Options

US Presidential Election: I could have, but didn't

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Nobeard wrote: »
    My wife, when texted if she has heard Trumps latest video: "Yup. Just heard it on the news, and heard the death of his political career in the distance."

i think it is worth remembering that this at best turns undecideds to clinton

which is not a bad thing, but

the people who actually support trump? they're going to praise him for this shit

Yep, the Trumpers are pretty much praising him, saying every man talks or wishes they could talk this way. But hopefully it helps enough with undecideds.

A lot of Trump supporters online and on TV are doing a very good job of providing evidence that the deplorables line was correct.

I wonder if this is her campaign sawing off the limb Fallon said Trump climbed out onto at the time deplorables was a "gaffe."

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @Crayon check Wa Post and CNN

• Options
    QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular
    My wife, when texted if she has heard Trumps latest video: "Yup. Just heard it on the news, and heard the death of his political career in the distance."

the people who actually support trump? they're going to praise him for this shit

Yep, the Trumpers are pretty much praising him, saying every man talks or wishes they could talk this way. But hopefully it helps enough with undecideds.

A lot of Trump supporters online and on TV are doing a very good job of providing evidence that the deplorables line was correct.

Indeed, there's nothing about this story or the responses to it that is going to help Trump.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Crayon wrote: »
    There's like 400 posts today...can someone maybe do a brief synopsis of what the hell is going on?! That's the most I've seen in one day in a loooooooooooong time and I haven't paid attention to news today.

Trump literally admitted he actively sexually assaults women and gets away with it because he's famous, on video, that video was released today.

Oh my. Wow. Link for the video?

So like....this is over, right? The campaign basically packs it in with not even enough money to catch a cab and they all walk home, right?

Not yet. Trump gave a non-apology apology ("sorry if you're offended") and further stated Bill has personally said worse to him on the golf course.

So business as usual for the cheetoh

• Options
    I truly want to know how any woman still supports Trump after this

• Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    ew what the fuck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular

Fuck em. Those people are mentally ill. I try not to dismiss other ways of thinking as truly "crazy", but after today's revelations? They no longer get the benefit of the doubt.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    "LOOK AT ME!!!"

*Julian Assange starts sobbing*

look at me

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Good to see Matt Laurer continues to be a joke.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    No way in heck does Trump drop out like that guy is suggesting, but there are tons of leaks from the Trump people right now showing they are in a frenzied panic.

• Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

I want to know why an evangelical would support Trump after this. In what Bible is God OK with that?

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular

I want it. I want more. I want more more.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Kipling wrote: »

I want to know why an evangelical would support Trump after this. In what Bible is God OK with that?

The one in their mind. They keep it right next to their mental version of the Constitution.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Pence can't run for President at this point, can he? Ballots are set.

Like best Trump could do is somehow get elected and then resign.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

Because he'll give them the judges and laws they want.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

literally it has nothing to do with trump for them and everything to do with not electing hillary

they are taking the ted cruz angle

it's hypocritical as shit, but i mean, you know

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

My body is ready

• Options
    HiroconHirocon Registered User regular

Is this guy actually in a position to know, or is he just speculating?
    I don't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed...

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Trump isn't stopping, I don't think he's physically capable of not going through with this all the way to Nov 8. I doubt the things he said even register in his mind as out of the ordinary.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I cannot imagine giving a shit about Clinton's speeches to Goldman Sachs.

I do but Hillary is still the best choice.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular

If what is yet to come is "much worse" then Hillary is going to need Mike Row to do oppo research to top today.

• Options

literally it has nothing to do with trump for them and everything to do with not electing hillary

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
  • Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular

And the Bible/theology is, perhaps unsurprisingly, pretty irrelevant to a lot of evangelicals.

• Options

TRUMP: So...
    CONWAY:
    TRUMP: I mean...
    CONWAY:
    TRUMP: Well, so, look: I mean, first of all, hi.
    CONWAY:
    TRUMP: Really. Bottom of my heart: hi

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I wonder if cutting spending on ads today wasn't a coincidence for the Trump campaign

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    How many October surprises are there going to be?

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm reminded of a tweet from a source inside the Trump campaign just before the first debate. I'm paraphrasing here but it went something like "we just hope Donald doesn't drop trow and wave his balls at everyone."

We thought it was just a ploy to fuck with the media, lower expectations for him so basically he couldn't lose.

But maybe there's no grand media strategy and most of his staffers are basically horrified of what he might do or say next.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I think I'm dropping money on Ryan withdrawing trump endorsement. 21 cents now...

This will never happen

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I can't believe I changed my day off from Monday to Friday just gone.

After the last 24 hours, there's no way I can skip the second debate, so I guess I'm going to work Monday after 4 hours sleep.

Thanks, Obama (and the UK-US time difference) !

I think Donald may actually have a stroke trying to defend himself this time.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

There are 24 days left. So up to 72 I'd say.

• Options

it's an octstravaganza of surprises

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    "there you go with the pussy grabbing thing again"

-Mike Pence, probably

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

A maybe hack twelve years ago should really not influence how much faith you have in their ability to combat something like that now

Not much has actually changed and you're kidding yourself if you think State level governments have robust Information Security programs. Even a company like Google with more or less unlimited money to throw at security is basically keeping parity with attackers. If the elections aren't hacked it's because Russia wasn't willing to go that far, not because we're actually secure.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Good to see Matt Laurer continues to be a joke.

Lewandowski: I am a private citizen, I do not advise Trump anymore, I am a private citizen, I do not advise Trump anymore, I am a private citizen, I do not advise Trump anymore, I am a private citizen, I do not advise Trump anymore...

Jesus, dude, guilty much?

• Options

"he would never treat me that way/ they must have been asking for it"

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

"he would never treat me that way/ they must have been asking for it"

i've literally heard "well clinton is 10x worse" already from more than one person

i just

i can't

• Options
    No way in heck does Trump drop out like that guy is suggesting, but there are tons of leaks from the Trump people right now showing they are in a frenzied panic.

If Trump does drop out, you know who will have already prepared for it?

Hillary Clinton

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    jmcdonald wrote: »

you all get the drift

also:
    Elki wrote: »
    The US has officially accused Russia of attempting to interfere in the 2016 elections.
    I, uh.. I remember this from 2011

5:18PM BST 01 Jun 2011
    Washington will to consider using conventional weaponry in response to a cyber-attack on the United States, according a new US strategy

Remember, the last time the US retaliated against Russian hackers, they made a pipeline program with a logic bomb and blew up a Siberian Pipeline with the force of 3 Kilotons.

http://www.economist.com/node/16478792?story_id=16478792&fsrc=rss

This attack is badass. First example of a kinetic attack via electronic payload. Don't think it was in retaliation for hacks though IIRC, it was old school physical espionage that let the Soviets steal the software with the logic bomb in it.

This discussion has been closed.