Options

ME Andromeda: Early Impressions Out, Divert All Power To Spoiler Tags

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Frem wrote: »
    If
    Oats wrote: »
    Not a huge amount of specifics on it yet but there's a tab of the store called the Item Shop which uses a secondary currency (which you can accrue from playing an MP Mission which has a set difficulty/faction/map and some modifiers, so like, no ammo boxes but you start with 800% of your normal ammo/grenades). MP Missions award credits and Mission Funds.

There's also a mobile app which is kind of the war table from DAI for other missions to give you more rewards that way.

As of last night, 5 Mission Funds bought you any of the in-match consumables (medigoo, rockets, ammo, heal/shields) or 15 for a respec card.

Wait, mobile app? Like, an actual mobile app, or an in-game UI thing? I don't see anything in the App Store on iOS.

The mobile app isn't available outside Canada, Singapore, Romania, and ireland until the 20th.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hot Take it will be but its how I've felt about it for a while.

One of the reasons I didn't get all the praise.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    If
    Not a huge amount of specifics on it yet but there's a tab of the store called the Item Shop which uses a secondary currency (which you can accrue from playing an MP Mission which has a set difficulty/faction/map and some modifiers, so like, no ammo boxes but you start with 800% of your normal ammo/grenades). MP Missions award credits and Mission Funds.

There's also a mobile app which is kind of the war table from DAI for other missions to give you more rewards that way.

As of last night, 5 Mission Funds bought you any of the in-match consumables (medigoo, rockets, ammo, heal/shields) or 15 for a respec card.

Wait, mobile app? Like, an actual mobile app, or an in-game UI thing? I don't see anything in the App Store on iOS.

Some info
    If you're in Canada, Ireland, Romania or Singapore you can download the app now, or it launches worldwide on 20th March for either iPhone/iPad or Android.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Heh, the Witcherbros are already at work....
    5297_df53_500.jpeg

I love how they always need to point out the "Slavic" portion.

this is...super weird for them to describe it like that

like I don't know why it weirds me out, but it weirds me out.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    the game looking better and the game being bigger are always advancements that come with the march of time. They're using a newer engine that can accommodate that stuff. I do not really give much credit to that because they've had 5 years to make a good looking game in 2017. For a AAA studio, that is the bare minumum effort.
    Heh, the Witcherbros are already at work....
    5297_df53_500.jpeg

I love how they always need to point out the "Slavic" portion.

this is...super weird for them to describe it like that

like I don't know why it weirds me out, but it weirds me out.

Replace 'slavs' with any specific race or ethnicity and you figure it out really quick.

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    It seems the G+T Mass Effect thread is a bit more positive about the game, but they seem to be more focused on the MP.

Honestly this is the weirdest thing to me. People are focused and looking forward to MP from a Bioware game?

Like, that honestly dumbfounds me.

the mp for me3 is really, really fun.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I hear the Polish government fucking threw money at CDPR too

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    If

Some info
    If you're in Canada, Ireland, Romania or Singapore you can download the app now, or it launches worldwide on 20th March for either iPhone/iPad or Android.

Excellent. I didn't mind the war table in theory in Inquisition, but loading in and jogging around to use it was a pain. If you have to have something like it, a mobile app is the way to go.

I'm kinda surprised it's a mechanic those time around, though. Doesn't seem like it'd add much worthwhile to the game.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    To me CDPR seems to have taken what Bioware used to be the best at and raised the bar on those type of games to an impressive level. It's not unfair to criticize games for failing to achieve what they set out to do, and this game really seems to fall flat on the characteristics that made Bioware's brand.
    Like it's cool that people like CDPR games, and they're admittedly pretty, but there's no gameplay there. It's just pretty pictures.
    I mean

this is a pile of horseshit
    I straight up hated the gameplay. Spoilered because who cares about my thoughts on a three year old game?
    Ride horse around
    Look at tracks on the ground
    Walk a lot
    Watch a cutscene
    Walk around more
    Follow another NPC
    Click to attack a few times
    Press a button to heal
    Click to attack a few more times
    (repeat until all enemies are dead)
    Find glowing thing
    Click on it
    (repeat for every quest)

Amazingly gorgeous, but I hated every moment of combat. From the damned drowners you first come across, to the random creatures that will just kill you, and the endlessly respawning camps. Like how many times do I have to kill these damn bandits?

Weapons and armor degraded, the carry cap was crazy low for how much travel you had to do, the whole inventory system was a burden (thank goodness you can just mod it out). There never really seemed to be any reason to craft anything, there was just a couple things that were better than everything else.

I admit that I came to Witcher 3 late and was basically expecting the world, but aside from unbelievably gorgeous visuals and good voice acting I didn't find anything there of value.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    As one of the oldest Mass Effect fans* this seems like a Mass Effect game and I will enjoy it.

This is a joke but I did get Mass Effect 1 two weeks early thanks to KMart not giving a shit.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    the witcher 3 is not yet even 2 years old.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    To me CDPR seems to have taken what Bioware used to be the best at and raised the bar on those type of games to an impressive level. It's not unfair to criticize games for failing to achieve what they set out to do, and this game really seems to fall flat on the characteristics that made Bioware's brand.
    Like it's cool that people like CDPR games, and they're admittedly pretty, but there's no gameplay there. It's just pretty pictures.
    I mean

I straight up hated the gameplay. Spoilered because who cares about my thoughts on a three year old game?
    Ride horse around
    Walk a lot
    Watch a cutscene
    Walk around more
    Follow another NPC
    Press a button to heal
    Find glowing thing
    Click on it
    (repeat for every quest)

Amazingly gorgeous, but I hated every moment of combat. From the damned drowners you first come across, to the random creatures that will just kill you, and the endlessly respawning camps. Like how many times do I have to kill these damn bandits?

Weapons and armor degraded, the carry cap was crazy low for how much travel you had to do, the whole inventory system was a burden (thank goodness you can just mod it out). There never really seemed to be any reason to craft anything, there was just a couple things that were better than everything else.

I admit that I came to Witcher 3 late and was basically expecting the world, but aside from unbelievably gorgeous visuals and good voice acting I didn't find anything there of value.

you said there was no gameplay and then listed a bunch of kinds of gameplay

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    also listing the mechanics of what you do is not a criticism

"all you do in this game is aim and shoot"

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Yo there's a*n official Bioware launch party happening on Monday near me so I'll probably go, any requests?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Yo there's a launch party happening on Monday near me so I'll probably go, any requests?

Yes, please have a nice time

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    About ME Multiplayer:

honestly if this game didn't have multiplayer I probably wouldn't have bought it

I am all about that multiplayer. I would buy a multiplayer only Mass Effect.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    About ME Multiplayer:

honestly if this game didn't have multiplayer I probably wouldn't have bought it

Honestly at this point I would totally buy an ME that was only multi, though I'd expect a lower cost.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I mean

Ride horse around
    Walk a lot
    Watch a cutscene
    Walk around more
    Follow another NPC
    Press a button to heal
    Find glowing thing
    Click on it
    (repeat for every quest)

you said there was no gameplay and then listed a bunch of kinds of gameplay
    You're right, I should have said "I hated the gameplay" instead of "there was no gameplay."

Simply put: I hated the combat, the exploration, and the horse racing. The combat felt unresponsive and Geralt felt weak for being such a badass, the ratio of exploration to meaningful reward was absurd in the wrong direction, and ... OK, riding was actually fine and it was nice that the horse largely followed the path if you were on one.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    About ME Multiplayer:

Honestly at this point I would totally buy an ME that was only multi, though I'd expect a lower cost.

Me too, unless it had a ton more multiplayer features or something

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Alright, full lists of the powers with numbers are popping up.

I think the Charge, Turbocharge, Annhilation Vangod(but actually Adept profile) might be quite fun.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Woo just like old times

Just rubberbanded into a sync kill lol

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    About ME Multiplayer:

Me too, unless it had a ton more multiplayer features or something

It is kind of surprising they haven't broken Multiplayer out as a separate purchase yet. Probably waiting to see if its as successful the second time out, but that's easily where EA can make pretty easy money in a f2p model.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ok I'm happy to report that the Steam Controller works. You can do the gamepad + mouse input at the same time with no issue.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Woo just like old times

That Old Familiar Feeling

I tell ya what, if I'm playing the MEA multi and I hear that banshee scream I am pretty sure I'll shit my entire pants.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

I think the Charge, Turbocharge, Annhilation Vangod(but actually Adept profile) might be quite fun.

Where if you don't mind?

• Options
    Pony wrote: »
    Woo just like old times

I tell ya what, if I'm playing the MEA multi and I hear that banshee scream I am pretty sure I'll shit my entire pants.
    I kinda miss the Reapers. I'm not sure who these enemies are and why I should care. :(

I mean, they still get headbutted but good. But I sorta want motivation for my endless wars? :lol:

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

"Left trigger, right trigger."

• Options
    Question. Are you limited to three powers in Multiplayer?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Where if you don't mind?

and transcribed (missing tech right now but will be updated)

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5zsmfy/mea_spoilers_skill_tree_with_numbers_and/

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Ok I'm happy to report that the Steam Controller works. You can do the gamepad + mouse input at the same time with no issue.

i am actually full on surprised at this. more PC ports should be able to do this. i get that it takes dev and QA time, but if you're bothering to port to PC, you might as well include simultaneous controller/KBM support.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hmmm. I played 20 minutes and had to quit. I started back up and now there is no sound.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Question. Are you limited to three powers in Multiplayer?

3 active powers yes. But some classes get extra abilities by doing their class tree. Like they showed an adept that charges up when they use their biotic powers and if you do a heavy melee you trade cooldowns on your powers for eating your shield.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I don't want to spoiled on stuff so I'm not clicking that skills list thing but could somebody who is please answer a quick question
    is friend holographic attach orb in MEA y/n?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

i am actually full on surprised at this. more PC ports should be able to do this. i get that it takes dev and QA time, but if you're bothering to port to PC, you might as well include simultaneous controller/KBM support.

I was surprised that you can't use the SC as MKB in RE7. So far I think I'm gonna stick with PC this time. I just need to test my Steam Link tonight (damn kids and your stupid TV shows).

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I don't want to spoiled on stuff so I'm not clicking that skills list thing but could somebody who is please answer a quick question

Y. Needs to be unlocked though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    I fixed the sound. For some reason plugging a ps4 controller in caused my computer to switch to headphones that were not there.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Y. Needs to be unlocked though.

GOOD ENOUGH

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I fixed the sound. For some reason plugging a ps4 controller in caused my computer to switch to headphones that were not there.

My computer does this with an xbox controller like it defaults to the not connected headphone jack on the controller.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Woo just like old times

Like the whole pants? No part left unshat upon?

• Options
    These face options are very disappointing. Wish I could just change the default's hair color or default male's facial hair.

This discussion has been closed.