As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Loose in [Chat]ago

19495969798100»

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    I don't even know what that's supposed to mean I just wanted to say "cuntsplain"

I be using bitchsplain

but thats definitely for vaginally identifying humans only

no smelly boys allowed

sexist omg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    I don't even know what that's supposed to mean I just wanted to say "cuntsplain"

I be using bitchsplain

no smelly boys allowed

This exclusionary misandrist language

As an incelb

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    That said, I tend not to use any of those words. I just call people cocks and dicks elongated penises..
    dicks elongated penises

what?

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    It's the End!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    That said, I tend not to use any of those words. I just call people cocks and dicks elongated penises..
    dicks elongated penises

what?

Pretend I forgot to add a word in there. Feel free to get creative with it!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

I be using bitchsplain

no smelly boys allowed

This exclusionary misandrist language

get your stinky ballsack outta here

go on, shoo!

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Ou8ShCBBs

yessssss

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    possibly my favorite use of cunt in media:

(spoilered for game of thrones season 4 spoilers)

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I feel like people tend to be really nice to me when I'm drunk. I get the perception that I just get unabashedly sincere most of the time.

I've said some incredibly nasty things to people in texts while drunk, though. I think it has a lot to do with the rift between how I think I'm coming off (like I'm confessing my soul in a reconciliatory gesture) and how I actually come off (like I'm saying a bunch of mean shit to someone).

...the rift between mean shit and gestures of reconcilitation is immense, how do you manage that?

I've spent too long thinking that other people obsess over straight, unbridled honesty to the same degree that I do, and used to operate under the very naive assumption that if I was just perfectly honest in sharing my thoughts/feelings with someone that they would necessarily feel the compulsion to turn around and do the same and it'd always result in some sort of cathartic mutual understanding.

In reality, that isn't at all how things turn out.
    Yeah, but if that TV moment always worked, then all the other TV moments would work too, and we'd be in a lot of trouble.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    @surrealitycheck

Thursday will be the day.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    "What's that carrot doing."

"Just uh... sitting there."

"I need that carrot."

"Need it? Or want it?"

"......I need it."

Conversation with my almost 3 year old upon seeing a stray stuffed carrot in a living room display at IKEA.

I am a sucker and we left with a stuffed carrot AND a stuffed broccoli.

"What are their names?"

*incredulous look* "Carrot and Broccoli."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I feel as if that image has at least one spoiler.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYgPznBrjiA

here's a song that samples Aphex Twin and it's amazing

edit: both vid and song are prob nsfw

Tav on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Outside of chelle I do not have a single friend in my day to day real life.
    i think the distinction between 'real life' and internet isn't generally meaningful but then i have days where i actually don't talk to anyone and i find that miserable so ... uh...

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    The C word never recovered from being labeled as a base curse here in the US.

We use fuck as the most reasonable analogue these days.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    if it wasn't for The Rubberbandits I wouldn't know who Éamon de Valera was.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016

if you talkin bout mine why you think I spoilered it ya daft bastard

edit: oh you mean the adorable cats

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I feel like people tend to be really nice to me when I'm drunk. I get the perception that I just get unabashedly sincere most of the time.

I've said some incredibly nasty things to people in texts while drunk, though. I think it has a lot to do with the rift between how I think I'm coming off (like I'm confessing my soul in a reconciliatory gesture) and how I actually come off (like I'm saying a bunch of mean shit to someone).

...the rift between mean shit and gestures of reconcilitation is immense, how do you manage that?

I've spent too long thinking that other people obsess over straight, unbridled honesty to the same degree that I do, and used to operate under the very naive assumption that if I was just perfectly honest in sharing my thoughts/feelings with someone that they would necessarily feel the compulsion to turn around and do the same and it'd always result in some sort of cathartic mutual understanding.

In reality, that isn't at all how things turn out.
    Yeah, but if that TV moment always worked, then all the other TV moments would work too, and we'd be in a lot of trouble.
    While most people know the difference between reality and TV fiction, there are a fair amount of cues that we take from televised examples. It wouldn't be unreasonable to have TV moments actually "work" simply because of cultural conditioning. And some TV moments could work, while others do not. Could just be a random chance thing, but I don't think that ALL TV moments could work simply because one of them does.

TV.

Butts.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I had to wake up at 6:40 to move my car before the street sweeper came through

Am I even still alive

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

if you talkin bout mine why you think I spoilered it ya daft bastard

no the stranger things cat one

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 3.4

@Neco will create the new thread
    @Tav is backup

This discussion has been closed.