As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    I'll run away with the extra attack I get from Celerity at the end of this round, unless hellbeast is fast enough to get in range to attack me right now, in which case I'll dodge instead. Does Celerity make you run faster as well? I think it depends on the version, not sure.

From what I can tell I take my 5 strength, add +2 to damage dice for the size of the item, add two automatic successes from Potence, and subtract 3 from defense:
    Geth, roll 7d10o10h8-3+2 for Statue attack (+Str 5 +Statue2 -Defense3 + Potence2 Automatic)

Statue attack (+Str 5 +Statue2 -Defense3 + Potence2 Automatic):
    7d10o10h8-3+2 2 [7d10o10h8=4, 5, 8, 2, [10, 3], [10, 4], 3]

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I believe using it will give you an extra few steps per turn(in LARP we called it three steps), so based on Bobby's successive action, he should be able to get out of range in time.

And based on above, Hellbeast takes two bashing.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just to check real quick, everyone is in the van now right?

Looking at the posts, it seems like it, but this could be a pretty big "oh shit" if I leave someone behind accidentally.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Liz is over by Miser as she told him to run, in my mind, and... I'm kinda interested in seeing why Miser isn't worried. I might leave her over there...

• Options
    Give me a thumbs up when you know for sure.

Basically at this point, it looks like everyone else is in the van, and I want Alex to take his Drive roll before CJ has the monster make a move. Unless you're planning on getting in the van, then we'll have to figure it out (though, both our turns are before the monster, so I think you could still get there and I'd still get a roll)

• Options
    I know I'm heading for the van, but I'm not sure if I get there in time, since I lagged behind to play statue javelin. I'm using my two turns to run for the van and Celerity is giving me a distance bonus, but I don't know if that enough for me to get there before the hellbeast.

If it isn't, you have my blessing to speed off. I'd rather have to keep running (to catch up with you guys/get away) than have it take out the whole van.

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Deke's in the van or at least right in front of Bulldog.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Due to the beast being hindered by the doorway, Bobby does have time.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Safe to assume everyone is in the van or staying for the fireworks, so @AustinP0027 , roll away.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    @Maclay

You're basically at the driver's mercy, though it seems very unlikely that he has time to get all of you to your havens before dawn. A consensus will be necessary.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Failing any shenanigans, I believe everyone will be able to safely turn in for the night, though the clerk at Deke's hotel may seem a little put off.

Each player has 8XP to use as they wish, but some(if not most) will likely want to look into feeding upon awakening.

Apart from the warning about the 'escaped zoo animals', there is no further mention of the museum disaster, and certainly not an ancient hellbeast. Though whoever is (un)fortunate enough to update the Prince will want to make the appropriate post.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    So just to confirm from the OP a 2nd point in an attribute like manipulation would cost 2x5xp, a 3rd point in an ability like subterfuge would cost 3x2xp, etc correct?

I beleive thats how it normally work in vampire and in the OP.

• Options
    Correct.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Going to run through my thought process here for confirmation and potentially as an example.
    Thinking of picking up some empathy, based on Danny being forced to interact with so many new people so quickly. Also useful for auras.
    Two concerns.
    First, the question of combining empathy with his brand of paranoia. Not unfeasible, but something I should check the viability of just in case.
    Second, the cost. Kind of want two dots, so my reading is 6xp- 2, then 4 (I think v20 would say seven because 3XP for a new ability).
    @cj iwakura Always open to corrections or vetoes.
    Whether or not Danny gets to eat will depend on circumstances when he wakes. We still doing that via PM?

• Options
    I'm thinking of picking up the skills wished I had had during the game so far. So for me that would be stealth 1 and etiquette 1. We've been doing a lot of sneaking and rubbing elbows with our elders. I think I may also get a Camarilla status of 1, it does seem like we're getting a bit of a rep, assuming cj approves.

• Options
    I'm going to save my xp and wait until I can get another rank in Obfuscate

• Options
    Feeding can be handled in thread or via PM, whatever's preferable. It'll likely boil down to a quick scene unless it's a risky avenue.

@Maclay You can still be empathetic and paranoid, it just means you walk on eggshells with who you relate to.

@Boozer Your coterie are all Acknowledged, so there's 1 free status already. Additional status is at the harpy's discretion, but it's not out of the question.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    So what do we have to do for feeding? Like, kinds of rolls and whatnot.

• Options
    So what do we have to do for feeding? Like, kinds of rolls and whatnot.

Depends on how. If you have a stat like Herd or Fame, you can roll for it and describe your usage. Otherwise you have to go looking.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Lizzy does have fame... for being a rebellious vampire poster child in the Seattle Rebellion, so I guess she's need to go looking...

• Options
    Have enough now to pick up that sweet second point of Presence. Kind of tempted to just drive straight down that discipline.

• Options
    Ok I'll just do stealth and etiquette and save the rest. I'm planning on hunting, ok with doing that in pm or in thread.

How are we recovering willpower? Just curious since I'm at 2/4.

I think I should change my Demeanor since I haven't been playing like a Bravo, not sure what would make sense.

Also one of our social powerhouses should make the call to Julia to fill her in that we got her a Nosferatu to talk to. I'm ok doing it if that's preferrable.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I think I have enough points for my first in Celerity, and to bring my manipulation up to 2

• Options
    Lizzy does have fame... for being a rebellious vampire poster child in the Seattle Rebellion, so I guess she's need to go looking...

You could leverage it in NY, if you play your cards right.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 5d10 for Stealth+wits

Stealth+wits:
    5d10 35 [5d10=10, 8, 7, 6, 4]

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Failing any shenanigans, I believe everyone will be able to safely turn in for the night, though the clerk at Deke's hotel may seem a little put off.

Each player has 8XP to use as they wish, but some(if not most) will likely want to look into feeding upon awakening.

Apart from the warning about the 'escaped zoo animals', there is no further mention of the museum disaster, and certainly not an ancient hellbeast. Though whoever is (un)fortunate enough to update the Prince will want to make the appropriate post.
    I seriously doubt a bunch of punks and high society types coming in off the streets at 4am following a riot would surprise a New York City hotel desk clerk in the slightest.

I'm spending 2xp to move Deke's Firearms to 1; the rest I'm banking for now. I'm hard-pressed to consider an ability Deke isn't already deep into that he employed and saving up will let me pick up a 2nd point in whichever Discipline seems most important soon.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Ugh, also I suppose Deke will hunt. EDIT TO ADD: and is allowing everyone else to hunt in his Domain, too, with the usual caveats.

Geth, roll 7d10o10h8 for Dex + Stealth + Celerity + Domain

Also, @cj iwakura some of us have Willpower spent so you need to make a determination on whether we're "affirming who [we] are, who [we] pretend to be, and what [we]'re connected to;" or you could just say enough time has passed that we're refreshing the pool.

Dex + Stealth + Celerity + Domain:
    7d10o10h8 2 [7d10o10h8=4, 3, [10, 8], 7, 2, 5, 4]

Ardent on
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

You could leverage it in NY, if you play your cards right.

Yeah, but that would have to be anarch circles and Lizzy stays out of them on principle now, too many young vampires hear about her and start to want to be like her... and she doesn't want anyone to follow that path.

I think, unless shit comes up, she's going to try to do some of her "human job stuff" like managing the bands under her wing. Maybe if she has to see one of them in a bar or something she might grab a snack there.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @Ardent Fair enough, but it's a nice enough part of town that someone might still be alarmed, especially a clerk not used to seeing 'punks'. Also, how are you learning Firearm use? Through the coterie or another means?

Regarding Willpower(and expenditures), I need to go through and update everyone's sheets, but if anyone wants to update their own to ensure we're on the same page, feel free. This will also be for updating the current blood counts.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The crash course was a good start, actually having to use one helps, and whatever advice Bulldog has probably rounds off the rest of the lesson, unless someone else wants to step in.

• Options
    I gave him some submachine gun tips earlier, and would be willing to do more in exchange for tips on the finer points of Kindred manners.

• Options
    Easy day. Glad-handing is something Deke does well enough. He'd probably go over basics like posture and body language first.

• Options
    I'll follow Deke's lead and try and be a stealthy hunter.

Geth, roll 8d10o10h8 Dex + Stealth + Celerity + Domain

My sheet is updated with my xp, blood, and willpower (including waking up the next day) expenditures.

If no one else calls Julia before we rest Bulldog will.

8d10o10h8 Dex + Stealth + Celerity + Domain:
    8d10o10h8 1 [8d10o10h8=7, 3, 7, 6, 7, 7, 9, 7]

• Options
    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for The Hunt
    Geth roll 6d10o10h8 for Information Gathering

The Hunt:
    5d10o10h8 0 [5d10o10h8=4, 4, 5, 3, 7]
    Information Gathering:
    6d10o10h8 3 [6d10o10h8=9, 6, 2, 9, 1, 9]

• Options
    I'll include the other feeding results with the next update, but nothing particular went awry.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    @Ardent @Boozer @Maclay
    Did you venture outside of the hotel for feeding? Civilians off the street, or any one in particular?
    (This is especially important in Danny's case.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Danny isn't going to eat anyone he hasn't researched first. That is limited to a few people in his neighborhood at any given time. Via PM I mentioned only going to feed if I had time to get back there, but then I rolled a 0 anyway, so I'm guessing I just wouldn't have found any of them, if I had time to make the journey. Either way, no blood for Danny.

• Options
    What stats did you use for those rolls? My assumption was that he researched a target and the first roll was for the actual pursuit.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    No, sorry, I no word good. For the hunt I was using the stats you suggested (Wits + Stealth + Obfuscate).
    The research roll was a side thing looking into one of the people Danny might potentially want to eat in the future. Danny spends weeks looking into the history and comings and goings of his food sources to make sure they're safe to eat. Making sure they won't be missed, making sure it's not a trap, possibly looking into their medical history. That was investigation and perception.

• Options
    Maclay wrote: »
    No, sorry, I no word good. For the hunt I was using the stats you suggested (Wits + Stealth + Obfuscate).
    The research roll was a side thing looking into one of the people Danny might potentially want to eat in the future. Danny spends weeks looking into the history and comings and goings of his food sources to make sure they're safe to eat. Making sure they won't be missed, making sure it's not a trap, possibly looking into their medical history. That was investigation and perception.

Oh, so the present target was off the cuff?

wVEsyIc.png