As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]ing from home

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    znTqfso.jpg

didnt even have to click and i knew what game you're playing

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I played pillars of eternity in 1440p and the art was great

shame about the combat (someone take Obsidian's devs and make them play Divinity Original Sin please)

override367 on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    You see, I've WORKED with OIG folks. IC folks are just bigger, meaner versions of OIG. They will shank their best friend in the liver if they've been dealing dirty.

Yes I have faith in the intelligence community, and Trump has pissed them the fuck off. Need I remind you he stood in the CIA's room for FALLEN AGENTS and bragged about his fake inaugural numbers.

1. Don't fuckin' piss off the spooks
    2. Repeat step 1

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I still need to game on my new tv, just to see how it is.

I did laugh when I saw that one of the sports networks I usually watch is only in 720p, so the whole time my old tv was showing me as good as I could expect.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    You see, I've WORKED with OIG folks. IC folks are just bigger, meaner versions of OIG. They will shank their best friend in the liver if they've been dealing dirty.

Yes I have faith in the intelligence community, and Trump has pissed them the fuck off. Need I remind you he stood in the CIA's room for FALLEN AGENTS and bragged about his fake inaugural numbers.

1. Don't fuckin' piss off the spooks
    2. Repeat step 1

He's legitimately lucky this isn't the 1960s-1970s CIA he's dealing with

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I did laugh when I saw that one of the sports networks I usually watch is only in 720p, so the whole time my old tv was showing me as good as I could expect.

Yeah, live TV content is ass quality (12 Mbps MPEG-2 for most cable channels), even though like ESPN has golden-god quality cameras to shoot everything. Netflix/Amazon "4K" is roughly 1080p Blu-Ray quality at least.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I know one good Best Buy and it's in Loveland and literally every single other one I've been to has been terrible. And even the one in Loveland has some shitty people and practices in certain departments! The entire culture of the business sucks and the whole geek squad thing is actually rather insulting, especially the whole culture handbook thing.

• Options
    a5ehren wrote: »

Yeah, live TV content is ass quality (12 Mbps MPEG-2 for most cable channels), even though like ESPN has golden-god quality cameras to shoot everything. Netflix/Amazon "4K" is roughly 1080p Blu-Ray quality at least.

It makes sense I guess, like wouldn't it be easier to do a live broadcast at lower quality so as to not have a big delay?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It's OK baby birds. Ludious will feed you. Now I'll try to drop it for a while after this, but an example of this not going away:

I want you to be right, quite desperately, but I can't invest in this until something concrete happens to the principle actors.

Godspeed

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Registered spool32 on the Nintendo network even though i do not intend to ever use it.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    It's a shame that broadcast HDTV standardized to MPEG2, which requires a really high bitrate for reasonable quality. Had they pushed it and gone with a more robust variant of H.264, TVs would have been pricey for a few of those early years but now it would be no different. And they would have like, doubled image quality while cutting bitrates (and therefore spectrum usage) in half.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    What is annoying re: resolution is the PS4 pro pretending to be 4k, and yet most of the games still run at 30fps and can't even hold that consistently

I want Bloodborne in 1080p with some antialiasing and 60fps

override367 on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Registered spool32 on the Nintendo network even though i do not intend to ever use it.

Nintendo has online accounts now? Or is this something else?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    to be fair i don't think there's a whole lot of real benefit between 1080p and 1440p on a 27" screen

On a monitor that's right in front of your face? there sure is

I mourned the loss of my 1440p monitor but I bought a gsync to replace it and don't care that it's lower res because it makes even <60fps experiences good
    I would bet Chanus's ass on a lot of things, actually. As long as it wasn't my own.

I bet Chanus's ass on tons of stuff.

I mostly aim to lose, though.

Poor Chanus.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

This is one of those cases that makes me go "wait, what. Surely it must be more complicated." Then it is not that much more complicated.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39042706
    Agent Jesus Mesa was on the US side when he fatally shot Sergio Adrian Hernandez Guereca, 15, across the Mexican border in June 2010.
    US officials decided against prosecuting Agent Mesa, arguing the Justice Department lacked jurisdiction on the Mexican side of the border.

Though Mexican officials charged Agent Mesa with murder, the Obama administration refused to extradite him.
    This is like a stupid legal hypothetical.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    to be fair i don't think there's a whole lot of real benefit between 1080p and 1440p on a 27" screen

On a monitor that's right in front of your face? there sure is

I mourned the loss of my 1440p monitor but I bought a gsync to replace it and don't care that it's lower res because it makes even <60fps experiences good
    I would bet Chanus's ass on a lot of things, actually. As long as it wasn't my own.

I bet Chanus's ass on tons of stuff.

I mostly aim to lose, though.

Poor Chanus.

Now we know why he has such a chanus.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    also those two dudes in texas who shot each other and claimed they were shot by illegal immigrants

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Trump is L. Putin is Kira.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    What is annoying re: resolution is the PS4 pro pretending to be 4k, and yet most of the games still run at 30fps and can't even hold that consistently

Boost Mode on the Pro. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i mean, not exactly a legal hypothetical with that one but

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Alright

yall be negative nancies

That's cool. I UNDERSTAND.

Just remember who you're talking to.

Quite frankly , my track record speaks for itself

I'm pretty sure in Darkest Dungeon terms you just hit max stress and came back stronger, rather than turning into a gibbering mess.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    a5ehren wrote: »

It makes sense I guess, like wouldn't it be easier to do a live broadcast at lower quality so as to not have a big delay?

Well, it's more expensive. ESPN has upgraded their tech to be able to do live 4K broadcasts, but no one can actually send it yet.

The specific numbers we have right now are based on what we could fit in a standard TV channel (20 MHz bands) when the digital switchover happened, with some buffer for SD sub-channels and whatnot.

Most cable operators could move to significantly better quality at this point (basically everyone is on IPTV to give more bandwidth for data now) but it turns out most people don't really care. OTA broadcasters are in a bit more of a pickle because there isn't an updated ATSC standard yet (that I know of) to allow for HEVC/etc.

• Options
    I'm waiting for the nextbox to upgrade my one, since the S is like a wii u upgrade?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Alright

yall be negative nancies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_LN3XEcnw

Edit: maybe nsfwish

Drez on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

This is one of those cases that makes me go "wait, what. Surely it must be more complicated." Then it is not that much more complicated.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39042706
    Agent Jesus Mesa was on the US side when he fatally shot Sergio Adrian Hernandez Guereca, 15, across the Mexican border in June 2010.
    US officials decided against prosecuting Agent Mesa, arguing the Justice Department lacked jurisdiction on the Mexican side of the border.

Though Mexican officials charged Agent Mesa with murder, the Obama administration refused to extradite him.
    This is like a stupid legal hypothetical.

*blinks*

I mean, Mexico would be well within their rights to call that an act of war if they wanted. Asking for the agent to be extradited for murder charges is tame.

I also find it weird this doesn't fall into any existing treaty's terms.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for the nextbox to upgrade my one, since the S is like a wii u upgrade?

I dont really care about high def much. I still game on a 720p TV. Not all that interested in the S.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

Boost mode runs it at a steady 30, rather than the unsteady 30 it usually is

At this point my hope is that Sony gave Fromsoft a big bag with a dollar sign on it and we get a Pro-optimized Bloodborne 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Alright

yall be negative nancies

I'm pretty sure in Darkest Dungeon terms you just hit max stress and came back stronger, rather than turning into a gibbering mess.

huh

• Options
    It's a shame that broadcast HDTV standardized to MPEG2, which requires a really high bitrate for reasonable quality. Had they pushed it and gone with a more robust variant of H.264, TVs would have been pricey for a few of those yearly years but now it would be no different. And they would have like, doubled image quality while cutting bitrates (and therefore spectrum usage) in half.

Yeah, 12-15 Mbit H.264 would at least be DVD+ quality, which would be a huge improvement.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

Boost mode runs it at a steady 30, rather than the unsteady 30 it usually is

At this point my hope is that Sony gave Fromsoft a big bag with a dollar sign on it and we get a Pro-optimized Bloodborne 2: Electric Boogaloo

Bloodborne 2 is going to be a kart racer.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I am almost sold on the pro at this point

I got a buddy who's probably buy my old one

Might upgrade in a couple months

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Alright

yall be negative nancies

It's the in betweens that I hate. Not knowing if Hillary would win, thinking she wouldn't, terrified me. The idea of Trump being sworn in, terrified me. Now? It's here, it's happening. The war is on the front porch. I can't do shit but donate money and engage in online activism, but hey, fighting is fighting

I never wanted things to be like this, but now that they are, my goal and wish is for us to come out stronger on the other side. I want these god damned scooby doo villains unmasked one by one.

That's why I take so much joy in the unraveling of Milo. He was undone by his own bullshit. So it goes with all shitweasels, eventually.

• Options
    facebook seems to be pushing hard for me to like fan pages of famous us generals with 50 or fewer followers

that algorithm they have is A+ i tell you hwat

• Options

I dont really care about high def much. I still game on a 720p TV. Not all that interested in the S.

Yeah I was gaming on a 720p until I upgraded. But my new tv is just 4k and not HDR, so the one feature of the S I can't use right?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    It's OK baby birds. Ludious will feed you. Now I'll try to drop it for a while after this, but an example of this not going away:

sorry if this was covered but the article says this was an overturning of a 2015 decision not to send the guy so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the president/white house

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Alright

yall be negative nancies

It's the in betweens that I hate. Not knowing if Hillary would win, thinking she wouldn't, terrified me. The idea of Trump being sworn in, terrified me. Now? It's here, it's happening. The war is on the front porch. I can't do shit but donate money and engage in online activism, but hey, fighting is fighting

I never wanted things to be like this, but now that they are, my goal and wish is for us to come out stronger on the other side. I want these god damned scooby doo villains unmasked one by one.

That's why I take so much joy in the unraveling of Milo. He was undone by his own bullshit. So it goes with all shitweasels, eventually.

Ludious, I say this with all due respect:

Learn ninjutsu.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    yo @porp @Sir Landshark

i spent some time this weekend trying to climb up in competitive, i went from 3150 to 2900

so i guess we can play competitive again

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    facebook seems to be pushing hard for me to like fan pages of famous us generals with 50 or fewer followers

maybe they should patton that technology

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

sorry if this was covered but the article says this was an overturning of a 2015 decision not to send the guy so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the president/white house

it's for unrelated reasons but he's in the dossier and now he's a songbird willing to sing

• Options

maybe they should patton that technology

i've seen it with my own eisenhower you going to convince me it works

This discussion has been closed.