted to favor players who should have rolled a pve server if they don't like pvp.

I can tell you with certainty that time-gating pvp would result in more trolling than the current system yields. If every time the guilds on our server wanted to schedule pvp events we had to keep track of individual players' pvp cooldowns that would be chaos.

Also, it's too bad your wpvp interractions have been bad experiences. I can tell you that when pvp guilds set up events it's not a hot mess like solo-queue bg's

I'd say I've been around the block in this game starting at beta and moving to a pvp server when Gabe was pushing for Lt Commander. I've had some great pvp experiences in the world but they're few and far between, and I think that is the norm for most people. I'm really curious to see what an organized world pvp event is, because outside of organized raids to kill the faction leaders I've never seen any. Don't think I'm calling you out on this: I just have never seen or heard of anything like this in WoW in years. What I have seen is 3 to 5 man kill teams that will camp an area for a time, which can be a pretty fun experience for that group but rarely is for everyone else involved. The WoW Dev team is committed to making all aspects of the game easier to get into and more fun for a larger percentage of players, and I think World PvP is an area that can use the improvement. Certainly right now on Dark Iron it's a very tense and exciting experience to be outnumbered by horde players 8 to 1, but that quickly becomes overly frustrating and prompts server or faction changes, which makes the imbalance worse and degrades everyone's experience, even on the horde side.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Kamar wrote: »
    So, am I the only one who had a legit emotional reaction to the Azsuna questline with the
    Blue Dragonflight? Dragon girl finding her dead siblings, the mob of zombie elves surging over the cliffs, a redeemed bro I distrusted right up until his sad end, it had some moments.

Jim Cummings should voice a new character every expansion because holy crap does he always knock it out of the park.
    I enjoyed the reddit comment that describes the Runas questline as being a crack dealer for Winnie the Pooh :D

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So the Titanstrike quest actually does appear to work just fine if you do it second...?

• Options
    kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    Thanks for the quick responses!

I'll have to give this some thought.

• Options
    The problem with WoW world PVP is that it only really attracts one group of people. There are no benefits that the normal MMOer can get out of that other games have tacked on over the years. It is the same implementation, for the most part, since its initial offering.

Add to that the fact that most servers are not even close to 50/50 anymore and you have a worthless bit of WoW that became an annoyance to everyone but a small portion of its population.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So as someone who hasn't played since Cataclysm, would I be better off resubbing and playing through MoP and WoD content first? Or just buying Legion right off the bat?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    So as someone who hasn't played since Cataclysm, would I be better off resubbing and playing through MoP and WoD content first? Or just buying Legion right off the bat?

Do you plan on leveling through or actually going through the content? Because leveling through should only take a day or two of solid playing.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    World PVP to me has always been getting ganked by someone who out gears/skills me and then proceed to make my life miserable until I give up and go somewhere without them. It's why I never go on world pvp servers, not my thing at all.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kamar wrote: »

You are not alone in this feels place. That was a really well done storyline.
    I especially liked Runas' little arc, someone who just wanted to redeem himself. Touching and simple especially considering how untrustworthy they made him, with his little drug addict ticks like scratching his face.

Also, the mana-addict elf rush is the best representation of a zombie swarm this game has ever done, and this game has done an entire expansion about the undead.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Friends. I have not played since WOTLK.

I'm playing now. If I wanted to level someone from 70 or 80. Is just basic questing still the way to go? I logged into my 80 and a quest chain took me underwater and I have no idea where I am. Or is there some super fast way to do it? (I've already spent my 100 boost on other dude)

cptrugged on
This discussion has been closed.