Options

David [Chat] Pumpkins

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The worst skydiving story I remember is the dude on his like first or second jump that still had to go tandem and his instructor died halfway through the jump.

there was another one where the instructor basically put himself under the client after some failure. and they hit the ground way too hard and the instructor was partially paralyzed or something whereas the client made a full recovery.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    How deep would a pool of sulphur hexafluoride have to be to save your life falling into it at terminal velocity, and assuming you somehow landed safely, could you get out of it before you asphyxiated if there were a ladder

Well, the important question here is what is a human's terminal velocity in sulphur hexaflouride.
    We just have to look at the extensive data in this totally realistic and plausible scenario that happens all the time, right?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    desc

i've eaten at arbys

We have all known the

Oh you know what I needis the Matt Groening
    Honk wrote: »
    Would be so fucking funny if Arby's embraced the meme and hired the nihilist arby's guy to do all of their marketing.

I wouldn't even be surprised if it had been them from the get go

At all

desc what is going on here

I couldn't be bothered to select and delete the text that drafts kept

Selecting and deleting a partial body of text in iOS is incredibly annoying in my experience

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I preface this by saying that I acknowledge that it is a problem whilst seeing no end in sight to feeling this way.

At lunch I passed a sign that said "If you see someone without a smile give them yours" and my immediate reaction was

FUUUUCCCKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

followed by these thoughts

"Oh sure I bet you only mean if it's a pretty girl, sexist asshole"
    "Or maybe you think a smile is going to feed them and god forbid you give them some money you piece of shit"

and then I saw a dog and things were OK

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

wait hold up

I've always wanted to be able to buy hunted venison in a store or through some easy exchange but apparently the FDA or something doesn't like it

but arbys can do it

this is bullshit let me serve my ecological role as top predator

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    How deep would a pool of sulphur hexafluoride have to be to save your life falling into it at terminal velocity, and assuming you somehow landed safely, could you get out of it before you asphyxiated if there were a ladder

Well, the important question here is what is a human's terminal velocity in sulphur hexaflouride.

No matter what it is they sound fricking awesome all the way down.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

I have 1 problem with that, and it's that deer aren't processed like beef so like I trust the meat I get when I harvest one but I'm not going to trust Arby's deer meat.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

"Hunters hunt the meats, and we have the meats," Lynch said in a press release.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    The worst skydiving story I remember is the dude on his like first or second jump that still had to go tandem and his instructor died halfway through the jump.

there was another one where the instructor basically put himself under the client after some failure. and they hit the ground way too hard and the instructor was partially paralyzed or something whereas the client made a full recovery.

Holy shit the survivor's guilt on that is unreal

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    without having to actually hunt, clean, and prepare the animal I mean

I'm not a monster

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    With about 10 meters of appropriately packed snow you could get like 99% survivability being thrown out of a plane.

I, too, hope I'm thrown out of a plane during the blizzard of 1993.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Chanus I found a series of pictures of you online.

symbiosis.png

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The farlands alien popped up in our VR demo and it's like, RIGHT THERE in front of your face. My girlfriend trying the mall demo went AHHHH and turned around and refused to look at it because it freaked her out and I thought it was some xenomorph type thing. Nope, it's this:
    Cgf6ZqTXIAA_1If.jpg
    It was hilarious and adorable. It was WAY inside the personal bubble when it popped up though.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    With about 10 meters of appropriately packed snow you could get like 99% survivability being thrown out of a plane.

You can also survive a drop from a plane on to a grassy hill, provided you land on the downward slope

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    I preface this by saying that I acknowledge that it is a problem whilst seeing no end in sight to feeling this way.

At lunch I passed a sign that said "If you see someone without a smile give them yours" and my immediate reaction was

"Or maybe you think a smile is going to feed them and god forbid you give them some money you piece of shit"

The dog gave you his smile. It worked!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i would try an arby's venison sandwich but not if it's like a whole venison steak like in that pic in the article

that would be like a shoe leather sandwich

• Options
    GOOD

I'M GLAD I RUIN CHAT FOR SOME OF YOU

JERKS >:(

• Options
    ludious i too would like to see you smile

to help, i'm going to hold a box of oatmeal cream pies slightly out of frame for you to see

• Options

wait hold up

I've always wanted to be able to buy hunted venison in a store or through some easy exchange but apparently the FDA or something doesn't like it

but arbys can do it

this is bullshit let me serve my ecological role as top predator
    Yes. Deer "meat".

(You can put air-quotes around any word in that sentence, actually, and get the point across)

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Chanus I found a series of pictures of you online.

http://poorlydrawnlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/symbiosis.png

i don't even get any royalties for my likeness or anything

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i would try an arby's venison sandwich but not if it's like a whole venison steak like in that pic in the article

that would be like a shoe leather sandwich

So standard Arby's then

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    i luv u chanus even if you have to attend maryland re-education camp this summer

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

I have 1 problem with that, and it's that deer aren't processed like beef so like I trust the meat I get when I harvest one but I'm not going to trust Arby's deer meat.

They're farmed deer, so they're probably bolt-gunned and mechanically separated like all the other meats.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    we've all known the what desc?

the what????

There's a panel from life is hell where the rabbit is quoting “The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.” and I want it as a response to Arby's style jokes

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Tungsten hexaflouride is about twice as dense as sulphur hexaflouride, so that might be better.

Of course if you breathe it in it's gonna melt your lungs, so don't do that.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I never said I fuckin smiled you libelous goose

• Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    i luv u chanus even if you have to attend maryland re-education camp this summer

man i don't even have any reason to go to maryland

like ever

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

We just have to look at the extensive data in this totally realistic and plausible scenario that happens all the time, right?
    I was wondering this exact same thing on my lunchtime walk, but it diverged into wondering if there is some scenario where the density of a gas could sufficiently increase with "depth" to something something.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Man now I want some venison tho

Next weekend...

and soon muzzleloading season starts so I can stop trying to use a fucking bow and arrow to do this bullshit.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

NO

• Options
    Oatmeal-Creme-Pies-3.jpg

i haven't eaten one of these in probably 10 years but i was putting some on a display the other day and had the most vivid, detailed memory of the flavor. it was bizarre.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Our FSA ended in July. There was no run-out period, which apparently means that claims can't be submitted at all after 6/30, even for expenses that took place during coverage. That's legal? Apparently.

On 6/10, I submitted a claim for $235.
    On 8/24, I emailed the provider asking why it was applied incorrectly to the next year's plan.

"Whoops!" They're telling me. "We can't make any changes to the FSA since the contract has been canceled!"

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I never said I fuckin smiled you libelous goose

You can still smile!

In your heart

• Options

They're farmed deer, so they're probably bolt-gunned and mechanically separated like all the other meats.

I don't know why but I have a huge problem with the idea of "farmed deer"

Like, REALLY huge problem

• Options
    hey lets have a discussion about the morality of hunting

• Options

It is moral only when hunting humans

• Options
    How far could you fall and land in a big pool of jell-o and still be okay.

(the stuff you put in the fridge, not the stuff Cosby.... the stuff you put in the fridge)

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Okay as long as you make the weapons yourselves.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

You're welcome to go back and read the thread wherein we proved conclusively that such a discussion is impossible.

This discussion has been closed.