Options

In Which We Call Webcomics [Webcrumblics] Again

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I had sex ed classes in 5th grade, 7th grade, and 10th grade, I think

I seem to recall them being fairly comprehensive in terms of anatomy, STIs, and contraceptives, but I don't think they ever really talked very much at all about orientations

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Things got weird at Camp Weedonwantcha.

zSR9plR.jpg

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

I know it's a joke but there actually is a Barber/Tattoo shop in Austin.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

I know it's a joke but there actually is a Barber/Tattoo shop in Austin.

That actually sounds pretty baller?

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    It has some baller signage but I can't speak to anything else about it.

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Better than a barber/surgeon anyway

Shave and a haircut
    No Legs!

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

1: Starward Lovers rules

2: If the story turns into Jen smooching her way through the entire crew until she builds enough confidence to smooch the final boss, I'm going to be so on board.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    2: If the story turns into Jen smooching her way through the entire crew until she builds enough confidence to smooch the final boss, I'm going to be so on board.
    The Raandyy gambit

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Vic wrote: »
    The Raandyy gambit

And remember kids,
    T0RVoI1.jpg

Vic on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I am not an electrical engineer but why on earth would a bike with an electricity-generating fuel cell need an alternator

I mean, it's probably for the same reason a v-twin has six cylinders but what would I know

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    Owlturd has good handwriting. Sucks his computer croaked tho

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I am not an electrical engineer but why on earth would a bike with an electricity-generating fuel cell need an alternator

I mean, it's probably for the same reason a v-twin has six cylinders but what would I know

Because boring old DC current is lame and there's no way* to turn it into AC just on its own, so that entire second engine is there just to run the clock which uses the AC frequency as its base tick…

* yes, I know, shush.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    At this point I'm just deciding the bike is a hybrid system with a vr6 motor powering a generator that complements the fuel cell

Hence the need for so much electrical work but also a double-tipped exhaust (from two cylinder banks, you see)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Oh damn you all. Now I've started to think about why the hell something with a fuel cell (that just outputs electricity) needs a V-anything which is an internal combustion engine thing. ARGH.

Bring back the philosopher's coat.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Normally I can't be bothered with SFP and its writing foibles but something about this particular lack of interest in research is just bugging me

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Turns out she's just spouting technobabble to seem impressive 'cause she knows Feral doesn't know shit about engineering.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I considered that a possibility but it just seems like a few of these are basic lapses in engineering

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Oh damn you all. Now I've started to think about why the hell something with a fuel cell (that just outputs electricity) needs a V-anything which is an internal combustion engine thing. ARGH.

Motorcycles are the bane of comic book writers and artists. They're too cool to not use but nobody knows fuck about them and they are a pain to draw

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    You know what was a hybrid bike that was well designed in its technobabble? Kaneda's from Akira

It is, in canon, two wheel drive with some kind of ceramic twin motor driving an electrical system that powers each wheel independently. Which is hypothetically doable but still futuristic even 35 years after its design, and leaves some of the specifics to the imagination

32f3e9d86ce8df13f8d48d47059d4b684aa067b9_hq.jpg

Otomo also put a fuckton of design into its suspension and such

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular

Motorcycles are the bane of comic book writers and artists. They're too cool to not use but nobody knows fuck about them and they are a pain to draw

Unless you're one of the artists who really really likes them enough to draw them constantly.

EZdVjQK.jpg

HyX52ni.jpg

kYdZWlx.jpg

ezLjf1d.jpg

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    could really go for some repsol

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    You know what was a hybrid bike that was well designed in its technobabble? Kaneda's from Akira

It is, in canon, two wheel drive with some kind of ceramic twin motor driving an electrical system that powers each wheel independently. Which is hypothetically doable but still futuristic even 35 years after its design, and leaves some of the specifics to the imagination

Otomo was (is?) really good at drawing mechanical things.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

Otomo was (is?) really good at drawing mechanical things.

dogbGQ6.jpg

and yeah he's still doing design work

• Options
    edited April 2017
    SabreMau wrote: »

Unless you're one of the artists who really really likes them enough to draw them constantly.

EZdVjQK.jpg

A buddy's​ dad had this bike for a while when it was new and sold it off way later when he had kids because it's somewhere between useless and dangerous outside the racetrack even by his own standards, which is to say, very much so

Yamaha two-stroke racers are chainsaws from hell and they're so cool

That guy's current bike is the even rarer but slightly less ludicrous Yamaha SRX

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    interesting contrast there with the characters drawn somewhat stylized, and the bikes looking like very little stylization going on.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I haven't read SFP in a while when did Feral get moe as hell?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    interesting contrast there with the characters drawn somewhat stylized, and the bikes looking like very little stylization going on.

those are just heavily stylized horses

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options

That choice took place in a lot of the anime and manga that I first saw translanted and for sale in the US back in the 90s, and it's one of the things that first appealed to me. The contrast of object in the world being given a painstaking amount of detail while the characters were essentially blanks with cool hair somehow hit a sweet spot for me. Anyway now anime is everywhere and I'm sorry, but it was a novelty then OK.

• Options

I think it's because a bike has enough lines going on that even when it's cartoony in its shading, it's gonna look distinct

__hell_biker_shin_megami_tensei_drawn_by_kazuma_kaneko__sample-5b44d790406945b233e2077490cd0361.jpg

MegaTen's demon Hell Biker is a great example of this

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Manga artists in general seem like they tend to draw really detailed mechanical stuff more than Western artists.

• Options
    Manga artists in general seem like they tend to draw really detailed mechanical stuff more than Western artists.

past6.jpg
    actually gis'ing comic book motorcycle indicates a ton of examples of motorcycles in Western comics being in similar detail to manga ones

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    That motorcycle could really use some pouches.

And maybe something to help obscure that ugly-ass foot.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Please do not post such ghastly shit without warning and spoilers and giving me money in compensation

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    I just noticed those two Background Bystanders have the exact same pose. Not even traced, but just, like, caught in the middle of a dance routine.

• Options

I think it's because a bike has enough lines going on that even when it's cartoony in its shading, it's gonna look distinct

__hell_biker_shin_megami_tensei_drawn_by_kazuma_kaneko__sample-5b44d790406945b233e2077490cd0361.jpg

MegaTen's demon Hell Biker is a great example of this

wait fuck I have been playing megaten games for ages by now and only just noticed that hell biker has turn signals and a brake light

who tickets the hell biker?

This discussion has been closed.