Options

US Presidential Election: I could have, but didn't

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    A friend of mine made a comment about how he believes the Clinton team has more, even worse stuff just waiting to be released. It has a strong possibility of being true, but do I even want to know what kind of stuff would qualify as worse? This election, I can't even.

Illegitimate child with DNA evidence?

He really did rape that 13 year old?

Apparently, the judge gave her case the goahead today as well.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    I cannot imagine giving a shit about Clinton's speeches to Goldman Sachs.

paraphrased:

"being rich is different than being poor"

"the folks who understand industry bring the knowledge needed to regulate it"

"i would prefer to not have to abandon investments just because i'm in office"

she should have released them in the primary to shut the fucking berners up if these are the damning excerpts.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    A friend of mine made a comment about how he believes the Clinton team has more, even worse stuff just waiting to be released. It has a strong possibility of being true, but do I even want to know what kind of stuff would qualify as worse? This election, I can't even.

Illegitimate child with DNA evidence?

Paying for a mistress' abortion(s) is the one that is almost definitely coming, along with a fuller examination of the sexual assault cases against him.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

I don't know that this was the Clinton team. This seems like stuff in private hands that's so obviously worth $ that I don't know that most people would think to hold on to it and hand it over (or sell it to) a campaign.

But it is pretty damn good timing. I can't imagine the Town Hall won't have some soccer mom ask about this.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    jmcdonald wrote: »

you all get the drift

also:
    Elki wrote: »
    The US has officially accused Russia of attempting to interfere in the 2016 elections.
    I, uh.. I remember this from 2011

5:18PM BST 01 Jun 2011
    Washington will to consider using conventional weaponry in response to a cyber-attack on the United States, according a new US strategy

Remember, the last time the US retaliated against Russian hackers, they made a pipeline program with a logic bomb and blew up a Siberian Pipeline with the force of 3 Kilotons.

http://www.economist.com/node/16478792?story_id=16478792&fsrc=rss

Yeah the US blows shit up even with its hacking.

Very explosioncentric retaliations generally.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

paraphrased:

she should have released them in the primary to shut the fucking berners up if these are the damning excerpts.

Eh more effective now, they've been built up and they are bullshit. Especially now in the wake of trump admitting he assaults women and gets away with it by being famous.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

paraphrased:

on the other hand, not releasing left them for someone else to think they were a hot october surprise

probably giving far too much credit, but this will chew up news cycle time and amount to nothing

that's not a bad thing to have happen right now

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

paraphrased:

The primary was the time without any sense of proportionality. And anything she released, would not have been enough. The people who wanted to would have insisted she was holding back the really damaging stuff and twisted it to show she was really a Nazi Lizardperson Neoliberal banker. She couldn't win by releasing it and at best some other nothingburger would have become the new scandal of the day

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    My wife, when texted if she has heard Trumps latest video: "Yup. Just heard it on the news, and heard the death of his political career in the distance."

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    My wife, when texted if she has heard Trumps latest video: "Yup. Just heard it on the news, and heard the death of his political career in the distance."

i think it is worth remembering that this at best turns undecideds to clinton

which is not a bad thing, but

the people who actually support trump? they're going to praise him for this shit

• Options
    y'all are pointing out some pro 4D chess moves here - i retract my statement!

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

paraphrased:

It's possible she was bound by contract (or implicit agreement) that the statements were confidential. Loyalty goes both ways with Clinton, and she isn't going to breach someone's trust for no good reason if she doesn't have to.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular

Look at what Clinton tried to push during the debates. Clinton goes on about maybe Trump didn't pay any taxes. Then the Times gets some tax forms. She forced Machado into the conversation to set up Trump's attitude toward women. The Washington Post finds a tape.

I expect whatever she tries to bait out of Donald during this next debate gets leaked on Monday and published over the next two weeks.

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    "Oh good I don't have to go out and vote because Trump is toast" - Democratic voters who could make the house blue if Trump goes into a polling death spiral.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

the people who actually support trump? they're going to praise him for this shit

Some, perhaps. But there's a reason Silver tweeted that "if Trump loses the woman vote" map so many months ago.

Also,

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

This could encourage others to come forward, and Trump is constitutionally incapable of backing down so how this plays out is not a mystery.

• Options
    QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular

Well this is escalating quickly. How the hell did none of the 16 Republican primary candidates not find *any* of this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

Well this is escalating quickly. How the hell did none of the 16 Republican primary candidates not find *any* of this?

i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who had associated with trump in the past weren't the kind of people who'd be inclined to help a GOP candidate

• Options
    remember trump wasn't a conservative nor a republican until last september

• Options

Because in the GOP primary this would have made his numbers go up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    There's like 400 posts today...can someone maybe do a brief synopsis of what the hell is going on?! That's the most I've seen in one day in a loooooooooooong time and I haven't paid attention to news today.

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular

Yep, the Trumpers are pretty much praising him, saying every man talks or wishes they could talk this way. But hopefully it helps enough with undecideds.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    There's like 400 posts today...can someone maybe do a brief synopsis of what the hell is going on?! That's the most I've seen in one day in a loooooooooooong time and I haven't paid attention to news today.

Trump continues to be horrible misogynist.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

I feel like maybe there's an upper limit to how nuclear the dirt they want to throw at each other in the primary is.

Sort of an "honor among thieves"/a craven move to make sure you're possibly a VP candidate and don't make an enemy of the guy who might be President.

like tbh what Ted Cruz did at the convention took cajones

and he has to now supplicate himself to make up for it.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Trump rapey rapey gropey gropey talking about it on video

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Trump grabbed the thread's pussy

• Options

Trump literally admitted he actively sexually assaults women and gets away with it because he's famous, on video, that video was released today.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    And he doubled down on the Central Park 5 thing, don't forget that.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016

Yep, the Trumpers are pretty much praising him, saying every man talks or wishes they could talk this way. But hopefully it helps enough with undecideds.

No. They don't. (Not accusing you of anything)

Mugsley on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I thought that kiss on the lips was out there but maybe that was a different contestant/slightly different story

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    and said that Obama was importing immigrants to steal the election!

edit

so, a normal Friday for this election

jmcdonald on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

A lot of Trump supporters online and on TV are doing a very good job of providing evidence that the deplorables line was correct.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Also an attempted hit piece on Hillary was that she defends bunnies.

That's important too.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I am hyped for the debate Sunday. I think the last time I was this hyped for a live TV event was when was real young and was a mark (believed it was real) for professional wrestling.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    remember trump wasn't a conservative nor a republican until last september

The only reason Trump is a conservative and Republican is because they're the only people with such low standards that they'd take him.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Best part is this comes right after public acts of submission by Cruz and Ryan.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Even after today, this tweaks me so bad

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Trump literally admitted he actively sexually assaults women and gets away with it because he's famous, on video, that video was released today.

Oh my. Wow. Link for the video?

So like....this is over, right? The campaign basically packs it in with not even enough money to catch a cab and they all walk home, right?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    if you watch the full video Billy Bush is a disgusting person

like hey it was 11 years ago and if he's changed I'm willing to forgive that, I mean 11 years ago I was a monstrous piece of shit

buuuuuuuuut I'm skeptical he's changed at all

This discussion has been closed.