As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Bad" Food Thread: Episode III - Revenge of the Melt

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I feel like that video actively threatened me in some way

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I confess, after reading the comments (and looking at the preview), I didn't dare click on it.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Why would you even grill bread only to soak it in liquid. For that matter, why bother melting the cheese?

That video is a perfect example of why 'molecular gastronomy' is dumb and the shit your parents made in the 70s is actual Real Food.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Why would you even grill bread only to soak it in liquid. For that matter, why bother melting the cheese?

That video is a perfect example of why 'molecular gastronomy' is dumb and the shit your parents made in the 70s is actual Real Food.

That depends VERY strongly on whether the shit your parents made in the 70s was tuna casserole or some of the weird as fuck coked-out shit from 70s dinner party cookbooks.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    bad cook book photos, sure, but some of them might be pretty tasty when executed correctly.

The cheeseburger pie, lime ribbon delight, and chicken fricassee and dumplings look like they could be pretty good.
    You'd definitely need to alter the recipe of what is there on display, but those look doable.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

That depends VERY strongly on whether the shit your parents made in the 70s was tuna casserole or some of the weird as fuck coked-out shit from 70s dinner party cookbooks.

Gelatin. Gelatin EVERYWHERE.

The crimes they committed against food cannot be forgiven, even here.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I love tuna noodle casserole.

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular

I would eat and enjoy 80% of those recipes, am I broken?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    My Pops also makes some kind of taco beef Bisquick pie. It's actually pretty good. It's kind of a quiche, but not

• Options
    Yeah I ain't gonna lie but that cheeseburger pie looks like something I'm gonna try to cook for dinner my damn self. I'd try most of those.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Scratchy wrote: »

Maybe! Who can truly say?

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    It feels weird when you have to wait for the coca cola freestyle machine to reboot to get your drink at a fast food joint.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    WE TALKIN RETRO COOKBOOKS IN HERE cause man starting to collect those is the best decision I HAVE EVER MADE

P sure @Grey Ghost agrees

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

My parents made excellent curries in the 70's

They hold up 30 years later

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    WE TALKIN RETRO COOKBOOKS IN HERE cause man starting to collect those is the best decision I HAVE EVER MADE

P sure Grey Ghost agrees

You are a food criminal

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Scratchy wrote: »

Theres nothing wrong with most of these things. The 'pink yogurt' look in the first example can be something as simple as strawberry jello mixed with whipped cream. That pinapple thing looks damn good...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am currently eating this hillshire thing that is basically an "adult" lunchable. I was lazy. Also this is okay.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    This heinz caramelized onions and bacon flavored ketchup doesn't taste like onions or bacon. It just tastes like overly sweet ketchup. I need to stop buying fake bacon flavored things.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    This heinz caramelized onions and bacon flavored ketchup doesn't taste like onions or bacon. It just tastes like overly sweet ketchup. I need to stop buying fake bacon flavored things.

the only flavoured ketchups I've ever known to be anything other than complete garbage

were "Spicy" and "Smoked"

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Caramelized Onion Triscuits are pretty swell, if ya'll'er looking for a bit more excitement in your Triscuit eating.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Caramelized Onion Triscuits are pretty swell, if ya'll'er looking for a bit more excitement in your Triscuit eating.

I don't know man, I think if you're looking for a bit more excitement in your Triscuit eating, you may be looking for excitement in the wrong places.
    Maybe step it up to medium hot sauce on your next Taco Bell run.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

to be fair, for 250 they got a ton of fucking food

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

to be fair, for 250 they got a ton of fucking food

And amazing food from the sounds of it. I'd say all three options they went to justified themselves.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I wish I liked sushi.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

I'm curious to try the balsamic vinegar version but I feel like I wouldn't use it enough to justify buying a whole bottle.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I wish I liked sushi.

Me too!

Also IPAs

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The local kroger carries sushi now.

I've only tried their spicy tuna (I think?) roll I think.

It was good though.

• Options
    If you have not seen, I strongly recommend Jiro Dreams of Sushi

it is a wonderful film.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    If you have not seen, I strongly recommend Jiro Dreams of Sushi

it is a wonderful film.

I'm going to watch that next time I boot up netflix, if it's still there.

• Options
    Now the kraft bacon flavored ranch dressing, that delivered on fake bacon-y flavor, you can do without the bacon bits on salads with that.

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Due to a 25 year drought of Arby's in this province, I am constantly craving curly fries but unable to get them. I think I may bite the bullet and make them myself. The spices should work, even if I don't have a spiral cutter and just do straightish cut.
    blaze_zero wrote: »

I tried their four cheese bacon stuffed crust. I just preferred regular stuffed crust. I still want them to bring back the ultimate stuffed crust from years ago. The ring on the outside crust. Plus a thin layer in the rest of the crust. Not to eat with any regularity, but just a distant memory of the pizza.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    @Geddoe they don't have them in the freezer at your local grocer?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    @Geddoe they don't have them in the freezer at your local grocer?

They used to. Haven't seen them in a few years.

• Options
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Geddoe they don't have them in the freezer at your local grocer?

They used to. Haven't seen them in a few years.

Laaaame.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    you know what's challenging? not being able to eat garlic or onions (or powders or extracts thereof)

given the obstacle and still wishing to prepare delicious savory meals, what do you use instead to replicate the divine taste of caramelized onions and roast garlic?

• Options
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    that sounds like a living hell

I mean, honestly, it would probably be my dying hell

This discussion has been closed.