Options

The [Steam] Thread didn't win any Steam Awards :(

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Duke should realize he's gay midway through

"All of my treatment of women was actually just a cover for my true self, baby."

Then BAM, male strip club

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Duke should go full Chuck Tingle

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Here, have some Steam keys:
    CRXR6-NM4RV-3M55W

(Legend of Grimrock 2)
    taken

(Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen)
    taken

(Mordheim: City Of The Damned)

Took the grimrock code. Thanks!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Obsidian's Duke Nukem

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Duke Nukem Forever but Duke is revealed to be an immortal everchanging manifestiation of the most negative perceptions of masculinity

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The next Duke Nukem game should be a game about Duke Nukem running for president

You need to fight all of the other Duke Nukem type characters in order to be the worst of the worst, but that's just the first act

Then you have to fight a succession of increasingly powerful campaign managers who keep taking your phone away from you

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Duke Nukem, a medieval era feudal high society simulator.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I think there's some merit in a relatively unchanged Duke Nukem in a world that has moved past him and is utterly sick of his schtick, but it would be very difficult to make that work without also making the audience sick of it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I mean, I think the solution to an actual Duke Nukem game is to not play as Duke Nukem but have him as a supporting character that the developer can sprinkle through the story. A redemption story of Duke Nukem, from the guy who's all outdated schtick to a Big Damn Hero saving your ass.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    the next Duke Nukem has extended segments where Duke just breaks down crying

"I'm just so tired of trying to be something I'm not, baby"

• Options
    you need a writer who hates duke nukem

so that we can love duke nukem

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

POUNDED IN MY BALLS OF STEEL BY HARD GUM CHEWING BUCKAROO the new Tingler by Chuck Tingle

edit: I just learned that the "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum..." line from that stupid ventrilo harrassment video we used to share during raid downtime (10 years ago oh my) is not actually from duke nukem. Everything is a cheap facade.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Duke uses it though.

• Options
    pretty much no duke nukem line is a duke nukem original

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    holy shit dishonored 2 is 33% off thanks to the VGAs

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »

POUNDED IN MY BALLS OF STEEL BY HARD GUM CHEWING BUCKAROO the new Tingler by Chuck Tingle

edit: I just learned that the "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum..." line from that stupid ventrilo harrassment video we used to share during raid downtime (10 years ago oh my) is not actually from duke nukem. Everything is a cheap facade.

Just take this as an opportunity to go watch They Live because it's a great movie

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    duke nukem is one of the most derivative characters ever made and that was fine until 3d realms started taking him seriously

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    We need the Duke Nukem equivalent of Elliot Gould's Phillip Marlowe in Robert Altman's The Long Goodbye. An out of time throwback who's painfully aware the world has moved on and yet still yearns for and embodies a kind of rose-tinted nistalgia for an era that only ever existed in fantasy.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Jars wrote: »
    holy shit dishonored 2 is 33% off thanks to the VGAs

I hope it's that and not just that it sold like shit

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    my favorite duke line was always "eat shit and die". to 9 year old me that coming from a video game was both mindblowing and utterly hilarious

• Options
    Honestly "I'm going to rip your head off and shit down your neck" is a pretty good threat that we've just heard a bunch of times.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Tube wrote: »
    Honestly "I'm going to rip your head off and shit down your neck" is a pretty good threat that we've just heard a bunch of times.

The number of times it's been said versus the number of times it's been carried out has rendered it pretty toothless. Threats only really work if you think they might do it.

If someone convinced me they wanted to tear off my head and shit down my neck, I'd be terrified.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yeah because threats diminish with repetition, that doesn't mean it wasn't a pretty good line the first time someone thought of it. We've all heard "the shit really hit the fan" a million times but the first person to think of it still deserves a nobel price for literature.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I haven't seen anyone mention it but Battlerite is a very, very good game that's currently having a free weekend with a 25% off discount. It's definitely worth looking into if you like arena fighting game type things.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Blue map wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone mention it but Battlerite is a very, very good game that's currently having a free weekend with a 25% off discount. It's definitely worth looking into if you like arena fighting game type things.

Also it's not a MOBA.

broken image link
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I think there's some merit in a relatively unchanged Duke Nukem in a world that has moved past him and is utterly sick of his schtick, but it would be very difficult to make that work without also making the audience sick of it.

DNF had this with a single soldier who gives you your gear in the very beginning and then quickly ignored the concept

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Also it's not a MOBA.

But it's a really good RPG. :P

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Also it's not a MOBA.
    :hydra:

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    After watching Steam Train I bought Genital Jousting. Good for a quick group game.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Hyperlight Drifter was on sale, so I had to pick it up. It looks awesome.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Battlerite is pretty interesting. There's definitely been a couple matches where I get completely wrecked and I have no idea what I ought to have done differently, but it seems fun.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

give me duke

I got this

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

give me duke

I got this

I'm not sure I know anyone I trust with Duke as implicitly as I trust you, Dubh. Kickstart me.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    my duke spec script is basically Don Quixote but with his name scratched out for Duke Nukem.

"those alien bastards are going to pay for messing up My Ride."
    "but that's a windmill."
    "Don't you see it Sancho, the way they flail their strange arms at us? they're mocking us."

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Marvel Vs. Capcom is coming to PC!
    Ultimate MvC 3 is getting ported to PC next March:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KctMDsHVF8

And the next game in the series, Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite is coming next year:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOgJ9y0Ots

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

give me duke

I got this

How gay is he going to be

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

give me duke

I got this

She'd probably be pansexual?

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

give me duke

I got this

Dukerace, master of the piano, candelabra afficionado, action hero.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I'm here to suck dicks and chew bubble gum

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I'm here to suck dicks and chew bubble gum

Better than the other way around at least

This discussion has been closed.