Options

MOUNTAIN MAN [CHAT]

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    When I was allowed to give blood I would sit and watch it fill the bag. It fascinated me.

Of course I have asked for pictures for every surgery I have had though I haven't gotten any.

I may be an odd duck on this one. But how often can you safely see your insides?

I woke up during my colonoscopy and was watching the screen

How often do you get to see inside your own butt

I don't have to answer that.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I wonder how much Spanish I could learn in a month.

tacos
    piscina
    hola
    que tal
    como
    hablar
    zapatos

tell me when to stop

come se dice "donger"

pinga

It's like you knew before I even asked

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    i want to set up a home vpn server

what's a good way to do this? i am disinclined to forward ports to my main windows machine

use a laptop running ubuntu?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    When I was allowed to give blood I would sit and watch it fill the bag. It fascinated me.

Of course I have asked for pictures for every surgery I have had though I haven't gotten any.

I may be an odd duck on this one. But how often can you safely see your insides?

I woke up during my colonoscopy and was watching the screen

How often do you get to see inside your own butt

And given the "twilight" mix of general they give you, you wouldn't care whose ass cavern it was, it's still fascinating.

I also applaud any medical procedure where they won't let you leave the recovery area till you've blown a fart that could be heard from space.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    there's a house i really like why can't i just buy it now why do i have to get a stupid inspection done

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I witnessed the most amazing exchange on the subway this morning.

On a very crowded train, some woman began very aggressively pushing to get in. She made it on, but not before another passenger said "Please don't push, I'm pregnant."

The woman replied, "I didn't know that."

To which the pregnant passenger said, "It doesn't matter - it's rude."

And then the woman kept arguing.

Holy shit.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    there's a house i really like why can't i just buy it now why do i have to get a stupid inspection done

because people are horrible and lie a lot. an inspection will help you (and the bank) not over pay for something that is about to fall over.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    good morning chat
    may your penii stand forever erect

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

On a very crowded train, some woman began very aggressively pushing to get in. She made it on, but not before another passenger said "Please don't push, I'm pregnant."

Holy shit.

Ah public transit, where everyone's an asshole

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    good morning chat

I'm supposed to have more than one?!

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

what's a good way to do this? i am disinclined to forward ports to my main windows machine

Would be the easiest, yes. What's the actual use case? What resources on your internal network do you need access to?

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Holy shit.

I was hoping that would turn into a nice story and it didn't

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    good morning chat

That would make the gym awkward

• Options
    Subway exchanges can be glorious things

lastone i saw was a guy probably in his 60s with a cane nearly starting a fistfight with some teenagers selling candy

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Run the VPN server on the router using a firmware like OpenWRT or use a NAS with VPN features like Synology. Running your VPN server on a PC is asking for headaches and for it to always be down when you need it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    good morning chat

I'm supposed to have more than one?!

omg you dont?
    Sleep wrote: »
    good morning chat

or sexy

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »
    good morning chat

Speak for yourself, I'd be getting applause.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

because people are horrible and lie a lot. an inspection will help you (and the bank) not over pay for something that is about to fall over.

no i know i'm just being petulant because i want to move into this house

• Options
  • Options
    good morning chat

this sounds like a curse

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    We're all pregnant now.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Would be the easiest, yes. What's the actual use case? What resources on your internal network do you need access to?

nothing - just pure internet proxying
    Run the VPN server on the router using a firmware like OpenWRT or use a NAS with VPN features like Synology. Running your VPN server on a PC is asking for headaches and for it to always be down when you need it.

my main home router is pwned by my ISP - its login details are A Secret - and the ancillary one has a grand total of 4mb flash memory - it can hold openwrt but not openvpn atop it

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Subway exchanges can be glorious things

lastone i saw was a guy probably in his 60s with a cane nearly starting a fistfight with some teenagers selling candy

Yeah, like that time I was riding the bus and that fat lady shit herself and smiled and loudly announced it and we all had to smell it the rest of the way.

Or all those times people got off the bus and stole a bike off the bike rack.

Or the fistfights.

Or those times the bus decided not to run the full route and dropped everyone off miles from home.

Actually, fuck public transportation. Burn it all to the ground.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Still my favorite metro exchange was watching an old black lady play matchmaker between two young folks.

So this guy and gal were talking and he asked for her number. She said her phone was broken. He said he could write it down. She said she had no paper. Also body language was this was less a push off and more she searched her purse before hand and was sad. Then this old lady was like, hold on. Hand her a note pad. She looks and says I have no pen. Old lady hands her a pen. Numbers are exchanged and flirting continues.

Old lady smiles.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

my main home router is pwned by my ISP - its login details are A Secret - and the ancillary one has a grand total of 4mb flash memory - it can hold openwrt but not openvpn atop it

I strongly suggest you buy a more capable secondary router then. TP-Link makes some really cheap ones that should work. Or try the linux laptop thing but it'll kinda look a mess and I don't know how easy it'll be to set up. Probably not very.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    good morning chat

this sounds like a curse

maybe...a sexy curse

everything today is prefixed with sexy as an adjective.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    the bets part is the exchange good or bad almost always runs its course before the ride is over

So theres an awkward 2 minutes where everyone who was just fighting or yelling at each other stands there looking of into he distance waiting for the next stop

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Had my blood drawn.

Went fine and yet, I'm still shaken by the experience.

it never gets easier. :\

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    good morning chat

this sounds like a curse

maybe...a sexy curse

everything today is prefixed with sexy as an adjective.
    b451b82555b6ac30f76091ba227314e4.jpg
    Is this an adjective?

• Options

I strongly suggest you buy a more capable secondary router then. TP-Link makes some really cheap ones that should work. Or try the linux laptop thing but it'll kinda look a mess and I don't know how easy it'll be to set up. Probably not very.

If you're set on a VPN, this is the best option.

Another potential solution would be to run Linux in a VirtualBox VM with it's own IP address. Also, rather than VPN, you could try SSH Tunnels.

• Options
    good morning chat

this sounds like a curse

Priapus was cursed with a giant but useless erection, which is something I don't see specified above.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    when i was on the subway in new york, a dude got on the bus with his bike and he was really struggling with getting it situated. he was angrily looking around for someone to yell at and a dude barely glanced at him...so he started yelling at him. While he was doing this some kittens poked their head out of his jacket. Not sure what they were doing there.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Your ISP doesn't give you access to your own home router?

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Your ISP doesn't give you access to your own home router?
    Is it comcast?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    good morning chat

this sounds like a curse

Priapus was cursed with a giant but useless erection, which is something I don't see specified above.

How can a perpetually erect and ridiculously oversized penis be useless?

i bet he could hang his toga on it and stuff. that's a use. :razz:

21stCentury on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    A constant erection would suck and ruin like half of my outfits.

Or... improve....

• Options
    I farted and it smells vaguely of potato chips

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    A constant erection would suck and ruin like half of my outfits.

Or... improve....
    I've seen that DVD

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Had my blood drawn.

Went fine and yet, I'm still shaken by the experience.

it never gets easier. :\

Doing it multiple times a month fixed that for me.
    Don't get sick enough they need to do it multiple times a month. I highly recommend avoiding it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
This discussion has been closed.