Options

[2016 Presidential Election] Vote Early, Vote Often

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    There's a very elderly man and his wife acting as "poll monitors" per Trump's blathering suggestion.

She has a prosthetic leg, and doesn't look like she's used to it. Probably diabetes.

This is so sad. Sarah McLachlan-commercial sad.

"In the arms of an angel, far away from here..."

For just dollars a day you can help a trump voter come back to reality and get on their meds.

Oh, if only it was so cheap.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Why do they have the arrow line thing? That seems so bizarre.

That's just how they do them here. I assume someone, somewhere, thinks it's easier for a computer to read.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    As hilarious as this is, they don't track any write ins that aren't official candidates. If you're trying to make a statement or whatever.

As I said, I'm a California Republican; my vote hasn't mattered federal elections for pretty much my entire life. The most recent poll I saw has Clinton taking the state 56-30, and since I had no desire to vote for the tribble-headed goose anyways, why not make the most of it.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

to ensure you make a mark the scanner will detect

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    As hilarious as this is, they don't track any write ins that aren't official candidates. If you're trying to make a statement or whatever.

As I said, I'm a California Republican; my vote hasn't mattered federal elections for pretty much my entire life. The most recent poll I saw has Clinton taking the state 56-30, and since I had no desire to vote for the tribble-headed goose anyways, why not make the most of it.

Weirdly, as a California Democrat, I am technically in the same boat. The state's gonna go blue whether I vote or not.

I vote anyway just in case, but statistically it's never gonna matter.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Oh Jebus, enthusiasts I'm seeing are talking about how they've bet 3k-7.500$ on the Trump. :lol:

Gonna stay in those threads to see how these investments are paying out for them.

Damn, is there no way for me to get in on those bets?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Local races matter...

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Weirdly, as a California Democrat, I am technically in the same boat. The state's gonna go blue whether I vote or not.

I think the fact that our senate race is between the Democratic Candidate and The Other Democratic Candidate really says everything you need to know about the current state of California politics.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

That's just how they do them here. I assume someone, somewhere, thinks it's easier for a computer to read.

Are there any other California voters that get paranoid and fill in the entire arrow, even though it explicitly says you can just draw 1 line?

Just me?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    I'd say Ground game is more important than Polls and one side actually has one, and the other cut funding to the org that could provide one. Like polls are good, they show you where you're at. Ground game literally converts voters to votes, its the most important part of your campaign.

This election should be a pretty good demonstration of exactly how useful the ground game is. One has a good ground game and one basically has none so this is probably about the clearest demonstration of overall impact they can have. Generally they are said to give you an extra 2-3% and if that is the case that could swing a lot of states to hillary.
    Data is from the National Election Survey from 2012, but GOTV efforts have a significant effect on voter turn out. It's an even stronger relationship than income. 7gats23ruy42.jpg

• Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Are there any other California voters that get paranoid and fill in the entire arrow, even though it explicitly says you can just draw 1 line?

Just me?

.... I do this too.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Oh look Jason Chaffetz is an asshole

On top of Ted Cruz saying there is history for having sub 9 SCOTUS judges thereby truly signaling the GOP will block that going forward. Here we have a house member already talking about investigations before she's even elected.

“It’s a target-rich environment,” said Chaffetz in a interview in Salt Lake City’s suburbs. “Even before we get to Day One, we’ve got two years worth of material already lined up. She has four years of history at the State Department, and it ain’t good.”

Guess he mains Soldier 76.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    Local races matter...

Local and state elections, to a lesser extent, since I live in Southern California. I voted seriously for the rest of the ballot.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

On top of Ted Cruz saying there is history for having sub 9 SCOTUS judges thereby truly signaling the GOP will block that going forward. Here we have a house member already talking about investigations before she's even elected.

“It’s a target-rich environment,” said Chaffetz in a interview in Salt Lake City’s suburbs. “Even before we get to Day One, we’ve got two years worth of material already lined up. She has four years of history at the State Department, and it ain’t good.”

As someone who doesn't play Overwatch, care to draw the connection here?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I think the fact that our senate race is between the Democratic Candidate and The Other Democratic Candidate really says everything you need to know about the current state of California politics.

That they remember Arnold? :3

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

That jungle primaries are a bad idea and exactly the sort of progressive seeming thing that proved to be a bad idea that California did in the past along with things like a really bad referendum system?

Couscous on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh Jebus, enthusiasts I'm seeing are talking about how they've bet 3k-7.500$ on the Trump. :lol:

Gonna stay in those threads to see how these investments are paying out for them.
    The real question, will they actually pay the people they owe?
    As in, they've already put those sums into betting agencies. :wink:
    Something about "They dare doubt the Trump!! Strike gold while the odds are high!"
    august wrote: »
    Quoting this again because I just noticed something.

LGBTQ's for Trump? WHAT?!?

.... Hooooooow?
    The best thing was the white grandma with the "BLACKS FOR TRUMP!" sign.
    Cambiata wrote: »

I imagine Clinton's odds doesn't have the same payout? :(

Panda4You on
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular

Well what I want to know is whose 3 cent titanium tax goes too far?

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular

More an indictment of the jungle primary, no?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    To be fair to the white grandma, she was probably given the sign by the black guy next to her, who is a real crazy guy. This is his website if you're curious: gods2.com

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    ok what happened today to merit a billion posts

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    KetBra wrote: »

Absolutely nothing. There's been no real news, so we're off in the weeds discussing the ethics of protest instead.

Orca on
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular

it's < 2 weeks till the election. If there was a sane R candidate we'd be at about 0.5-1 thread per day right now.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Ok great now I feel no compunction to catch up on the thread

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Ok great now I feel no compunction to catch up on the thread

See folks.

Complacency strikes the liberal voters yet again

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

Target rich environment is one of Soldier 76's voice lines.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Feriluce wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »

Target rich environment is one of Soldier 76's voice lines.

Ah, thanks. I thought there was some kind of comment about the meta going on there. Instead it was something I could pick up instantly...if I played the game. :p

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
  • Options
    jmcdonald wrote: »

Those losers decided not to join the winning team. Sad.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

It's an 'Insight Plus' voting machine for whichever county you're in.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Rchanen wrote: »

Well what I want to know is whose 3 cent titanium tax goes too far?

All I know is, your 3 cent titanium tax doesn't go too far enough.

Sidenote: I really wish we tracked write ins, if only to know how many people have voted for the severed head of Richard Nixon.
    Haroooo!

Priest on
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »

Unfortunately, they had a prior engagement over at the McMullin party:

the_great_gatsby.jpg

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Our most famous civil disrupters are remembered that way because of a State backed disinfo campaign to discredit and delegitimize militant Black protestors. The peaceniks wouldn't have gotten near the traction they did without the existential threat of the Black Panthers.
    The Black Panthers tortured and murdered a teenager because they thought he was an FBI informant. More of them died in paranoid intra-organization purges than were ever shot by the police. They need no one to "delegitimize" them; their actions speak for themselves.

Re: Hollywood star-
    Who cares? Guy committed politically-motivated vandalism and got arrested for it. It's a nonissue, like if someone took a hammer to the Clinton Foundation building facade or threw a brick through a Trump property window.

Is it really paranoia if the FBI really was out to get them? COINTELPRO was a hell of a thing

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Trump has no realistic path to victory without Florida. Current early voting trends show the amount of democrats and republicans are close to even. What does this mean?
    Fueled by a strong first day of in-person early voting, ... Democrats threaten to overtake Republicans in the number of votes banked before Nov. 8.

Of the 1.6 million votes recorded Tuesday morning, about 665,000 were made by Florida Republicans (almost 42 percent) and 658,000 by Democrats (almost 41 percent). That means Republicans are only holding on to a margin of 0.43 percentage points in pre-Election Day ballots cast over Democrats.

The GOP lead over Democrats was 1.7 points on Monday morning, before the first in-person early voting polls opened. And at that point, on Monday, Republicans were well behind the 5 point advantage they held in pre-Election Day ballots cast during the same period of the election in 2012.
    That's right -- four years ago, just as in-person voting was starting, there were 5% more Republican votes than Democratic votes. This year, the parties are much closer to even. And remember, once all the votes had been counted, Obama beat Romney in Florida. So Clinton is ahead of Obama's winning pace.

Rigged!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I've come across the statement that Dole was basically detached from by the rest of the GOP in 1996 but I have no memory of that time and am not sure how to get more context. does anyone know of a good article?

I'll google and post if I find something good but it's usually worth asking

edit this was good http://www.nytimes.com/1996/11/08/us/how-bob-dole-s-dream-was-dashed.html?_r=0

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Nevada Republicans are terrified by the early vote, think they're going to get wiped out.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    CanipsoCanipso Deep Terror Threshark Registered User regular

My local furniture store had a promotion about 3 months ago. Buy furniture, pay for it, and then choose which party you think will win the presidency. If you're correct, you get a full refund and keep the furniture. I bought $8k worth of stuff.

Early voted this afternoon, Democrats +1. Turn Texas blue.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Canipso wrote: »

My local furniture store had a promotion about 3 months ago. Buy furniture, pay for it, and then choose which party you think will win the presidency. If you're correct, you get a full refund and keep the furniture. I bought $8k worth of stuff.

Early voted this afternoon, Democrats +1. Turn Texas blue.

Well that's one place that is likely going out of business.

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular

That's how they do them here in Massachusetts, too. Oh, and I voted early on the first day it started here(Oct. 24), so I'm all set. Go Clinton!

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
This discussion has been closed.