As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    porp don't even know how to mirror images

selfie game weak

1/10

Maybe porp knows.
    Maybe porp don't give two fox about it.

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    srsly thinking about putting some purple in my hair

only my hair is dyed auburn that isnt going to come out so i dont know how that would look

i kind of want to stay auburn but i guess i'm not opposed to going back to brown if it meant i got to have purple too

i like something like this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dc/c2/13/dcc2130e41d6c15e693cf39c7ecf39cb.jpg

Colored tips can be nice because it still looks good as your hair grows, but the downside if if you like to keep it short or trimmed often, you'll be cutting those tips off in no time.

which is why it's a great option for me, i only get my hair trimmed a few times a year at most. it's getting pretty long now actually, definitely time for a big trim

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Bostonians please recommend venues

Call the place mazzy linked, its legit.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I do like that they make a little windmill out of their cards though

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    skippydumptruck I just left a $2 tip on a $7 tab so here is the customary F U Skappy.

The other day I left a 20 on a $12 tab because I didn't feel like waiting for the waitress to come back, grab the money, make change, and come back again(she was very busy)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    You know what card game is weirdly vicious?

Double Hearts

It's Hearts, but you play with two decks combined, and the same card on the same trick nullifies both.

So if I lead the King of Spades, and you play the Queen of Spades, and the guy after you plays the other King of Spades, our Kings don't count for that trick (although it's still a Spades trick) and your Queen is leading, so if the fourth guy scoots under your Queen, you take the trick.

This can make the game RUDE AS HELL. I play it with my wife and her family (who introduced it to me) and man I am glad we're all good sports about it because dang, shit gets real.

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular

ur place

hakks catering emporium

ICE is rounding up people in Chicago now

sigh

edit: second-hand info, maybe hopefully it isn't true
    ugh

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Well

Stephen King has joined the game of Hugely Successful Fiction Writers Rip on trump on Twitter

I was surprised to learn via one of trump's responses that he actually knows the phrase 'ghost writer.'

well he should after everyone shat on him for the art of the deal because he didn't actually write it

I'm just... I feel like an American President should at least come across as more more intelligent than a writer of children's books and a writer of pop horror

But... fuck no. This guy just sounds like a fairly advanced middle-schooler

Sad

I think that's selling both King and Rowling short on their fiction.

Yeah I get the sentiment here but like I don't think we've had a president this century that could come across as more intelligent than King or Rowling.

At minimum, Wilson could. Truman and elder Bush too.

maybe some of the early presidents too since most of them were highly educated elites

edit: reading fail, didn't see "this century"

Well I think Obama might of been able to but I never read his stuff in the Harvard Law Review. Dude was a lawyer. Dreams of my Father was a decent read and at that point I figure he wrote most of it.

If you want to do 20th century most of the presidents early on were pretty well educated and the ones with good speeches wrote them. Slightly different skill but they had it.

I think the idea that many presidents couldn't write well might be short selling kind of the traditional group who was elected president in the US.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

Double Hearts

It's Hearts, but you play with two decks combined, and the same card on the same trick nullifies both.

So if I lead the King of Spades, and you play the Queen of Spades, and the guy after you plays the other King of Spades, our Kings don't count for that trick (although it's still a Spades trick) and your Queen is leading, so if the fourth guy scoots under your Queen, you take the trick.

This can make the game RUDE AS HELL. I play it with my wife and her family (who introduced it to me) and man I am glad we're all good sports about it because dang, shit gets real.

do you deal out 52 cards or 104

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    This fucking Gate 10 website.

Literally no information on parking. "For More Information Call Us At 855-2GO-PARK"

Fuck you, put some fucking information on your website, it's 2017.

vRyue2p.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

Boston Market

Bless your heart.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

It's $$$$, as much as Marliave

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Well

Stephen King has joined the game of Hugely Successful Fiction Writers Rip on trump on Twitter

I was surprised to learn via one of trump's responses that he actually knows the phrase 'ghost writer.'

well he should after everyone shat on him for the art of the deal because he didn't actually write it

I'm just... I feel like an American President should at least come across as more more intelligent than a writer of children's books and a writer of pop horror

But... fuck no. This guy just sounds like a fairly advanced middle-schooler

Sad

I think that's selling both King and Rowling short on their fiction.

Yeah I get the sentiment here but like I don't think we've had a president this century that could come across as more intelligent than King or Rowling.

At minimum, Wilson could. Truman and elder Bush too.

maybe some of the early presidents too since most of them were highly educated elites

edit: reading fail, didn't see "this century"

Well I think Obama might of been able to but I never read his stuff in the Harvard Law Review. Dude was a lawyer. Dreams of my Father was a decent read and at that point I figure he wrote most of it.

If you want to do 20th century most of the presidents early on were pretty well educated and the ones with good speeches wrote them. Slightly different skill but they had it.

I think the idea that many presidents couldn't write well might be short selling kind of the traditional group who was elected president in the US.

oh yeah Obama totally could hold his own there. I didn't include him cause I thought he meant 20th century for some reason.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    So today I woke up at 2PM and now it is time to have my morning coffee and pastry and read a book at the coffee shop.

The recovering patient, who I am ostensibly taking care of, went to work several hours ago because he wanted to catch the wednesday lecture (on motivational interviewing, a psych technique to get people to consider options they weren't previously, as far as I can tell) and see his resident bros.

What a nice afternoon! Off to get coffee~

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Double Hearts

I have played this and it is ruuude

Shit gets referenced at subsequent holidays

spool32 on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Since I snuck in last year and said I wouldn't this year:

To whom it may concern of the fabled NY PAers (Variable @Hakkekage Deebaser specifically I think mm hmmm'd me last year), the foolish woman who I tricked into marrying me and I are going to be in NYC the night of the 23rd - 26th (Thur - Sun). We're seeing Hamilton Friday night (#humblebrag) but other than that we don't have hard and fast plans.

I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE

(what time are you seeing Hamilton)

Its the price you pay for seeing the rest of me!

8p Friday, I'm going to work from the hotel (Broadway between 54th and 55th st) until like lunch on Friday.

Restoring batsignal since I realized I didn't respond for like 3 hours

PantsB would you prefer a quick lunch or a more lackadaisical after-work-before-Hamilton dinner

I'll check with Jamie to see what she feels like. I lean towards the latter but I don't want to commit to that without checking with her

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

only my hair is dyed auburn that isnt going to come out so i dont know how that would look

i kind of want to stay auburn but i guess i'm not opposed to going back to brown if it meant i got to have purple too

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dc/c2/13/dcc2130e41d6c15e693cf39c7ecf39cb.jpg

the auburn would be easier to do that purple over tho

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    This fucking Gate 10 website.

Literally no information on parking. "For More Information Call Us At 855-2GO-PARK"

Fuck you, put some fucking information on your website, it's 2017.

The event is seven months away. Last year they did put up parking passes as part of Gen Cons ridiculous stupid ticket system. Probably not till May or whenever that goes live.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I'm more confused by the idea that Rowling is a particularly good writer, tbh

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Actually less per the website but also don't trust the website. Contact, give info, see what they say and if they can give you a deal.

u7stthr17eud.png

you think so?

hmmm

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

sigh

Nope, it's true, heard from others here that one of our techs saw one of the busts

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

watch out don't burn yourself on that hot take

Double Hearts

do you deal out 52 cards or 104

The ideal number of players is six, because any less and you have fucking giant hands. With certain numbers of players, 104 doesn't split evenly and you throw a couple cards face down in the middle, and whoever takes the first trick gets those cards as if they were part of the trick (which sucks for them if they were Hearts or the QoS, or god help you both Queens in which case you may as well try to go for broke)

she actually finished her damn series without an appreciable drop in quality which puts her head and shoulders above most Fantasy authors.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

you think so?

hmmm

blond looks good as tips for auburn or a darker red.
    i mean its generic
    but
    whatevs

Bless your heart.
    Looking online they claim they're just arresting criminals

okay so they just knew where these criminals were and didn't arrest them until now

good thing we got Trump to tell cops how to do the thing!

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    ICE isn't NICE

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Actually less per the website but also don't trust the website. Contact, give info, see what they say and if they can give you a deal.

There is food & bev minimum that will put it over the top. Am calling now.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

sigh

Nope, it's true, heard from others here that one of our techs saw one of the busts

yeah *something* is happening based on the reports im seeing, but there's conflicting reports on whether it's CPD or ICE or something else

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    @Hakkekage pls go to bostom market and buy 47 rotisserie chickens

Bless your heart.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

she actually finished her damn series without an appreciable drop in quality which puts her head and shoulders above most Fantasy authors.

And she drops quality burns on Trumpinistas. She's got some fire when she wants it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

We're going to get the last game of thrones books when HL3 comes out

sigh

yeah *something* is happening based on the reports im seeing, but there's conflicting reports on whether it's CPD or ICE or something else

I heard dudes in vests that say ICE but im getting this third hand myself

We're going to get the last game of thrones books when HL3 comes out

and they'll both be remembered alongside Duke Nukem Forever.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

Double Hearts

I have played this and it is ruuude

Shit gets referenced at subsequent holidays

Yeah like its a marital strength test

If you can nuke your spouse in Double Hearts and not have that bite you in the ass, that is a strong marriage

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

I take issue with the second qualification but otherwise, fair point

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    edited February 2017
    the Tribune seems skeptical
    'Targeted' immigration operations in Chicago are 'routine,’ not part of Trump crackdown: officials say

override367 on
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    So today I woke up at 2PM and now it is time to have my morning coffee and pastry and read a book at the coffee shop.

The recovering patient, who I am ostensibly taking care of, went to work several hours ago because he wanted to catch the wednesday lecture (on motivational interviewing, a psych technique to get people to consider options they weren't previously, as far as I can tell) and see his resident bros.

What a nice afternoon! Off to get coffee~

Yes that sounds like every doctor I've ever encountered.

"Pfft, brain surgery? Recovery time? No time for that, I have things to do!"

This discussion has been closed.