Options

knitdan's super happy natural goodtime family [chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm not saying this to stir anything I just thought it was funny. I've read "Andromeda" twice today totally devoid of context with Mass Effect and thought " i need to google this game people are exci....oh. That."

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Yeah so I'm fucked.

My life is sooooo fucked right now.

Like check it.

I haven't finished Nioh yet. I'm 50% done. I stopped not because I don't like it but because I got it into my head that I wanted to play through Windwaker HD before Breath of the Wild comes out.

So now I'm like 50% done with Nioh. ~30-40% done with Windwaker. Maybe. Closer to 30%, I bet.

Horizon shipped today (a day late) so that's arriving tomorrow.

I get my Switch and Breath of the Wild on Friday.

Hoboken St. Paddy's Day on Saturday.

Nier: Automata I think next week.

I haven't finished SMTxFE (Tokyo Mirage Sessions) yet and I want to finish that before Persona 5 comes out.

Plus I have photoshoots coming up and I'd like to have some kind of social life.

And also I ran out of bread and soda.

Fuck.

I thought you were, like

Being hunted by the mob

Based on the first couple lines of this post.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE IMPOTENCE OF WHAT I'M SAYING?

that's not a typo, I'm saying I'm powerless to finish these games in a timely fashion

Drez, in 1998 The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, who plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I like to think if we went back to the right before Wii U launch chat days, we'd see so much hype.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I still think most people don't realize the Wii U isn't like a Wii addon or something.

I was honestly not sure until this post

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Oh "TL DR" we were talking wood stoves a while back and this guy has really good prices on his that he makes. The smallest one is done with an ammo can that he rivet seals and the next one up could heat about 150 square feet and it's only $10 more.

I think I'mma get the ammo can stove.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NorthWoodsMan

That is pretty tempting!

Yeah he's got really good reviews and it's not some big manufacturer.

I figure the ammo can version could easily work in a hot tent and I've got a tent I could put a stove vent in if I wanted to try it in the winter but it would be a little cramped.

I got this ordered today and it should be here in two weeks.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/267812928/rocket-stove-compact-version-for-camping?ref=shop_home_active_61

I'm going to use it in a small fire pit for a weekend trip in three weeks.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Someone needs to make a new Crimson Skies

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I have too many gamer points to go back now. Go on without me.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I don't get why people just never got on board with the xbox. It does have a lot of problems, I guess... and that fucking launch.

BUT the Scorpio.................................!

The launch scared people away pretty badly, which sucks because the media centric shit is legit cool, and tons of people are using the shit out of digital distribution right now on all platforms so...

Really Microsoft just faceplanted on marketing, sony capitalized, and here we are.

But, like all Microsoft consoles, the featureset keeps iterating and getting better. Since I am rarely a "day and date" game player any more, then 10 bucks a month for local non-streaming access to 100 games thing really speaks to me. If they manage to get things like DOOM that I missed when they were new and shiny but are available 9-12 months later on the service? My annual game budget shrinks way down and I still get to play a bunch of cool stuff.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I still think most people don't realize the Wii U isn't like a Wii addon or something.

At this point I can only regard those people the same as those surprised by what's happening in government right now. Like, look, we fucking told you. Again and again and again.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    I don't get why people just never got on board with the xbox. It does have a lot of problems, I guess... and that fucking launch.

The launch scared people away pretty badly, which sucks because the media centric shit is legit cool, and tons of people are using the shit out of digital distribution right now on all platforms so...

Really Microsoft just faceplanted on marketing, sony capitalized, and here we are.

But, like all Microsoft consoles, the featureset keeps iterating and getting better. Since I am rarely a "day and date" game player any more, then 10 bucks a month for local non-streaming access to 100 games thing really speaks to me. If they manage to get things like DOOM that I missed when they were new and shiny but are available 9-12 months later on the service? My annual game budget shrinks way down and I still get to play a bunch of cool stuff.

Log on once a month, download the free games for having gold

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Of course Trump eats steak well done with ketchup.

Every headline is more outlandish than the last with this administration!

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

This is not a joke.

Holy shit.

Top stories:

Actually, How Donald Trump Eats His Steak Matters
    Ordering Your Steak Well-Done Like a Baby Is Also Dumb for Health Reasons
    Trump eats $50 steak with ketchup, foodies aghast

Jesus CHRIST

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I'm finally reaping the rewards of my Bloodborne-box this month.

You playing Horizon? I put a few hours in this morning, it's very good!

I have it, but I need to beat Nioh and GWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Can

Can you beat Gwent

That was not my understanding of the nature of that particular vidja

No, Gwent has derailed all of my precious plans to get through my backlog of delicious games. It has ruined my life and completed my soul.

You have a soul?

Yes, and it is beating the fuck out of people in a virtual card game by summoning monsters.

apropos of nothing but I dreamed last night we hung out

For the record this is the first [chat] Dream I've had.

Maybe I should take a break

What did we do? I'm a fun person.

We did some D&D but actually wore real armor and weapons and fought other people to the death. Then I tried to get a zit on my nose and after it wouldn't stop bleeding so I missed going to a SF Giants baseball game in Austin with you and your GF.

huh that sounds pretty great except we don't have a pro baseball team here

Yeah I was confused by that bit.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Nioh is such a long game, jesus

Like the antagonist just teleports away whenever I think the final fight might be here

Which, I mean, of course he would

But it's making for a long game with basically zero story at all except "chase the badguy and meet random Japanese historical figures for some reason"

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I think the switch is posed to have a gangbusters christmas

but we'll see two weeks from now when the first impressions come out

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

I will also accept more Rogue Squadron style games.

But Crimson Skies is the MMO the world needed and never received.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2017

Log on once a month, download the free games for having gold

Oh I do that too; I have a massive library at this point.

But getting really rad titles on that program that are less than two years old is rare. Meanwhile Halo 5 is in the 10 bucks a month club thing.

edit: also sports games - Like, I don't think I want to pay 60 bucks for s sports game ever again, but if I could play a season of basketball as part of my monthly subscription I would do it.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    My GF and I have been having a couple of fights over the last couple of months about my emotional intelligence and labor and stuff. It's got me wonder ... am I on the spectrum?

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    I think the Switch may excel.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    In case anyone knows anyone that has doubts about the white supremacy going on with our government.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm not even going to pretend to humor the notions of tolerance and openmindedness here

it is not fucking ok to eat your steak well done with ketchup

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    at the very least

I am pleased to see a nintendo console with some legitimately good marketing and design

the logo, the click noise, the name? it all comes together

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Honestly I think Nioh peaks in the first two areas

It's just pretty much the same after that. Good solid combat and level design, but basically the same enemies and obstacles for another 20 hours or something.

I hear the later bosses get harder and weirder but haven't seen it yet.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    What is the release schedule like for the Switch, beyond new Zelda?

• Options

They also had some PR issues.

Like this response was borne, in my opinion, out of frustration. And even if a legit fair response, it was a bunch of horseshit from a PR perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMcsQdXogY

• Options

quite literally crickets (and old indy games) until the holidays.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I doubt I can play Breath of the Wild for 8-9 months.

Also this post is hilarious with the xbox watermark.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

A thousand times yes but based on the PC game

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options

Everything else comes out in 2018.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Eh? From what I last looked at they gave more lineup than most consoles I can remember. They have a lineup set for the rest of march and into April.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

There's uh...a Mario Kart 8 slightly-better-than-a-port with like the ability to hold two items and the vs mode in April.

Spla2oon in the summer I think?

Arms at some point.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    the wii pretty much turned me off of nintendo consoles. well, that in combination with the n64. I was happy overall with the gamecube though.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    the primary criteria i use for considering gaming purchases is: can i use this device while pooping

XBOne: no
    PS4: no
    Wii U: yes
    Switch: also yes

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    My GF and I have been having a couple of fights over the last couple of months about my emotional intelligence and labor and stuff. It's got me wonder ... am I on the spectrum?

Here, take my helpful quiz:

1) Do you post on the Penny Arcade forums?

2) Are you a fan of, god forbid, Boston-area sports teams?

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Eh? From what I last looked at they gave more lineup than most consoles I can remember. They have a lineup set for the rest of march and into April.

Sure but that's not an enjoyable response. Let's be sensitive to [chat]'s rabid needs for chaos and destruction here. Also humor.

• Options

I doubt I can play Breath of the Wild for 8-9 months.

I mean, if I were a developer on the various mobile app stores that have made some really deep and rewarding games that work with classic controls (there are a fair number), or a steam darling of the PC space who built around controller inputs, I would be burning the midnight oil to get my shit on the switch ASAP to fill the vacuum. There will be a ton of console / casual folks who never grabbed a humble bundle before who will want things to do on this machine when they tire of zelda.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    And lip gloss.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Six wrote: »

A thousand times yes but based on the PC game

XBOX game > PC game

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Nioh is such a long game, jesus

Like the antagonist just teleports away whenever I think the final fight might be here

Which, I mean, of course he would

But it's making for a long game with basically zero story at all except "chase the badguy and meet random Japanese historical figures for some reason"
    The asides with each minor character that you meet are pretty good, but yeah... the overarching plot line is "ahahahaha, *teleport*" repeatedly.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

There's uh...a Mario Kart 8 slightly-better-than-a-port with like the ability to hold two items and the vs mode in April.

Spla2oon in the summer I think?

Arms at some point.

and this is why you try to get good 3rd party developers to care about your console folks.

This discussion has been closed.