As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD [Overwatch] Thread, GO TO 9.0!!!

1939495969799»

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    what if sombra's hack was instant, short range, AoE, and instead of stopping abilities it was a brief stun

An AoE stun that's not an ult? Nothankyou. I already hate McCree with a burning passion, and his stun is like a half-second.

(the joke is that I exactly described mccree's stun)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    what if sombra's hack was instant, short range, AoE, and instead of stopping abilities it was a brief stun

An AoE stun that's not an ult? Nothankyou. I already hate McCree with a burning passion, and his stun is like a half-second.

(the joke is that I exactly described mccree's stun)
    oh-you.jpg

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oh instead of random direction rockets, Pharah's rockets home in on the closest person to her (friend or foe) forcing her to get closer to the enemy team.

Lucio's healing beat heals the enemy team, but if you want to avoid that his speed boost changes speeds randomly, and can go into a speed reduction.

This might be too much fun.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    the only time I ever got mad at an enemy Sombra was when she hacked me (Zenny) right as their Zarya dropped her Graviton - I don't know if this was pre-planned or accidental, but either way it was highly effective cuz it prevented me from hitting Transcendence and saving my team

I was super annoyed and then proceeded to listen out for and kill Sombra repeatedly until she swapped

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Speaking of Sombra...
    https://gfycat.com/UnfinishedTestyBrocketdeer

I was a fan of that "Sombra's gun aimbots on hacked people" suggestion weeks or whatever back, but if they want her to be disruptive instead of increasing her killing power, I doubt anything like that will happen. They could make being hacked more of a detriment by fucking with/diasbling the HUD, or maybe some form of (obviously not instant-KO) telefragging with her teleporter to give that a more offensive side, or something like it detonating in a small EMP when the timer expires. I suspect it'll probably end up just being something like "hacked targets take 20% more damage" though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    That was my suggestion! Sad to read that it'll probably never happen.

If they want her to be more supportive, they should have done the hacking of health packs differently. If she hacks a health pack, it should be much less obvious to enemies that it's hacked, and picking it up should Hack them for X seconds (or whatever) instead of actually healing HP. This way you could avoid grabbing a hacked pack, like an observant player can avoid stepping on a Junkrat trap. Wouldn't it be cool if a hacked healthpack, instead of having a giant digital skull and crossbones over it, just had some visual glitches?

Though, you can shoot the trap to counterplay it; not sure what you could do to counterplay a hacked pack. Perhaps she could put a hacking module on or near the healthpack spawner, and you could find and shoot that.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Can I state that I am not a fan of this thing where people in skirmishes decide you can't fight? Like I want to practice. But then I am the bad guy for shooting.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Can I state that I am not a fan of this thing where people in skirmishes decide you can't fight? Like I want to practice. But then I am the bad guy for shooting.

You'll never see them again.

Shoot

Them

In

The

Face

• Options
    Rius wrote: »

If they want her to be more supportive, they should have done the hacking of health packs differently. If she hacks a health pack, it should be much less obvious to enemies that it's hacked, and picking it up should Hack them for X seconds (or whatever) instead of actually healing HP. This way you could avoid grabbing a hacked pack, like an observant player can avoid stepping on a Junkrat trap. Wouldn't it be cool if a hacked healthpack, instead of having a giant digital skull and crossbones over it, just had some visual glitches?

Though, you can shoot the trap to counterplay it; not sure what you could do to counterplay a hacked pack. Perhaps she could put a hacking module on or near the healthpack spawner, and you could find and shoot that.

I'm more a fan of changing it so she can relocate health packs instead of super charging them. That would definitely cement her as more of a support-type attacker and give her an actual role on defense.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

I'm more a fan of changing it so she can relocate health packs instead of super charging them. That would definitely cement her as more of a support-type attacker and give her an actual role on defense.

denying valuable health packs (say, the three main ones all around hanamura's point b) is actually real nasty on defense, it makes life as a flanker basically unworkable

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Do you know what's fun on Hanamura B defense?

Putting your Shield Generator on top of the big health pack that's in that mini hallway/room to the right and outside the main building (where the flying/teleporting/leaping flankers come from). Plaster the room with turrets.

Your Shield Gen will eat up the health pack the second it takes any damage, denying it to the flanker, while your turrets slowly melt them. If you put it in the right spot in that hallway, they cannot hit it without entering the microwave unless they're a Junkrat.

Pharah can still splash damage it but it'll take much longer and you'll have time to respond before she finishes it off.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Your Shield Gen will eat up the health pack the second it takes any damage,
    An ult that can use med packs? *Mind blown* Will try this next game.

Fantastic
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

You'll never see them again.

Shoot

Them

In

The

Face

The best thing is pretending to be peaceful and then shooting them in the face when they emote.

• Options
    Unlucky wrote: »

Yup! If you put it on a friendly-hacked one, it's even harder to kill.

• Options

Junkrat's Tire and Torb's Turret can also use health packs.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017

That was patched out around 8 months ago. If the shield gen uses them, I'm pretty sure it's a glitch.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

That was patched out around 8 months ago. If the shield gen uses them, I'm pretty sure it's a glitch.

Wait, really? I don't remember that patch note. Dang.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't call it a glitch, more an oversight that they haven't seen fit to patch out too. They probably should though.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

I never fight in skirmishes. It's pointless when 50% of the time you're there for five minutes and the other 50% you're there for three seconds.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »

I never fight in skirmishes. It's pointless when 50% of the time you're there for five minutes and the other 50% you're there for three seconds.

You can try to kill someone and make friends with them at the same time.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »

Skirmishes are pointless in any case. Do whatever you like

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    I just turned skirmish off and alt tab when queuing

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.