Options

[Steam]: Where backlog progress and sales collide.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Currently messing around with Oneshot. It's a clever little game that's sort of messes with the player a bit, which seems to be a sort of trend in the indie community like with Undertale and Pony Island. For instance, one early puzzle
    requires you to go into the documents file of your real computer to find a safe code
    It leans into things a little harder than most others, and breaks the 4th wall quite early, separating the player from the character he's controlling. In Oneshot you
    are god, or at least, some of the characters think you are. You can try to be honest about it, or make some shit up if you want to mess with them
    . And this is all stuff within like the first hour or so, I imagine it's going to be an interesting ride.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Fonjo wrote: »
    Took twice my dose of meds this morning. Forgot I had already taken them. A bit disoriented at work. Might need to take the day off. Frustrating.

Appreciate the birthday wishes. Working with a recruiter to get a better job with my company. Looks like something might pan out in the next few months maybe. If so, it could potentially double my personal income.

If this happens... after the first couple paychecks, I might accidentally gift a bunch. Just a warning. Send good vibes. I need a new job. :(

Gainful employment for all!

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STBIC4dOBrI&feature=youtu.be

Capcom is readying its latest dose of nostalgia.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So they're releasing the original Ducktales game after they spent all that time on that remake?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So they're releasing the original Ducktales game after they spent all that time on that remake?

Capcom.

• Options
    @Elvenshae
    CHECK YER DANG GIFTS ALREADY

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It's still a little impressive Capcom would actually pay money to renew those licenses. Maybe Disney cut them a break?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    It's still a little impressive Capcom would actually pay money to renew those licenses. Maybe Disney cut them a break?

I feel like Disney is decent about that sort of thing, as long as they get a great cut.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Yeah Disney's clearly got someone that's not 50 years old handling their video game business these days given we've seen stuff like Double Fine's LucasArts remasters too.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Yeah Disney's clearly got someone that's not 50 years old handling their video game business these days given we've seen stuff like Double Fine's LucasArts remasters too.

50! Geez, what would that person even be doing out of the nursing home!?
    :razz:

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options

Speaking as a 50 year old, you're a goose.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Ducktales remastered is 4 years old.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

How did you post this reply so fast? Isn't Matlock on right now?

• Options

it's a commercial!

oh matlock, you devilsh rogue you <3

• Options
    Ha!

Hey while we're here I'm jonesing for some new background music for working on projects and stuff. Can anyone recommend some decent videogame soundtracks available on Steam? I'm ok with pretty much everything from chiptune to orchestral to electronic as long as it's vocal free.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Ha!

Hey while we're here I'm jonesing for some new background music for working on projects and stuff. Can anyone recommend some decent videogame soundtracks available on Steam? I'm ok with pretty much everything from chiptune to orchestral to electronic as long as it's vocal free.

In terms of amount of music you get, the Payday 2 soundtrack probably has the best tracks-to-dollar ratio. Some of the songs included have vocals but you can cut those out and still have like, three or four hours of energetic ass-kicking music?

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ha!

my fav soundtrack (Hotline Miami)

Zavian on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Ha!

and if you like that kind of retrowave electronica shit, cop Furi's.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Ha!

The soundtrack to The House in Fata Morgana is breathtakingly beautiful. I'd link it but I'm at work so, no Steam pages for me. :( It's sold separately from the game iirc.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Did somebody saaaay soundtracks?

Agreed with DarkPrimus, Zavian, and Zxerol for the Payday 2, Hotline Miami, and Furi soundtracks respectively.

I tried organizing this....it...kinda fell apart to stream of consciousness.

On the more soothing side I go for Machinarium and Expand. Shelter and Shelter 2 can be nice for running in the background. Doesn't have an actual Soundtrack available but Thomas Was Alone is delightful and found on youtube. Eufloria is also lovely and ethereal.

Getting more on the pumped side, I go for Assault Android Cactus (though a few songs have sound bits from the game and one has vocals). Rebel Galaxy also has some great music to rock out to.

Kind of soothing and pumped is naturally Bastion and Transistor.

Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless have nice OST that come with the base game.

Death Road to Canada is wonderfully chiptune though a few soundtracks can be a bit hit or miss.

Sorry these all aren't on Steam and this list isn't better organized.

Karoz on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Pretty much any soundtrack by Danny Baranowsky is great. See Crypt of the Necrodancer and the original Super Meat Boy soundtrack.

I quite like the soundtrack to FTL as well.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    Ha!

and if you like that kind of retrowave electronica shit, cop Furi's.

The Brigador OST is bangin' too. And the only vocals here is a full length audiobook of brutal sci fi mechanized combat delivered in the most growly brogue of all time. It may seem a bit pricey at first glance, but this is ten hours of top quality audio entertainment.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Looks like there's a demo available now for that Battle Princess Madelyn game people were talking about.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Elvenshae
    CHECK YER DANG GIFTS ALREADY

I did! But I try to say "Thank you," ah, "in-person," as it were, before I accept a gift. And I've missed you online by a couple of minutes, like, three times now.

So FINE.

I ACCEPT YOUR GESTURE OF KINDNESS, YOU WONDERFUL PERSON, YOU.

zcqwczape7rm.png

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Also for the like other two linux steamers in the thread Arma: Cold War Assault has been ported to Mac/Linux. It has slipped through the Popular New Releases filter so far, even if you are filtering the Store page for your particular OS. I figure that this is for several reasons. First the game is old and looks it (don't worry the gameplay holds up). Second I'd be surprised if a lot of people on Linux didn't already have the Windows version, since many Linux users use WINE/VMs/Dual Booting to play windows games. Which is probably at least one of the reasons why the port isn't using Steamworks. That's right, if you own the Windows version but you prefer a different OS, you'll need to buy it again to play it on that OS. Another strong probability is that a common practice with Linux ports is allowing the company that makes the port to take all the profits from sales up to a certain point. This way if the port flops the original devs don't take the hit and can just keep trucking with whatever they are doing at the moment instead of supporting a flop. Like I'm pretty sure Feral works along this sort of deal with their ports, hence their listing as a publisher for those games on their store page. Feral is porting enough new games that not using Steamworks would be a serious mistake on their part, but for older games like Arma:CWA it's not so cut and dried.

So if you are a Linux gamer and you run across this or other ports that are doing the same thing take a pause for the cause. I know I rolled my eyes at first and said No way am I paying for this again several hours before I put it in my cart and bought it. Turns out I could come up with plenty of good reasons to drop a fiver on this. If you think about it for a second maybe you will too. Or maybe not, but at least give it a moments thought before dismissing it.

Drake on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I have an urge to start a new Fallout 4 playthrough.

I don't need this urge right now. I really don't. Nier is nearly upon us. And Andromeda, too.

Maybe I can just go play in char-gen for a while until the urge goes away...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    As a note, though it doesn't show up on the current sale list, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut is on sale for 75% off as well, and includes all three games. However, due to some server shenanigans, the reviews for that game compilation is currently unusually low in comparison to the other singular games themselves.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Rad, thanks for the suggestions guys, this'll give me a decent list to check out.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Speaking of Fallout, last night I started up The Long Dark again as there had been a bunch of updates since I played last year. Can't praise this game enough; great graphics and atmosphere, Fallout-style explore -> loot -> craft/repair, and no mutants or zombies or griefers to worry about (just ravenous wolves and the occasional bear). Last night while looting a dam I came upon a lone wolf hanging out in the generator room; he was very happy to see me and leaped for my throat. I had to stab him a couple times with a knife but eventually he got tired of playing and whimpered away wounded. After healing my wounds from the mauling, I went back and found his carcass which I duly cut up, then cooked and ate him. Then I wandered off into a blizzard and froze to death.

Good times were had!

Zavian on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Steamworld Heist soundtrack is aces. All delightfully twangy and such. <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I know I'm late to the party, but I enjoy the Witcher soundtracks, and the Darksiders soundtracks. However, there are some chorus bits in multiple tracks on those, but more vocalizations than actual words (or unintelligible words which might as well not be words).

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ha!

I'm not sure if Sakura Dungeon has a separate soundtrack available but I was surprisingly impressed by the music in that game.

Also Hit Bit already linked Undertale so there went my initial idea.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Well this is a cool development, co-pilot mode, to map buttons over two controllers. Sadly only on the xbone but I like the ideas Extra Credits has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzZ2IphdFGw

Edit: Linked here because I know a lot of people ask for suggestions for games for people to play and perhaps co-pilot mode could be a way to get people to try more complex games by having the more experience player take care of more difficult aspects.

Or just wild shenanigans of two people control the same character.

Karoz on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Abyss odessy is exactly what I think of when I wish game developers and movies and shows and books would stop cloning Tolkien and the European pantheon of monsters.

I do not need the bird man's name, I just need to know he has reach.

I murdered a merchant today.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STBIC4dOBrI&amp;feature=youtu.be

Capcom is readying its latest dose of nostalgia.

I LOVED RESCUE RANGERS!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Ha!

I'm not sure if Sakura Dungeon has a separate soundtrack available but I was surprisingly impressed by the music in that game.

Also Hit Bit already linked Undertale so there went my initial idea.

In a bizarre coincidence, I was browsing Bandcamp the other day and there is a soundtrack for Sakura Dungeon. Guy appears to have done a bunch of game soundtracks.

https://zackparrish.bandcamp.com

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    Or just wild shenanigans of two people control the same character.

Buzzfeed is an organization that is staffed by and designed to appeal to complete douchebags, but they had a video a while back where people would cuddle with their exes that was kind of amusing, mainly because some of the exes hated each other.

Replace "cuddle" with "each of your controllers has half of the buttons mapped to it and you have to beat Dark Souls on stream for charity" and you've got a recipe for some good youtube fodder I think.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Who do I blow to get Disney to revisit the gargoyles universe?

Edit: I recently learned several darkwing duck episodes were banned for violence.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

it's a commercial!

oh matlock, you devilsh rogue you <3

I watch for Don Knotts.

This discussion has been closed.