Options

Not [Chat]Some Enough

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    but being able to hold a wow sword upright already strains belief even with the liberal magics of that world

a wow sized sword with an engine and a chain and housing and shit? Nope. NOPE.

NOPE.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Does anyone actually carry warhammers in Warhammer or is it all chainsaw swords and walking skulltanks and blood

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    The best way to soothe trump election anxiety to to picture the universe as a single 4D object of space time and remember that to an external observer, the flow of time would simply be another dimension like width or length is to us

except for the minus sign on the metric in the time dimension

that sneaky, sneaky minus sign

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Does anyone actually carry warhammers in Warhammer or is it all chainsaw swords and walking skulltanks and blood

d70df4068526e14f48b0ebde578514fc.jpg

An entire faction uses them.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Huh I'd never seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXt_ioJ7D2k

Lilypichu's voice is indistinguishable from Lulu's VO

• Options
    2011-08-12_11-51-29_624%20(640x360).jpg

You just have to two hand the sucker.

And be huge.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Also enough planning heresy.

I am off to bed.

*cough*Skulls for the skull throne.*cough*

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The best way to soothe trump election anxiety to to picture the universe as a single 4D object of space time and remember that to an external observer, the flow of time would simply be another dimension like width or length is to us

except for the minus sign on the metric in the time dimension

that sneaky, sneaky minus sign

Oh you extra dimensional creatures you.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Having watched the series that had Geena Davis as the president of the united state I am confident that Bill Clinton will become the commissioner of baseball and that Hillary will declide to pardon a mentally retarded drug addict from death row but will update the declaration of independence to be "all men and women are created equal"

My hard core conservative stepdad loves that show and it is the weirdest thing to me until I remember he's got a thing for Geena Davis.
    As should we all.

I too enjoyed the show.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I just made a poor life choice.

I stated I would buy drinks if Hillary wins Texas.

I know my friends.

If this occurs...

My poor pocket book.

HAHAHAHAHA HILLARY IS NOT GOING TO WIN TEXAS, I'd double down on two nights of drinks

If Hillary wins Texas I'm good for at least a round at PAX South.

Shit if Hillary wins Texas PAX South is going to be where [Chat]ters go to die.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Isn't Warhammer Age of Sigmar now? And I think there are actual warhammers.

There are power weapons that are basically warhammers in 40K though, or there used to be

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    If Texas goes blue I'm taking back everything bad I ever said about Oklahoma because OK's at least LOYAL

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    but being able to hold a wow sword upright already strains belief even with the liberal magics of that world

NOPE.

what if I told you there were genetically engineered ubermensch designed and supported by a magic space fascist?

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    if Texas goes blue, i am going to miss work on Wednesday and not move

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    And there are probably machine spirits powering the chain sword and or axe

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »

I am pretty sure that regardless of what happens on the 8th, Wednesday is going to be a bad day for me.

Hell, I have one comp day left, I might wind up taking it that Wednesday just to avoid most of the post election furor.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Wait they're space Germans then of course

• Options
    I like Donald Sutherland, I like it when he is the antagonist I was going to say, until I remembered The Hungry Games

Which I did not like, not one jot

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

NOPE.
    They're eight foot tall supersoldiers ludious

• Options
    seriously.

i should probably take Wednesday off now.

i am don't know if I will be able to function

• Options
    I like Donald Sutherland, I like it when he is the antagonist I was going to say, until I remembered The Hungry Games

My stepdad asked "has Donald Sutherland ever played a role where he wasn't a slimy piece of shit?"

All I could come up with was the film version of M*A*S*H

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    seriously.

i should probably take Wednesday off now.

i am don't know if I will be able to function

on the one hand I want to stay up late watching the election and coverage

on the other hand no matter how tired I am I expect to be carried through wednesday on either a cloud of joy or a river of shit

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    @MrMister I'm not coherent enough to respond to your struggles in one piece, but here are some Thought Fragments:

sort of like what Spool said
    Stephen Hawking brings up symmetries at one point in A Brief History of Time, focusing specifically on T-symmetry. I'm not sure I entirely understand the concept myself, but I think it's basically saying that if you have a state A that after time T becomes state B. However, state B does not necessarily become state A if you simply reverse T. Example: if A is an egg 5 feet above the floor, state B is the egg splattered. But state B may not contain sufficient information to arrive at state A merely by going backwards in time: the egg may have been lying on the floor for T/2 or T/4, and these possibilities will greatly affect the condition of the egg in state A.

The point of this nonsense is that perhaps some aspect of the scenario has a similar T-asymmetry: consciousness, or morality, or responsibility, or somesuch. Thus some future consequences may not have enough... information encoded in them to have any imperative over our present actions or lack thereof.

on consciousness
    I assume you're aware of split-brain stuff, we had a very interesting thread on it here at one point. There is some reason to think that severing the corpus callosum can result in an individual consciousness in each hemisphere, which potentially leads to an interesting question if you successfully argue for procreation: should we feel ethically obligated to split consciousness as much as possible, to create as many as we can? Perhaps there is an argument to be made that we shouldn't reduce the number of conscious individuals (with exceptions etc.) but there is no imperative to increase the number?

on dogs
    Well I guess I've used up all my personal time for the evening.

gjv4o9unqjt7.jpg

I had something else in mind I think but now it's all just bark bork bark.

• Options
    milski wrote: »

I am pretty sure that regardless of what happens on the 8th, Wednesday is going to be a bad day for me.

Hell, I have one comp day left, I might wind up taking it that Wednesday just to avoid most of the post election furor.

seriously

there's a bar 200 ft from my apartment, and they are super liberal.

it meas i get to see my family less around xmas. but there's just no way i will be able to be sober enough to drive the next day.

• Options

My stepdad asked "has Donald Sutherland ever played a role where he wasn't a slimy piece of shit?"

He was Merrick in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer and he was a good dude if something of a cypher and a weirdo

also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRHA9W-zExQ

n

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    less is

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    if Hillary wins texas I will smile for a solid nine seconds as an expression of joy

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular

that geena davis show, he was a piece of shit, but he wasn't slimy.

or maybe he was slimy, but he wasn't a piece of shit.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Dirty Dozen, and Kelly's Heroes.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Cloudbusting in turn lead to Utah Saint's - Something Good

Which was then remixed and rereleased with this video clip which always slays me and is true facts history of the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7MC8Lw5e9Q

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

Dirty Dozen, and Kelly's Heroes.

He was a protagonist in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    if Hillary wins texas I will smile for a solid nine seconds as an expression of joy
    qjSYKJY.gif

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

I haven't seen it but what about the one movie where he plays a father whose son died

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Brad Bird's Jerry Orbach Memorial Art Car kickstarter got funded with 3 hours to go. This is awesome.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I will probably not watch the election coverage unless there is an actual chance of Trump winning. I certainly don't see a reason to celebrate any more than I'd celebrate avoiding any other sort of needless calamity in a way that left me unscathed but with a real concern for the intentions and credulity of at least 45% of the people in my community.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Man that was a good bacon sandwich.

Now to hide the evidence before my wife gets home.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    TL DR wrote: »
    I will probably not watch the election coverage unless there is an actual chance of Trump winning. I certainly don't see a reason to celebrate any more than I'd celebrate avoiding any other sort of needless calamity in a way that left me unscathed but with a real concern for the intentions and credulity of at least 45% of the people in my community.

they say that one becomes extremely amorous after a near death experience (as in, almost getting hit by a truck. not the nonsense about leaving your body and going toward the light), it is life affirming

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    less is

it would be a betrayal of the spirit of this post to use a reaction button

• Options
    My favorite Donald Sutherland role was in Backdraft where he played an arsonist.

That film had a really good cast. De Niro still in his give-a-shit phase, Kurt Russell, Sutherland, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Scott Glenn, Rebecca de Mornay, and one of the Lesser Baldwins

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @OnTheLastCastle so I just hit rank 13 on hearthstone. I am kind of plowing through people with a middish range shaman. Its also super cheap to build.

Though damn it has a lot of answers to everything.

@mazzyx yeah if you find a good deck you can hit upper levels easy. Noice

This discussion has been closed.