As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] One Shining #Knickstape

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Isaiah Thomas is pretty good at basketball.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Warriors are pretty good at basketball

Xehalus on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The deeper this run goes the more Mike Brown is going to make me nervous.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    This run is gonna get Mike Brown a head coaching gig somewhere next year.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Thomas on how to guard John Wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnX8DFFWJ7U

Kelor on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Apparently the Balls were looking for a "partnership" type deal and the shoe companies were like "nah, we want employees not partners"

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Gonna go full circle and take over the Cavs after he beats them in the Finals this year.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Apparently the Balls were looking for a "partnership" type deal and the shoe companies were like "nah, we want employees not partners"

He has his own shoe design already! And he wants to charge $200 a pair!

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I'm not super familiar with the scheduling for the playoffs, but is there a reason that the Celtics/Wizards match ups started before both the teams that went 4-0 had their second series start?

Is it just because they played first so they start the second round first?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. He was a disaster in LA after being run out of Cleveland and having 4 top-15 players including two former MVPs in your starting lineup isn't particularly innovative on his part. It's not like the Warriors have been challenged to the point of requiring any real adjustments so far.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    God, I fucking hate Kelly Olynyk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364Fp_xibAs

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Like, he does not get the benefit of the doubt on this. It has happened too many times.

It stops being coincidences when every series you're playing in a matter that can severely injure opposing players. It's either one of two things: he's simply a dirty player and is intentionally trying to take players out or he's incompetent to how to play/defend at a high level without injuring opponents. You pick which one is worse.

At this point I genuinely wish a career ending injury on him this series, better him than multiple other people. It's only sheer luck that he hasn't ended the careers of Love and Wall.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. He was a disaster in LA after being run out of Cleveland and having 4 top-15 players including two former MVPs in your starting lineup isn't particularly innovative on his part. It's not like the Warriors have been challenged to the point of requiring any real adjustments so far.

I know it's only Utah, but I had this sinking feeling in my gut for the next series when Rodney Hood scores ten straight points in the 3rd quarter, and there was no adjustment made to slow down the only player seemingly capable of scoring against them.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

I know it's only Utah, but I had this sinking feeling in my gut for the next series when Rodney Hood scores ten straight points in the 3rd quarter, and there was no adjustment made to slow down the only player seemingly capable of scoring against them.

It's also only game 1 and only the semi-finals. In a more dire situation I wouldn't be surprised if their players just take over. LeBron successfully undermined Blatt all the time and I am sure someone in that top 4 (probably Curry) would be able to do the same.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Kelor wrote: »
    I'm not super familiar with the scheduling for the playoffs, but is there a reason that the Celtics/Wizards match ups started before both the teams that went 4-0 had their second series start?

Is it just because they played first so they start the second round first?
    The Jazz didn't finish their 1st-round series until two days after the Celtics and Wizards finished their respective 1st-round series, so it's not surprising Celtics/Wizards started before Warriors/Jazz.

As for Cavs/Raptors, I'm less sure about that. I've been looking around and I think the answer revolves around TV deals and requiring a doubleheader on Sunday, April 30. Only one 1st-round series (Jazz/Clippers) remained, which was one of the two Sunday games, and I guess the networks wanted to (or had already committed to?) have Cavs/Raptors and Spurs/Rockets on Monday. Given that, and since nobody wants back-to-backs during the playoffs, the only available series left to play the second game on Sunday was Celtics/Wizards.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Tony Parker is out the rest of the playoffs with a torn tendon in his quadriceps. A real shame because he was looking really good last night before that happened.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Probably out for career, sadly

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Shitty way for a dude like that to go out. I hope he's able to rehab enough to make a comeback next year, but that seems pretty unlikely :(

• Options
    Tony Parker should go in the HoF for his floater alone

• Options
    dlmveigo56lj.jpg

Please fire the person responsible for ESPN's front page.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    yeah that is some tasteless shit

someone like Bleacher Report steal Beadle and Jalen so I don't feel bad when ESPN goes bankrupt

Xehalus on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    dlmveigo56lj.jpg

Please fire the person responsible for ESPN's front page.

they've already laid off so many staff though

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Lonzo Ball revealed his signature shoe...it's only $495!!!!!!

• Options
    Do you get two of them, at least?

• Options
    Do you get two of them, at least?

Of course

• Options
    someone save that kid from his father

• Options
    Oh, well he has a pair of slippers for only $220. I'll buy them instead.

• Options
    "Big baller's loose. If you can't afford the Z02's, you're not a big baller!"

- Lavar Ball

• Options
    Kelly Oubre decided to enact the rest of the league's frustration with Olinyk and probably got himself thrown out of the series

• Options
    Kelly Oubre decided to enact the rest of the league's frustration with Olinyk and probably got himself thrown out of the series

He went out a hero.

• Options
    Eh, Washington doesn't exactly have too much to spare on their bench

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Sorry. I thought the screen looked deserving of an offensive foul but I think Oubre's a moron for that one. They may not need him right now but their bench isn't terribly deep overall.

• Options
    It was whistled for an offensive foul and yeah he almost knocked the official over on that bonehead play. He'll be lucky to see court time before next season.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Should have got him in the neck, not the chest. Get your money's worth.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    what exactly happened on that play

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Oghulk wrote: »
    what exactly happened on that play

Olynyk elbowed Oubre in the face during a screen (whether accidentally or not, I don't give a fuck, at this point Olynyk does this too much for it to matter either way), Oubre got up, took exception and knocked him down with a fair bit of force as every non-Celtic in the league cheered.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    ok it was an elbow to the face, I just couldn't see what happened other than Oubre wrapping up on Olynyk and then Oubre falling when the other kelly went away

it was such a weird chain of events from the normal angle

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    It wasn't an elbow to the face, though it looked that way from the initial video I saw. Here's a different one that shows it more clearly. That said, I still can't tell whether his shoulder hit his face.

• Options
    Smasher wrote: »
    It wasn't an elbow to the face, though it looked that way from the initial video I saw. Here's a different one that shows it more clearly. That said, I still can't tell whether his shoulder hit his face.

Even if it was a perfectly clean screen Olynyk deserved what he got and more for all of his other stuff that isn't clean.

This discussion has been closed.